PDA

View Full Version : Building a roll at the 5s

TruFloridaGator
04-11-2005, 02:22 PM
I'm playing the 5+.50s at FT & PS right now, & am wondering(in relation to other threads) what everyone's oppinion on building a roll through the 5s? Right now, I don't have any rakeback but am planning on moving to UB to pick up one. If I can slowly or quickly make a roll(whatever comes first), what's the first amount I should hop in to the the 11s on party? Should I try Sometimes it's almost too easy & then very long streaks of losing slowly or barely breaking even. Would moving up to the 11s ASAP give me a better gauge of my game or should I stick with the 5s & just keep posting HH & such to improve until I can build a roll through the 5s? Sorry for the repetition. Any & all answers are appreciated as always.

apd138
04-11-2005, 02:27 PM
If you can beat the $6 you can beat the $11. Any difference in skill and there isnt much is made up for in the discounted rake.

TruFloridaGator
04-11-2005, 02:29 PM
So, I should move up as soon as I have what for a roll. What would be a little bit above a minimum to have for the 11s. And if I move up to the 11s should I be playing PP or PS. Right now I prefer the stack sizes @ PS.

TruFloridaGator
04-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Anyone else?(AKA bump)

GtrHtr
04-11-2005, 03:33 PM
Building a roll in the 5's has not been difficult for me. Playing TAG in the early rounds on UB and then selective stealing in the level 5+ is the way to go. The OOTM play on UB tends to be much tighter than PP but the ITM play is a joke once you are past the bubble play. Most have no clue how to play HU.

As far as BR requirements there are several recent posts that cover that much better than I could.

I asked you this in another post but this is easier: How are you working the rakeback on UB?

GtrHtr
04-11-2005, 03:45 PM
I got your reply on the other post...thanks tru.

TruFloridaGator
04-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the reply & yourwelcome

DasLeben
04-11-2005, 03:48 PM
I agree. The UB $5s are cake. I play TAG early, and then really open things up after about level 4. When there are 4-5 players remaining, you can get away with an amazing amount of stealing. In the HU stage, just leeeeean and lean and lean. I played HU with a player today that was so weak/tight, he wouldn't ever stand up to me. I literally raised every SB until I had him backed into a little corner. The players at UB may be tight, but don't mistake that characteristic for "good."

TruFloridaGator
04-11-2005, 03:50 PM
I'm still hunting you down you gator hater /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

GtrHtr
04-11-2005, 03:57 PM
You've just figured that out Tru???

Go Dawgs!! Kinda hard being me in Gainesville but I'll live. UF is gonna be tough this year - no joke. Been out scouting at several practices and Urban is all business.

GtrHtr.

TruFloridaGator
04-11-2005, 03:59 PM
It's all good, FSU, Miami & UT are all on my hate list before UGA. /images/graemlins/cool.gif Yeah, should be a awesome SEC East year.

GtrHtr
04-11-2005, 04:01 PM
Amen brother.

UGA and UF don't hate much. My user name was more of a joke with some of my buddies at work. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TruFloridaGator
04-11-2005, 04:05 PM
Well, I wouldn't go that far, UGA is like #1 on some people's lists, just not on mine.

r2p
04-11-2005, 04:08 PM
The PS $5 SnG are taking far longer and arectighter in the last 4 weeks than what I see at UB.

GtrHtr
04-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Most I speak with are in line with you...FSU, UM, UT etc.

I do have season tickets to the Swamp and am a booster as well. Go figure.