PDA

View Full Version : 5/10 hi, Rolled Aces, Slowplay, when to slow down?

BeerMoney
04-11-2005, 02:01 PM
I went ahead and played this hand fast. I figured my opponents are gonna figure me for aces once I call, so, I figure I might well just go ahead and raise anyway. They're not gonna know I have trips. They'll figure I'm just pushing AxA.

On sixth I got scared, as my opponent paired his door, and after I went crazy early on, I figured he may have quads. However, the more I think about it, most opponents, would have raised me on third with trips, so maybe i'm a huge wimp.

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.5, Bring-In $2 (hand converter (http://www.geocities.com/greenage22/7StudConverter.hta.txt))

3rd Street

Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif___calls___raises
Seat 2: xx xx 3/images/graemlins/club.gif___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif___completes___raises___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif___raises___calls___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

4th Street

Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif___bets___raises___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif___raises___raises
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif___calls___calls

5th Street

Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif___calls
Seat 6: xx xx J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif___folds

6th Street

Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif___bets

River

Hero: A/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif xx___bets

When you look down and see 3 aces, its kind of hard to think straight.

TheShootah
04-11-2005, 02:06 PM
I am pretty confused about this hand in general. I like the way you played it. On 3rd I thought he might have had KK in the hole, but then on fourth, I rejected that pretty quickly. Now I am just confused, the only thing I can think of is quad 5's also, but that is nuts. I am interested in seeing some results and some other opinions. Nice hand sir, and I hope you won. I couldn't take losing with Rolled Aces. The only time I got them I made Quads...hehehe...Nice Hand. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Andy B
04-11-2005, 02:15 PM
Two limp/re-raisers in the same hand. You don't see that every day.

This guy limped and re-raised on third, and jammed with your Ace door card on fourth. Could he have done all that with only one pair? If your answer is no, he can only have a full house, probably with rolled-up Fives. Seems strange to slow down like that with rolled-up Aces, but what can you do?

jon_1van
04-11-2005, 02:27 PM
I think you have to slow down when the 5 pairs his door. I can't think of any other hand that a semi sane person would cap on 4th with other than trip 5s. I could believe that Mr. 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif got pocket KK and he's trying to get it heads up...at least until he caps on 4th. When he cap 4th after the guy has already called 2 cold he should know that J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif is gonna be calling. So I don't think that 4th street cap is an isolation attempt.

I think you have to slow down....but it might be hard/annoying

P.S. What in the world did seat 6 have that was worthy of cold calling twice on 4th and then folding for 1 BB when he closes the action on 5th????

MRBAA
04-11-2005, 02:54 PM
very strange hand. The fold by the third guy on fifth is strange. Yeah, you "must" be beat when he pairs his door and you don't fill...right? He'll just have to show you. If he has kings and fives...don't look at it as missing bets, just figure he was dumb enough to bet your hand for you.

mscags
04-11-2005, 04:46 PM
I think that since you are playing 5/10 slowing down is probably a good idea because you would think that this player has to be halfway sane. If I'm playing a lower limit I think I continue to jam. Tough either way though.

BeerMoney
04-11-2005, 07:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
However, the more I think about it, most opponents, would have raised me on third with trips, so maybe i'm a huge wimp.

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant to say most opponents would have raised me on FIFTH with trips.

I wasn't quite thinking straight because, immediately before this at another table I had rolled kings!!

As MRBAA and Jon guess, the guy was overplaying KK in the whole. I was a little dumbfounded with his play.

I took the pot down and actually had two rolled hands that held up! I wanted to post a hand that wasn't a bad beat for once. Thanks for the input.

MRBAA
04-12-2005, 10:41 AM
I don't think you missed any bets here. Unless you know this guy is a maniac, there's no way you can raise on sixth or river when you don't fill. Basically, if he checked you would bet, so instead he just put in your money for you. The big question is why he "decided" you didn't have aces on the early streets. Maybe he was trying to knock the other guy out. You can see why he bet sixth and river -- he thought you might not have made a second pair. But since his early action would lead you to think he had more than pocket kings, you can't read him for playing the hand that way.