PDA

View Full Version : QQ w/all unders on the board, Villain just calls

Los Feliz Slim
04-11-2005, 01:31 PM
How do you like the bet sizes?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($231)
Button ($194)
SB ($207.4)
BB ($192)
UTG ($190.15)
UTG+1 ($170.1)
MP1 ($449.95)
MP2 ($205.95)
MP3 ($207)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls $12.

Flop: ($45) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $26</font>, MP2 calls $26.

Turn: ($97) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $50</font>, MP2 calls $50.

River: ($197) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $197

** Summary **
Main Pot: $194 | Rake: $3
Board: [ 7s 6h 3h 5d 2s ]
Hero lost $96 [ Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ] [ a pair of queens ]
MP2 bet $96, collected $194, net +$98 [ K/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif ] [ a pair of kings ]

maranello11
04-11-2005, 01:35 PM
What hands do you see him calling 20 with. You raised to get an idea of where you were at. I feel you feared you for AA but was willing to keep it cheap so he checked hoping a K came. He checks the river too. I think it was a good check by you because even if you went all-in he may have called.

MikeL
04-11-2005, 02:13 PM
I'd definitely mark this guy in your "buddy" list! Use the
same betting pattern when you hit the straight/flush (or
set on non-scary board). He's going to pay you off! His
play was awful.

Regards,
Mike L.

Los Feliz Slim
04-11-2005, 02:41 PM
My concern about checking anywhere other than the river is that he can then bet into me with JJ or AK and I have no idea where I am.

The funny thing is, I was totally prepared to lay this down if he raised, my Spidey-sense was tingling. He even min-raises and I'm gone.

edge
04-11-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
play was awful.

Regards,
Mike L.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you play KK out of position against a preflop reraiser here?

Los Feliz Slim
04-11-2005, 03:28 PM
FWIW, I would have re-re-raised preflop if I were him. Then, I would have called the flop and pushed a non-A or Q turn. But that's just me.

edge
04-11-2005, 03:40 PM
That gets you stacked every time against AA and lets QQ get away very easily (QQ probably wouldn't even bet the flop, and may fold preflop). Basically, you get nothing if you're ahead, and you get stacked if you're behind. That's probably the worst line.

TheWorstPlayer suggested this in another thread: Check/call the flop, lead out on the turn. If you get raised on the turn, drop it. If you get called, block the river. I kind of like that, assuming you're not against a very aggressive player.

Los Feliz Slim
04-11-2005, 03:56 PM
Using that line, which I agree makes more sense than mine, let's put ourselves back in my shoes. I bet the flop, he calls. Then he leads out on the turn, let's say for the pot. I think I raise here, which using TWP's line for the Villain, (again, my line was crap) wins me the pot.

If I've got KK in Villain's shoes, I'm looking to get it all in preflop, so I'm definitely re-popping it. If we get it all in preflop and he's got AA, so be it.

BobboFitos
04-12-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
play was awful.

Regards,
Mike L.

[/ QUOTE ]

why was it awful?

I would play it much the same way, except probably bet the river

edit: I mean as villain. then i looked at stack sizes. and i would have about a pot bet leftr on river. so the question is if i push does he fold jj / qq. if i check does he check behind aa. if i check does he bet all above + ak/aq/whatever trash he overplayed. so i am not sure what i'd do. i do know my line looks alot like this when i get reraised pf by a tight player in position and i have KK on a rag board.