PDA

View Full Version : Deep stacked QQ, please comment

Fianchetto
04-11-2005, 12:08 PM
$200 Max buy in B&M NL game. Blinds $2-$2-$3.

I've played with the UTG player in this hand only a little bit, to me he seems too loose aggressive, but others consider him to be a good player. He is fairly experienced, i.e. he has probably been playing hold'em for a long time.

I haven't been at the table long, I've basically played one big hand where I doubled up after flopping a set with KK.

UTG ($600) limps, UTG+1($150) makes it $20, folded to me in LMP ($480) and I make it $40 with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Folded to UTG who calls, UTG+1 calls.

3 players ($120)

Flop: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

check, check, I bet $100, UTG moves all-in, UTG+1 folds, Your action?

I'm still new to no limit, but here are some of my thoughts:

I had a hard time putting UTG on a hand. Could he have called $40 preflop with a 3 in his hand? I doubt it, A3s would be the only somewhat reasonable hand. Pocket jacks probably would have raised prelfop. AJ is a possibility; a diamond draw? It should be pretty obvious that I have an overpair, right? So is he trying to muscle me out, or does he want to get called. And if he has a moster why would he shut out the UTG+1 player....

Anyway, what else should I factor in this decision, and what would you do?

Results to follow.

edge
04-11-2005, 12:16 PM
I call. A trey is not too likely, for the same reasons you put down. JJ, KK, AA beat you in that case, but would he limp-coldcall with those? A loose-aggressive player probably wouldn't. I think you're only behind to A3s, and since he's aggressive, you have him beat more times than not.

Allinlife
04-11-2005, 12:19 PM
you should raise at least 3 times the original raise and make it 60 to go preflop.

regarding the flop play, I put on preciesly on AJ and make this call. I think majority of BM players would sloooowplay their flopped fullhouse. AKd/AQd is also a strong possibility.

I don't think AA/KK would limp-call very often preflop.

it looks like you dominate him or coinflip for majority of the time, so call /images/graemlins/smile.gif

noggindoc
04-11-2005, 01:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
$200 Max buy in B&M NL game. Blinds $2-$2-$3.

I've played with the UTG player in this hand only a little bit, to me he seems too loose aggressive, but others consider him to be a good player. He is fairly experienced, i.e. he has probably been playing hold'em for a long time.

I haven't been at the table long, I've basically played one big hand where I doubled up after flopping a set with KK.

UTG ($600) limps, UTG+1($150) makes it $20, folded to me in LMP ($480) and I make it $40 with Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif

Folded to UTG who calls, UTG+1 calls.

3 players ($120)

Flop: J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

check, check, I bet $100, UTG moves all-in, UTG+1 folds, Your action?

I'm still new to no limit, but here are some of my thoughts:

I had a hard time putting UTG on a hand. Could he have called $40 preflop with a 3 in his hand? I doubt it, A3s would be the only somewhat reasonable hand. Pocket jacks probably would have raised prelfop. AJ is a possibility; a diamond draw? It should be pretty obvious that I have an overpair, right? So is he trying to muscle me out, or does he want to get called. And if he has a moster why would he shut out the UTG+1 player....

Anyway, what else should I factor in this decision, and what would you do?

Results to follow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd call and hope to be shown A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Why would AA, KK, or JJ play the hand this way?

bigt439
04-11-2005, 01:28 PM
If you're calling with the best case scenario being shown A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif you should be folding. You're like 60/40 against that hand and massacred against so many others. Also I really don't put him on AJ and here's why: If he's not raising with aj its likely because he understands it's not a great hand in a full ring, and if that's the case I really doubt he's calling a raise and a reraise with it. I think his two most likely holdings are jj and aa with kk being a distinct possiblity. He may have limp aa with the thought of reraising but then thought he could trap a three better preflop (you) so just called your raise. I think he could also have jj as you definitely do not have to be raising this pf in a full ring. He then calls you pf half for set value and half thinking he has the best hand. The problem with that hands is the check raise is telegraphing strength and I don't know why he'd want to do that especially if he put you on an overpair. Maybe he had a mid pair that you beat, but I think you should probably fold this. It's close, but I think a decisive fold.

maranello11
04-11-2005, 01:46 PM
Good chance you are up against AK suited. No JJ is making a play like that. Even A3 is not making a play like that. You need to call 340 to win 560 that is already in the pot. It is a question of whether or not you want to gamble. You have to remember UTG+1 was the original raiser. Do you want to gamble?

Fianchetto
04-11-2005, 04:39 PM
..sickening results:

I call, he flips over 53o and I don't improve.

A supposed good player calling a raise with 53o, can this be right? To me it seems to be a horrible play, granted he did get my stack, but oh man I would never have put him on that. One poster mentioned raising more preflop, so I guess I should have charged him more to try that kind of play.

jhall23
04-11-2005, 04:51 PM
With the original Pre-flop raiser left to act after him calling with 53o is not a good move especially since the PFR was pretty short compared to the pot size. UTG+1 could easily decide it's time to make a move with any hand here with the $ already in the pot. If he was closing the action he could make that play with your deep stack.

xorbie
04-11-2005, 06:16 PM
This is a bad play by him, and a bad play by you (that I'm barely learning to stop making as well).

What could he have? Even if he is bluffing a lot here, he could easily have KK/AA/JJ here (especially JJ), and if he puts you on an overpair he knows you are likely to call. He could also have a 3, if he's playing something stupid (which is probably just as likely as a complete bluff).

If you are behind, you're drawing to two outs, and if you're ahead he's probably drawing to 15, and at least 9. Not a great situation for you.