PDA

View Full Version : I don't know my neighbors' names

2planka
04-11-2005, 11:54 AM
The Warden's car got broken into last night. She forgot to set the alarm. Anyway, I was thinking of calling one of my nieghbors to see if they had any trouble. Problem is, I only know him as "Vic." John and his wife Meaghan live next door, and Arthur lives on the other side. Strange, but it never occured to me until now that I don't know their surnames.

Is this unusal? Been living in this house for 9 months.

kerssens
04-11-2005, 11:58 AM
Living in a house that seems a little unusual. I've lived in my apartment for almost a year now and have never even seen my neighbor.

Patrick del Poker Grande
04-11-2005, 11:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The Warden's car got broken into last night. She forgot to set the alarm. Anyway, I was thinking of calling one of my nieghbors to see if they had any trouble. Problem is, I only know him as "Vic." John and his wife Meaghan live next door, and Arthur lives on the other side. Strange, but it never occured to me until now that I don't know their surnames.

Is this unusal? Been living in this house for 9 months.

[/ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what my neighbors' first names even are. I once found a couple pieces of their mail and brought it to them, but I forgot their names instantly. They're retirement-aged people on both sides and I very rarely see them. I know one guy's first name a couple doors down and we wave and say hi and whatnot, but that's it. My wife and I bought this house a year ago this month. I guess we're bad neighbors.

At this point, it's a bit of an akward position to be in. "Hi. I'm your new neighbor - just moved in a year ago. What's your name?" How do you do that?

PokerFink
04-11-2005, 05:40 PM
I live in a dorm and see all my neighbors pretty much every day. I should know their names, considering they are POSTED ON THEIR FREGIN DOORS, but I don't have a clue who any of them are.

So no, it's not that unusual.

jaym
04-11-2005, 06:25 PM
I don't know my neighbors either.

bennyk
04-11-2005, 07:16 PM
i hate my neighbors and their drywall-crumbling-techno-beats-and-loud-shoes-at-4am

if i knew their names, it would not matter, since i call each of them "fuckface"

bk