PDA

View Full Version : Why are there so few books on no-limit hold'em?

FlyingStart
04-11-2005, 11:21 AM
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, and relativly new to hold'em.

So far I have played no-limit, because I thought and felt that this was the game to be played both for money and excitement. I wanted to learn fast, and so I bought some book that were highly recommended. One for beginners, one for more advanced concepts and one covering small stakes hold'em. The titles respectivly: The Complete Book of Hold 'Em Poker by Gary Carson, Hold'em Poker For Advanced Players by David Sklansky & Mason Malmuth, and Small Stakes Hold'em by Ed Miller.

What I have now realized is that none of these books cover no-limit hold'em in more than a general hold'em way, and I'm feeling somewhat annoyed and puzzled..

Why are there so few books on no-limit, when there are som many players playing no-limit?
And is there equally much money to be made in limit hold'em?

A reply from one of the authors would be great, but any other comment or information is nice also

InchoateHand
04-11-2005, 11:22 AM
<font color="white"> not really again </font>

jakethebake
04-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Nice first post. You'll fit right in! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Matty
04-11-2005, 11:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A reply from one of the authors would be great

[/ QUOTE ]Monday is their day off.

mason55
04-11-2005, 11:36 AM
Your thoughts are too coherent and connected.

Please return with a babbling rant about how Party Poker is rigged.

PS: you managed to stumble into the one non-poker forum to post your message. Maybe you will fit in afterall.

lucas9000
04-11-2005, 11:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why are there so few books on no-limit, when there are som many players playing no-limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'll take a stab at this:

1) much of nl is dependent on a wide range of situational factors, even more so than limit imo.

2) it's hard to top books like super system and the reuben and ciaffone book. harrington's book seems to be very very good for tournaments.

deacsoft
04-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Post this in the Books/Publications (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&amp;Board=books) forum for the best replies.