PDA

View Full Version : Why are my aggression #'s so funky? (kinda stat post)

billyjex
04-11-2005, 05:28 AM
After reading alot of stat posts on here, my aggression #'s are just weird. I'm currently a -1.8 loser after 9k hands (yes, I know small sample, but I figure my aggression #'s have converged enough.) I don't want to make this a full on stats post and will wait for more hands for that but what do you guys make of these #'s:

Flop: 3.8
Turn: 2.6
River: 1.4

VPIP 23% PFR 15%

helpmeout
04-11-2005, 06:15 AM
Save some aggression for the turn and river not just the flop.

Dont be so aggressive with weak hands and draws. Also dont fastplay all the time you have to mix it up.

Sometimes you fastplay the flop sometimes you wait for the river to raise, it all depends on the situation.

mperich
04-11-2005, 06:31 AM
Those look fine. A tad but aggro for my tastes but if thats your style thats fine. Ur river aggro will always be lower since you are trying to induce bluffs a fair amount of times, and because your opponents are not raising as light.

-Mike

Huhmare
04-11-2005, 06:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
After reading alot of stat posts on here, my aggression #'s are just weird. I'm currently a -1.8 loser after 9k hands (yes, I know small sample, but I figure my aggression #'s have converged enough.) I don't want to make this a full on stats post and will wait for more hands for that but what do you guys make of these #'s:

Flop: 3.8
Turn: 2.6
River: 1.4

VPIP 23% PFR 15%

[/ QUOTE ]

Your flop aggression looks awful. You obviously bet the flop nearly everytime. People aknownledge it -> chip spewing.

Turn aggression seems good.

What's with the river aggression? In 6max tables it is possible to be aggro in the river also. Less hands -> less draws.

I used to check-call the river with top pair until I realized I was giving money away being so scared. I was practically always scared of draws and better hands. You can check the flop after a PF raise, if you miss. You certainly ain't going to drive the people out betting it every time. Then again when you have a legitimate hand, you should be aggressive. The stupider the opponents the more aggressive. Just try to forget the better hands there MIGHT be.

tolbiny
04-11-2005, 06:54 AM
"Your flop aggression looks awful. You obviously bet the flop nearly everytime. People aknownledge it -> chip spewing."

His flop aggression is higher than mine (mine is 3.33) but i don't see that as a problem in and of itself. IF players are noticing that you bet the flop very frequently (you can post your flop raise, bet, call, cehck and fold %'s and we could see the reasons you stats are this way better) it really is only bad if they are frequently driving you off better hands with flop and turn checkraises and you continue to bet into them with few- 0 outs when you are behind.

billyjex
04-11-2005, 02:24 PM
Thanks for the advice guys.

I understand the need to tone down the flop aggression. I do fastplay everytime and I think I miss out on some EV by not waiting until the turn to raise or check-raise. I also just compared my BB and SB defense stats to other stat posts here and mine are atrocious -- by that I mean I don't defend nearly enough. This concerns me a little because my VPIP is already 23% and defending more will bump it up a little.. maybe by defending more I will be check/calling more flops and this will bring down the #. FYI here are my blind #'s:

Folded SB to steal: 86%
Folded BB to steal: 63%
Fold BB to steal HU: 57%

As for the river, I know I don't value bet enough.. I'm beginning to get better at it though.

aslowjoe
04-11-2005, 06:17 PM
I don't see you BB defense aa aproblem at all. It is very similar to mine and my BB is (.05)
Your flop aggresion is a little bit high but no outrageous, maybe .5 to high.
Your turn aggresion should maybe be a tad higher maybe around 3.
You are correct value bet the river!

Victor
04-11-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Your flop aggression looks awful.

[/ QUOTE ]

no it doesnt. its the same as mine.

[ QUOTE ]
You obviously bet the flop nearly everytime.

[/ QUOTE ]

as he should against 2-3 players and especially if with acehigh or any pair.

[ QUOTE ]
People aknownledge it

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah. good. let them call you on pair draws vs. your high pair or ace.

[ QUOTE ]
What's with the river aggression?

[/ QUOTE ]

his river aggro is fine too. maybe a tad high. you should be checking behind your acehighs on the riv usually. ppl call with any pair if they went that far. sometimes i value bet ak or aq against a fool who calls down with ace high or king high (rare)

[ QUOTE ]
You can check the flop after a PF raise, if you miss.

[/ QUOTE ]

no you should almost always bet unless its a family pot and you have qj or something. against 2-3 ppl you should bet because the do fold enough when you have j10 or q10 or whatever. you should also bet with your pairs or a-highs because its for value

[ QUOTE ]
Then again when you have a legitimate hand, you should be aggressive.

[/ QUOTE ]

at any level higher than 1-2 they will notice if you check behind on the flop with your missed hands and bet only your monsters. fit or fold is bad and egregiously bad at shorthanded.

wowacedude
04-11-2005, 08:08 PM
I got the same problem, this is my numbers (25k hands,5/T):
FA: 4.4 /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif i've been trying to tone it down for a while and it has dropped a bit lately.
TA: 2.6
RA: 1.8

Flop: raise 8.07% bet 36.11% call 9.86% check 24.90% fold 21.05%

VPIP 21 PFR 16.6

Advice appreciated.