PDA

View Full Version : wHeRE aM i?

dark_horse
04-11-2005, 03:23 AM
the turn was checked through. i thought my nines were possibly good. however there were still 3 others in by the river, i guess i should have assumed someone was calling with a weak ace. the results are the point of this post. spellbinding!

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Ah Ks (two pair, aces and sixes).
Hero has 9d 9h (two pair, nines and sixes).
Outcome: BB wins 9 BB. </font>

milesdyson
04-11-2005, 03:28 AM
Thanks for the results. Betting the turn and checking the river is way better than checking the turn and betting the river.

Aaron W.
04-11-2005, 11:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the turn was checked through. i thought my nines were possibly good.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you let the turn get checked through. I don't understand this at all.

k000k
04-11-2005, 12:10 PM
I thought the BB was going for the checkraise on the turn, but that river check is about the weakest thing I've seen in a while.. Definately bet the turn, and if everyone is still in, a river checkthru is fine IMO. 4 players sticking around for your betting on every street, seeing an ace is plenty likely.

cmwck
04-11-2005, 12:18 PM
What was that turn check for? A slowplay? You're worried about somebody having a single ace to beat you, but your hand seems to be strong enough to give 3 players a free card...
doesn't add up.
Bet the turn, bet the river. Edit: or, they're calling down with an ace and I suck at figuring out when to value bet...

dark_horse
04-11-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the turn was checked through. i thought my nines were possibly good.

[/ QUOTE ]

And you let the turn get checked through. I don't understand this at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look at the board on the turn. My nines just didn't seem good at that point. I felt like someone could have been going for a c/r, or at the very least someone had an ace, which someone already pointed out is fairly likely. The board paired sixes. Now there's only one card from the flop that I wanted them to be calling me with. Two of them now beat me. Plus it put a second flushdraw up there. I figured I'm not winning the pot right away with a turn bet, and if someone bets out on the river I'll know I'm most likely beat. That was my thinking. Flawed?

Ringo_Mojo
04-11-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Look at the board on the turn. My nines just didn't seem good at that point. I felt like someone could have been going for a c/r, or at the very least someone had an ace, which someone already pointed out is fairly likely. The board paired sixes. Now there's only one card from the flop that I wanted them to be calling me with. Two of them now beat me. Plus it put a second flushdraw up there. I figured I'm not winning the pot right away with a turn bet, and if someone bets out on the river I'll know I'm most likely beat. That was my thinking. Flawed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I see two flaws.
First, since you have no reads what makes you think somebody is going for a CR? Nobody has shown any agression here.

Second, why are you afraid of a CR in this situation? If you think you're beat, and somebody check-raises you then its an easy fold, it would have cost you the exact same 1BB that you bet on the river, only it would have had the advantage of showing some strength and possibly getting some weak players to fold that A-rag.