PDA

View Full Version : B&M table share tipping question

brick
04-11-2005, 02:52 AM
The jackpot hit. And the poker manager was holding the best hand. The table slowly realized what this meant. It meant that his share - 25% - would become part of the table share.
As a table we agreed to "hook him up". Seems like the decent thing to do.

deacsoft
04-11-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm always in favor of being a generous tipper. I would make sure the dealers were taken care of and I would certainly take extra care of the poker room manager. Where I play the dealers are great (friendly, personable, do good work, etc) and the same can be said of the managers. The difference is that the managers also take care of me. I'm "comped" nearly whatever I'd like whenever I ask for it (something I do not take advantage of) and I appreciate that.

zaxx19
04-12-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm always in favor of being a generous tipper

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya, I remember my first B&M pot...I forgot to tip and a neighbor friendly prompted me to do so as it was obvious I was new to live play...it was a large pot for 2-4 NLH (80 bucks or so) and then threw him a 5....

The whole table laughed.

mosquito
04-12-2005, 01:40 AM
Of course, the manager knew he was not eligible when
he sat down. Any tip he gets is pure gravy. Not that
it is wrong.

Although some rooms prohibit the manager from taking
tokes.....

dogmeat
04-13-2005, 01:24 AM
Too many variables to give you an answer that is very accurate. It depends on the number of dealers, and whether the standard in the room is a split with all of them, or just with the dealer in the box. Also, what is the size of the jackpot? Are you at a club like the Shoot in Auburn, or a little club like the Wall in Tacoma?

Example (from my own experience): 10-handed, table gets 25%, but now 50% because the room manger is playing. Eight players split 50%, so everybody took 5% and the dealer got 5%, and so did the manager (a little later). We probably could have given the dealer and manager less, because the other two winners zooked 'em too.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

juanez
04-13-2005, 03:45 AM
It depends on the number of dealers, and whether the standard in the room is a split with all of them, or just with the dealer in the box.

I have never seen dealers split for a bad beat JP but I have only been in a room where a BB hit and I knew what was happening with tokes a few times...anyone other dealers have to split tokes for a JP?