flop 9s 2s 8h (whee)

bet call

turn Qh

bet call

river 9h

check bet call

Jeff W
04-11-2005, 02:25 AM
Hand 1: I'm not sure about this hand. I don't know if the turn bet is the best line on this board because of the semi-bluff potential. What do you think of a bet, check-call, check-call line? I really want to fold this one somewhere out of position, but it depends how nuts the LAG is.

Hand 2: Fine, especially because so many people bet a naked ace in this spot.

Hand 3: Very easy calldown.

Hand 4: I fold the river.

J.R.
04-11-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hand 4: I fold the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

seriously?

Jeff W
04-11-2005, 02:52 AM
You're right, this call is at least break even. Don't know what I was thinking. The 9 pairing pushes this even further into the call category.

Edit: Btw, keep up the good work. You are one of my favorite posters.

Nate tha' Great
04-11-2005, 03:00 AM
#2 is almost a value bet on that board.

balkii
04-11-2005, 10:58 AM
so everyone pretty much agrees to keep pushing on the turn, and to not fold the river?

it seems correct to me, because 1) most people will chase any two to th river assuming a pair will be good, and 2) doesnt it seem like everytime you check, they bet? they gotta be bluffing some of those times.

i lost each one of these hands. hand 3 the guy didnt actually bet, but i thought i'd include it to see if i should call if he did.

i am going to make an effort in my next session to checkraise the river with my made hands in scenarios like this because sometimes these guys are value betting 22 against me when I play like this. does this happen to anyone else?

aslowjoe
04-11-2005, 11:08 AM
That is something I have often thought about, check raising the river. I might try that experiment myself, let us know how it goes.