PDA

View Full Version : I hate this

NLSoldier
04-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Villian is an unknown.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero's plan is...?

BK_
04-10-2005, 11:39 PM
really super easy bet. he will have a lower queen, pocket pair, or flopped pair much more often than a K/2 pair

if he raises, you can probaby fold vs an unknown

einbert
04-10-2005, 11:44 PM
Don't check.

NLSoldier
04-10-2005, 11:47 PM
OK Apparently I needed to clarify.

Do you think its a bet/call or bet fold. I didn't mean to leave checking as an option.

Trix
04-10-2005, 11:50 PM
bet-call.

mperich
04-10-2005, 11:50 PM
Bet fold against a normal player.

-Mike

DrGutshot
04-11-2005, 12:10 AM
maybe i'm too used to 10/20, but this is a bet/call for me.

-DrG

einbert
04-11-2005, 12:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]

At 10/20 I believe this is a bet/call, but at 5/10 I would fold to a raise from an unknown.

BK_
04-11-2005, 12:34 AM
at 5/10 i think bet fold and bet call are decently close. its probably better EV wise to bet/fold vs a complete unknown, but i may bet/call to see his cards.

at 10/20 its an easy bet/call.

NLSoldier
04-11-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-DrG

[/ QUOTE ]

At 10/20 I believe this is a bet/call, but at 5/10 I would fold to a raise from an unknown.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I was thinking as well. 5/10 players are a lot less prone to making pure bluffs, and other than a pure bluff with a flush draw or maybe a 2, what other hand can he have here that I am beating? I would expect him to either bet or CR either the flop or the turn with a Q, probably call down with a 2, and fold everything else. With this board and action I think he has a seven a very high percentage of the time which makes it a pretty easy bet fold against an unknown.

stinkypete
04-11-2005, 12:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree.

BigBaitsim (milo)
04-11-2005, 12:40 AM
Bet-call.

NLSoldier
04-11-2005, 01:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands are you guys that are saying bet call putting him on that you can beat?

Trix
04-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Diamonds or stupid bluff.

I´ve started to showdown more and I get surprised quite often.

NLSoldier
04-11-2005, 03:36 AM
But arent you playing 10/20, because at 10/20 i totally agree.

Michael Davis
04-11-2005, 03:44 AM
I don't exactly see what's so easy about this river bet if I'm bet-calling. Seems to me like our opponent has a complete bust or a seven a significant percentage of the time.

-Michael

NLSoldier
04-11-2005, 04:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't exactly see what's so easy about this river bet if I'm bet-calling. Seems to me like our opponent has a complete bust or a seven a significant percentage of the time.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I like checking better than bet-calling, but bet folding is probably slightly better than both, although I really do think a pretty strong case can be made for checking depending how much of an idiot the opponent is.

Huhmare
04-11-2005, 06:50 AM
UTG limps. Then he calls to the river with that board.. I'd say a flushdraw or weak Q. Bet-Call.

tolbiny
04-11-2005, 06:56 AM
I perfer checking to bet/fold. the river is not the place to make big laydowns.

Bluffoon
04-11-2005, 06:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Villian is an unknown.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero's plan is...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet call without a read. I think it is close and I would rather have my opponents raising me for value. Once they read me as a caller I would fold to a raise in this situation but not always.

tolbiny
04-11-2005, 07:00 AM
"I would expect him to either bet or CR either the flop or the turn with a Q, probably call down with a 2, and fold everything else"

If you believethsi to be true, why would you value bet? You figure he doesn't have a Q- so no payoff- if he has a 2- maybe payoff (the K might scare him into folding suddenly) if he has a flush draw- no payoff- if he has a flush draw and hit his king-you loose, if he has a 7 you loose. So he has to have quitea few combininations of A high/ PP that he will play this way/ pay you off with on your bet to get this back to even, not to mention that if he does decide to c/r bluff you and you are folding it destroys your value bet.

tolbiny
04-11-2005, 07:03 AM
And you are discounting the possibility of a 7 because? And a flush draw with a K in it because? The busted flush draws hurt you here since he will nto call another river bet with them (unles he has Axd and is a super duper donk)

NLSoldier
04-11-2005, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"I would expect him to either bet or CR either the flop or the turn with a Q, probably call down with a 2, and fold everything else"

If you believethsi to be true, why would you value bet? You figure he doesn't have a Q- so no payoff- if he has a 2- maybe payoff (the K might scare him into folding suddenly) if he has a flush draw- no payoff- if he has a flush draw and hit his king-you loose, if he has a 7 you loose. So he has to have quitea few combininations of A high/ PP that he will play this way/ pay you off with on your bet to get this back to even, not to mention that if he does decide to c/r bluff you and you are folding it destroys your value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I am saying.....which is why I hate bet/call. I still think its close between bet/fold and check, but the amount of times that 5/10 idiots payoff with A high or any PP seems to make it a bet. Against a somewhat resonable opponent I think its a check because I dont think anyone good is paying off with anything less than a Q, and like I said we probably would have heard from a Q on the flop.