PDA

View Full Version : How to approach a wild game?

10-28-2002, 08:51 PM
My friend told me about a game where every single player is a true gambler they all try to draw out almost everytime. If they have an ace in their hand they will call all the way trying to catch another on the river. They throw their money around like it does not matter. They bet poker like a dice game. They play pot limit holdem most of the time.
I plan on getting in the game and just playing quality cards and letting them bet for me when I have a big hand. I feel this should be profitable. Anyone disagree with this. This game sounds like an easy one to win at. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks

Greg (FossilMan)
10-28-2002, 11:58 PM
It will be very easy to have a big edge in this game. However, you must be prepared to experience some very huge swings. Like, 1000x the big blind every night. Or more.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Eric P
10-31-2002, 02:50 AM
I have a lot of experience in these games. It is easy to have a big edge. But you have to have the bankroll for it. 1000x the big blind is probably a little high, but i could see it. You will have your aces cracked more than ever, and your nuts will be drawn out on several times. It's very extremely frustrating, so one of the main points is DO NOT GO ON TILT. I would tell you another thing: preflop edges are not as important, they almost hardly matter, i'm not saying play every hand, but you really have to push your BIG edges very hard, as you will probably get called on on the flop and turn. If you push the small ones too hard you will (obviuosly) get called and if your oppenents have a lucky night (which they will very often, since there are more of them than you) you will often lose a lot of your chips. just make sure that you always have a big stack so you can take full advantage of their stupidity whenever you get the chance.

11-01-2002, 08:08 PM
you should see every flop & probably every turn