PDA

View Full Version : Pokertracker a must for a SNGs player?

MisterBlonde
04-10-2005, 10:29 PM
I currently track my results in a spreadsheet and am wondering whether i'm missing valuable information about my play or opponents by not using PT.
Is it worth the $55?
Does it have something like a HH viewer?(the party HH mails are somewhat uncomfortable to read)

lorinda
04-10-2005, 10:31 PM
It's a must for a ring game player.

For the SNGer I think it just rates as useful.

Lori

AA suited
04-10-2005, 10:38 PM
i only use it for rake info, and itm/roi.

since i got pt 1st, i havent bothered learning the spreadsheet.

is the spreadsheet more useful than pt?

Newt_Buggs
04-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Does it ever help with reads against a player while in a hand against them?

Publos Nemesis
04-10-2005, 11:10 PM
Poker tracker is useful for SnGs, but it may not be worth the $55. It will play back hands in a much nicer way (lame animation, but at least you see a poker table). You can use it to get live stats on people by using the game time features. This can be useful. Unfortunately if you play multitable SnGs (as I do) you have mannually enter the info into poker tracker. It records the hand from multis, your place, and your winnings but not the buy-in, # of players, or fee. Thus, I use spreadsheets to maintain info on multis. I would recommend buying Poker Tracker because it is a one time cost, and if you ever switch to cash games it is very profitable. That being said, you can probably get other progs to read hand histories and spreadsheets work nicely, if not as completely as PT.

dfscott
04-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Since I came from a limit background, I can't imagine online poker without PT. The main thing I use it for is importing hand histories so I can use PlayerView to display my opponents' tendencies during play. I also agree with the other poster that said the hand replay feature is nice. (I've also been trying to convince eastbay to integrate it into his SNG Power tools.)

Personally, I use the AM spreadsheet for tracking, but lots of people like SNG Tracker, so I think it's just a matter of personal preference.

lehighguy
04-10-2005, 11:34 PM
If your multitabling it is absolutely essential to have PT and Playerview.

When the blinds get high and your in SB and you notice BB has a VPIP of 10% it's nice to know you can push with any two.

spentrent
04-11-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

When the blinds get high and your in SB and you notice BB has a VPIP of 10% it's nice to know you can push with any two.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW this is the question I wanted answered without knowing it!

Does this work LIVE with the tournament you're playing? Meaning, will PV and PT work together to show me that PlayerX has played seen x% flops in this game, etc?

1C5
04-11-2005, 12:03 AM
Yes!! it does work live in the game. I just started using it and have it get info every minute so new stats are loaded as the games are played every minute. I can spot the fish who play 75% of their hands within a couple minutes. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

BradleyT
04-11-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this work LIVE with the tournament you're playing? Meaning, will PV and PT work together to show me that PlayerX has played seen x% flops in this game, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's a cumulative total. So if you've played against them before, PV will show all PT stats from all previous tourneys. Pretty inaccurate if you've made it to the bubble with them a few times.

hummusx
04-11-2005, 01:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No it's a cumulative total. So if you've played against them before, PV will show all PT stats from all previous tourneys. Pretty inaccurate if you've made it to the bubble with them a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can set the filter to only show certain blinds, certain dates, etc, if this is causing problems. I don't know how I'd use it while 4-tabling most of the time. I did use it today when 2 of the games were done and the other two were on the bubble. I pulled up the tournament time window, typed in the names of all the people left on both tables, and then sorted by PF raise %. Next time the guy with 24% raised and I had semi-decent cards, I called him down and bumped him out. Individual results may vary.

On a side note, I think the web replayer thing is much better than the replayer in PT. At least, I like it much better because it looks exactly like Party. It feels much more natural to watch games play back in the environment I'm used to. This might diminish if I spent more time using the replayer in PT, and it is nice if I'm just looking at specific hands (ie every time I was dealt AT) versus replaying a tournament.

spentrent
04-11-2005, 02:31 AM
Does PlayerView have hooks such that I can overlay my own stuff on the tables, such as the output from my own custom software?

I have some simple requirements that would only require parsing hand histories and doing minimal calculations on the dataset.

ReDeYES88
04-11-2005, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Unfortunately if you play multitable SnGs (as I do) you have mannually enter the info into poker tracker. It records the hand from multis, your place, and your winnings but not the buy-in, # of players, or fee.

[/ QUOTE ]

check out the file pull-down window about halfway down > manual entry.

you can add all of this info into PT

1C5
04-11-2005, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does PlayerView have hooks such that I can overlay my own stuff on the tables, such as the output from my own custom software?

I have some simple requirements that would only require parsing hand histories and doing minimal calculations on the dataset.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, what calculations do you have on the tables from your own software?

1C5
04-11-2005, 08:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That is true, it has not been a problem for me yet as I just moved up in levels but I will have to set a filter as I see the same people more and more.

hummusx
04-11-2005, 08:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It's in it's own window. That's why I'm thinking that trying to use it while 4-tabling would be hard. You'd need another monitor just for your 4 tournament windows.

AA suited
04-11-2005, 09:29 AM
can you can use playerview to filter blinds >50/100? (ie: 50/100, 100/200, 150/300, etc)

or only at 1 specific blind lvl?

hummusx
04-11-2005, 11:41 AM
Erg, I completely read this wrong. Somehow I missed the PlayerView part. I haven't used it much yet, so I can't really comment on it - but the whole 'separate window' thing is obviously wrong since the whole point of PlayerView is to overlay the data.