PDA

View Full Version : New Nevada Law For Those Who Visit A Lot

HDPM
10-28-2002, 07:45 PM
People from outside of Nevada can now get concealed weapons permits in Nevada. I heard it was going to happen, but didn't check until now. Went into effect July 1. Hard part is you have to take a class in Nevada then go apply. I don't know how hard the classes are to find or how much time they take. I'll leave it to any of youse to call your friendly Nevada sheriff's office and get an application. So it's not as good as my state that lets anybody with a CCW from anywhere else pack, but it is a slight restoration of our natural rights. /forums/images/icons/grin.gif I'll make a reservation at Front Sight for Andy Fox and I. That's the place that gives you a free one-day submachine gun class if you take a tour of the property. It is a subdivision where all the gun nuts live between Pahrump and LV. They teach pistol, rifle, shotgun, and submachine gun, and are trying to put in a planned community. I bet they offer a class that meets the requirements. I don't quite understand the attraction of living near the 1000 yard rifle range, but I'm sure Andy will want a lot there to build his dream house. I almost checked it out in April, but it seemed too intense/bizarre even for me. Anyway, bad thing about the law is you have to specifically list the weapons you will carry on the permit. Thus, it is backdoor registration and you can't just pack a new weapon if you get one. Still a big improvement though, it's not like you have to list all of your pistols now, is it? I don't know if I'll do it, but it's good to have the choice. Maybe z will even go there more with this new rule. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Jimbo
10-28-2002, 07:55 PM
HDPM,

Are you saying Nevada has no reciprocal agreement with other states who issue concealed weapons permits? If so then, OOPS!!

Jimbo

HDPM
10-28-2002, 08:05 PM
Yes, that's right, no reciprocity. Take the fifth here Jimbo. Anything you say can be used against you... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

Ray Zee
10-28-2002, 09:44 PM
which ones do and which are coming on line.

HDPM
10-28-2002, 11:34 PM
I don't know them all. Idaho has total reciprocity. Utah has some. MT has it I think. Wyoming has some. Arizona, Colorado, Oregon, California, and Washington don't. Wash. lets non-residents get a permit. I don't know about others because I usually don't care enough to check it out because of the hassle of carrying while traveling leads me to not do it even if I could, and some places I know are totally off-limits. A Florida permit lets you carry in a whole bunch of states, and you can get one as a non-resident. Some states may not let you use a non-res permit to get reciprocity. There's a website called "packing.org" I think that has some lists. But these lists are not always accurate and can be misleading, so you really have to check out any jurisdiction you intend to carry in.

HDPM
10-29-2002, 05:36 PM
Az has some reciprocity, but I don't know which states. Out of state residents can get a permit too I think.