PDA

View Full Version : If you love Metallica...

Rushmore
04-10-2005, 08:00 PM
...don't see Some Kind of Monster.

Because between the Dr. Phil moments and the unbearable prima donna routines, you'll never want to hear ANY Metallica again, ever.

And that includes Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lightning, if you can believe that.

The only person in the whole thing who comes off lamer than Hetfield or Ulrich is Dave Mustaine.

But how surprised would you be if Mike Matusow came off bad in a room with Phil Hellmuth and Josh Arieh? It's sort of like the same sort of thing.

What was I saying?

thirddan
04-10-2005, 08:02 PM
i didn't watch it...

old metallica = good
metallica after/during black album = bad

lucas9000
04-10-2005, 08:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
old metallica = good

[/ QUOTE ]

that pretty much sums it up. the movie just elaborates on how incredibly lame they have become.

after it was over i immediately listened to every song minor threat ever recorded.

note: every song minor threat ever recorded fits on one cd /images/graemlins/cool.gif

RunDownHouse
04-10-2005, 08:45 PM
I completely agree. While I was watching that, all I could think was, "These guys are all. Huge. Douchebags." Hetfield the 40-year old baby. Lars the consumate touchy-feely, passive-aggressive closet case. Hammet, although whiny and of the "can't we all just get along?" variety, barely made tolerable.

And how pathetic was it that Mustaine is still living in 1982, literally? When he said that every day he wishes he could go back to that one particular day, and that ever since he's felt like a huge failure, I was astounded.

istewart
04-10-2005, 08:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i didn't watch it...

old metallica = good

[/ QUOTE ]

The Black Album is a pretty decent album, dude. Agreed on after, though.

Rushmore
04-10-2005, 08:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
after it was over i immediately listened to every song minor threat ever recorded.

note: every song minor threat ever recorded fits on one cd

[/ QUOTE ]

Great. And if you get rid of all of the songs on Out of Step, they'll fit on half a CD, and you'll still have everything that matters AND half a CD left to record the Faith half of the Faith/Void album.

thirddan
04-10-2005, 08:56 PM
"The Black Album is a pretty decent album"

yeah, that why i put the "after/during" - it seems people can't agree on whether it was good or not, i think it was just ok...and justice for all is awesome though...

istewart
04-10-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and justice for all is awesome though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah.

bugstud
04-10-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
and justice for all is awesome though...

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

be nice if there was a bassline in there somewhere though.

lucas9000
04-10-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The Black Album is a pretty decent album, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

just to clarify my post, i disagree. i think the black album was the beginning of the end.

sam h
04-10-2005, 09:14 PM
I really liked the movie but I know what you're saying.

Mustaine really did come off like the supreme pussy with his whiny "You guys don't know how hard it was to be me" routine.

blindu
04-11-2005, 12:26 AM
yet to see the movie

all i know is that metallica started degressing after the black albumn. remember Load? the short hair and all? 2'nd worst albumn put out by them. the worst though, that honor goes to St. Anger. if hetfield, ulrich and co. thought that fighting napster drove away fans...they had no idea what St. Anger would do to them.

still though, the early albumns are amazing.