PDA

View Full Version : hotel recommendations for WSOP?

Erdnase
04-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Hi all,

I am looking for a cheap/semi-cheap hotel/motel walking distance from the Rio. Any recommendations? Mainly, I am looking for some names of hotels/motels close to the Rio. It's such a hassle looking for the darn addresses on a vegas city map...

Thanks, Erd.

Dynasty
04-10-2005, 08:38 PM
I reccomend reading the responses in your other thread in the B&M forum.

Or, the one in the WPT forum.

Or, any other duplicate threads I haven't noticed.

Erdnase
04-10-2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks. I am working through those. You know, if you ever come to Germany, I'll be happy to help you out. I do mean that.

Even if you use multiple threads to get some fast responses. At least I did not pollute strategy forums. And the subject line was quite clear as well.

Maybe we can meet up in Vegas for a beer, I'd like that.

Greets, Erd.

vanirra rice
04-10-2005, 10:20 PM
Ooooh, look at me, I'm Dynasty. I've never kissed a girl in my life, but I've lived in Las Vegas for over three years. I rule!

grey poupon dude
04-11-2005, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ooooh, look at me, I'm Dynasty and I can't afford a car. I've never kissed a girl in my life, but I've lived in Las Vegas for over three years. I rule!

[/ QUOTE ]

POTD!

dogmeat
04-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Go to: www.i4vegas.com (http://www.i4vegas.com) and they have a listing of all the hotels, with seasonal prices. I downloaded a map of the hotels along the strip from this site also, should help. If you rent a car, stay off the strip - places like Boulder Station, Fiesta etc. are cheap. Close to the strip the Orleans and the Gold Coast are reasonable, and you can take the shuttle free from the Orleans to their hotel the Gold Coast, which is a 5 minute walk from the Rio.

Make sure you stay in Vegas, not Boulder City, or Henderson, or Jean -

Hope to see you there!

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Erdnase
04-11-2005, 07:07 PM
Hi all,

thanks so much for all the tips. It does help a lot, especially cause I am trying to plan this from Germany. And just when I thought I have it figured out (was at the WSOP last year) the move the whole thing to a part of town where I've never been! Talk about a bad beat !

I found a place now, though. I am staying at the Extendedstay Valley View, an appartement hotel kind of thing, for the whole 6 weeks I am there. Just walking distance from the Rio, I was assured.

Thanks again for all the tips. I am looking forward to seeing many 2+2ers there...

Regards, Erd.

Nick-Zack
04-11-2005, 09:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am staying at the Extendedstay Valley View, an appartement hotel kind of thing, for the whole 6 weeks I am there. Just walking distance from the Rio, I was assured.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this is going to be quite a walk. I remember the first time I went to Vegas. I stayed a Circus Circus and walked to the Bellagio. It sure looked like it was close when I started walking.

Turning Stone Pro
04-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Don't feel obligated to suck up to Dynasty after his nasty response. Just tell him to go to hell. Last time I checked, it's a free country: you had a legitimate question, and have every right to post on a couple different forums.

TSP

Fat Bottomed Girls
04-12-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ooooh, look at me, I'm Dynasty. I've never kissed a girl in my life, but I've lived in Las Vegas for over three years. I rule!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Dynasty is such a nerd.

Steve Giufre
04-12-2005, 02:59 AM
I second that. Vegas grinders as a rule, are miserable dicks. The guy hasnt posted anything useful in a year and he comes back to police the news views and gossip forum. Sorry if I offended any nice Veags grinders.

Nightwish
04-12-2005, 04:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am staying at the Extendedstay Valley View, an appartement hotel kind of thing, for the whole 6 weeks I am there. Just walking distance from the Rio, I was assured.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that this is going to be quite a walk. I remember the first time I went to Vegas. I stayed a Circus Circus and walked to the Bellagio. It sure looked like it was close when I started walking.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, it really is a short walk, 10 minutes at most.

SinCityGuy
04-12-2005, 04:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if I offended any nice Veags grinders.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Nice Vegas grinders". That's an oxymoron, kind of like "axemurderer babysitter".