PDA

View Full Version : QTs Button

polley
04-10-2005, 06:48 PM
I've recently began playing micro-limit games online. Before I mostly played Sit-n-go's and MTT NL. This forum has been very useful to me in improving my game since I began playing much more of 1/2. I still need a lot of work though.
This hand was on FullTilt, which I can't get a hand-history from so I am going to have to type it myself. It was 1/2 9-handed. I've been playing at the table for over an hour, seen about 60 hands. 4 to 5 people were in preflop per hand. Lots of people fold to early raises but most call button or CO raises if they are already in.

The SB has been playing the whole time I've been at the table and only bet/raised with great or nut hand. He called in the SB every unraised hand, so preflop I had no read.

Anyways, the hand:
Hero: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gifT /images/graemlins/spade.gif on the button

Preflop: two MP callers, Hero calls, SB calls BB checks.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
Checked around to Hero, Hero bets, SB calls, BB folds, MP+1 calls, MP+2 folds.

Turn: 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif
SB bets, MP+1 folds, I...?

I was 90 percent sure he had J9 and not KJ or trips. The other 10 percent was he had A8, Q8 or 10 8. From playing with him the last sixty or so hands I know he would have bet the flop (and not even have hoped for a check raise)if he had trips or the nut straight. Being 90 percent on J9 is it still correct to call or raise with the pot size and one card to come?

Better yet, was my preflop limp ok? Should I have raised or folded? All help is useful.
I'm really lost on this hand so any help would be great. I hope this post is readable and understandable.

--CoconutCreek

MrWookie47
04-10-2005, 07:00 PM
I would have raised preflop, especially on the button with limpers before you. I also would have been inclined to raise the turn. Sixty hands still seems slim to consider folding here. If he makes it three bets, you'll probably have odds to call to a full house, and that's still assuming you're behind. If you're still so convinced that you're behind, I'd still be inclined to call down.

Malachii
04-10-2005, 11:40 PM
Hey coconut...

I think I'd raise QTs on the button because A) It's probably for value and B) You can pickup the pot if rags flop.

On the turn, you're getting 5:1 immediate odds and 3:1 effective odds, if my math is correct. You're drawing at 4 outs if behind. Given your read of the SBs play, I'd let it go.