PDA

View Full Version : Help Me win a Madden 05 Bet

ScottyP431
04-10-2005, 04:43 PM
Ok, my friend is good at madden, like real good. Here are the terms of the bet

-I can pick whatever teams i want for both of us, as long as they are regular NFL teams
-No onside kicks
-Play on all madden

So far i have been playing Patriots (me) vs the Giants as the main matchup, though we have run the bet several times, and i have yet to win.

Here is what he likes to do on offense
-Run to the outside out of i-form, allot
-play action deep throw out of i-form
-singleback slant routes mixed in with draws

on defense
-4-3 or dime, with lots of blitzing.

Problems i have been having
-interceptions- we throw roughly the same amount of passes that hit off the hands of the DB, but he seems to intercept it way more. Am i better of letting the computer try and catch it or trying to quickly take control of that guy and hit y?
-the outside run- earlier today i basically tried every defense the patriots have and could not stop it very consistently, or when i did stop it it opened me up to lots of other ****
-Running on offense- i jsut cant get the game going. Even when hes in the dime, he cheats in his safetys or corners and i just get drilled at the line.

Suggestions on what team i should make him be?

I have NO QUALMS, REPEAT, NO QUALMS about using the cheapest possible strategy to beat him, even if that means resorting to the eagles.. please help!

Vince Young
04-10-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have NO QUALMS, REPEAT, NO QUALMS about using the cheapest possible strategy to beat him, even if that means resorting to the eagles.. please help!

[/ QUOTE ]
Vick.

Give him a team with a shitty run defense.

ScottyP431
04-10-2005, 05:24 PM
The problem with this strat seems to be he can just pick one of those DE contain plays, and on all madden the dudes are fast enough to catch vick. also- falcons defense= stinkeroo

tbach24
04-10-2005, 05:30 PM
It would be a crime to not use Baltimore. They are easily the best team in the game to use against this type of strategy. Learn how to run effectively and fast. It amazes me how people suck at running. As for his team, just give him Cleveland or something like that.

Your game plan should be as followed:

A mixture of runs with JamLew and passes to Heap over the middle or quick outs to Heap. Don't get fancy, control the clock and make sure you get the first downs. DO NOT throw into danger. Just get outside the pocket and throw it away.

TomHimself
04-10-2005, 05:30 PM
i will destroy u with the falcons. just do a post corner route they alaways work and if he goes in cover 3 run it

tbach24
04-10-2005, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Vick.

Give him a team with a shitty run defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beating the Falcons is only harder than beating the Colts. And neither are hard. Honestly, when someone picks a 1-dimensional team I can easily destroy them. The Eagles would be a better option, but the Vikings are the best for black QBs as they do have Randy. A smart person can beat the Vikings though, as all you have to do is double cover Moss and make sure to have a safety to cover Culpepper.

ScottyP431
04-10-2005, 05:34 PM
I actually played that exact matchup one game( i have lost like 25 games in a row.. hence the desperate plea). the browns have 2 or 3 recievers who are 96 or above speed and my secondary just couldnt keep up. I threw allot of dropped balls with baltimore, maybe i was just throwing bad passes. Im gonna go try this out v the computer though, thanks

tbach24
04-10-2005, 05:37 PM
Simulation vs. the computers won't help that much. You should be able to cover his recievers, the thing is always have Reed as your guy of choice and lurk in the part of the field you think he'll go to. This is key.

TomHimself
04-10-2005, 05:39 PM
tbach, when u want to play me? i will eat u up with the falcons /images/graemlins/wink.gif

tbach24
04-10-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
tbach, when u want to play me? i will eat u up with the falcons /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I had PS2 and Live or w/e it's called but unfortunately I got GCube because I prefer the graphics and controllers. So I won't be able to pummel you /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ScottyP431
04-10-2005, 05:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Simulation vs. the computers won't help that much. You should be able to cover his recievers, the thing is always have Reed as your guy of choice and lurk in the part of the field you think he'll go to. This is key.

[/ QUOTE ]

so should i just run like practice mode to get better?

tbach24
04-10-2005, 05:47 PM
I guess simulation is better than not playing, but it pisses the [censored] off out of me because I hate low-scoring games (I usually end up winning like 10-7 or something stupid like that). It won't really prepare you, except maybe with your offensive gameplan. Practice mode JUST practicing running would be good. Also, doing training camp to practice your jukes is good. Jukes are wicked important.

Dan Rutter
04-10-2005, 05:51 PM
I agree with one of the posters the Ravens could be a good team for you. Are you good at scrambling with a QB, the defense is often fast enough to catch up with Vick, or McNabb, but the scrambling QB is still probably the most powerful weapon in the game if your good at using him. The Seahawks can be good using Wallace as QB for scrambling. Their offense is pretty good in the game overall. Try using your TEs, and RBs a lot in the passing game.

You should be able to catch more passes if you control the reciever, but you have to practice to get used to it. If he is running outside pay attention to which way he seems to run. Does he always run to the strong (or wide) side of the field, or does he choose at random? If he seems to consistantly choose the strong side slant defenders there, but play the weak side saftey back a bit in case he breaks one.

You want good clock management skills, but if he is that good, you cannot be too consistent.

When he is cheating his corners and safteys up look for the best match-ups choose the best hot-routes, someone will be open, Play Action should work. Take your time when your on the line, and see who will more likely be open. The Corners being off a step or two can make a huge difference.

ScottyP431
04-10-2005, 06:07 PM
I read on another forum there are unstoppable blitzes in madden, does anyone know what those are for the eagles or ravens?