PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Number of SNGs at Once

prepotency
04-10-2005, 04:16 PM
If you're just starting out playing low buy in SNGs on Party - How many tables do you play at once?

wuwei
04-10-2005, 04:22 PM
I don't know that a poll is going to be that informative here. This should be pretty easy.

If you're just starting out playing SNGs, play 1 at a time. You should be comfortable with that pretty quick... when you are, add a second one to the mix.

There's no reason to start out a big multitabler, unless you want to stagnate your learning.

One qualification: If you come into SNGs as an experienced multi-tabler from other games, then it may make sense to start off with at least two.

Freudian
04-10-2005, 04:26 PM
Three or four. When I play three the last quarter of the screen is occupied by my tv-card or a movie.

prepotency
04-10-2005, 04:28 PM
Well I agree with you but I didn't mean just starting out at SNGs I meant just starting to play more seriously.

Patriarch
04-10-2005, 04:59 PM
Maybe it should be 10+, or have more options. Some people 12-table, at least.

valenzuela
04-10-2005, 05:02 PM
I one-table,two-table and three-table, I prefer two tabling.

apd138
04-10-2005, 05:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I agree with you but I didn't mean just starting out at SNGs I meant just starting to play more seriously.

[/ QUOTE ] Your OP is far from clear on this.

Daliman
04-10-2005, 05:32 PM
I think most people that play more than 8 at a time, would be better served not playing more than 8, as they miss MANY profitable opportunities and make many more mistakes playing more than 8.

I recently started playing 8 and am having difficulty always keeping up with stack sizes and who is in the hand. About the only player who I'm pretty sure plays more than 8 tables consistently without many telltale multitabling mistakes is ZJ, and he does still make a fair amount that i KNOW he wouldn't if he were playing less tables.

uppopsthedevil
04-10-2005, 06:07 PM
wow, 8!?? not being smarta** or anything how do you do that? do you use more of a mechanical approach, instead of watching what others at the table are doing? ive played 2 at a time (have just your basic computer) and i felt i was missing info at the other table. im probably wrong though. thanks.

raptor517
04-10-2005, 06:11 PM
maybe yer just not very good at it. 8 is easy as pie, and 12 isnt so bad either. /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

raptor517
04-10-2005, 06:18 PM
you need a selection for 12. i cant vote in this poll, im very upset. holla

Voltron87
04-10-2005, 06:21 PM
Do you have any numbers for 8 tabling and 12 tabling? Or are you just guessing and hoping that you have no dropoff after 8?

Costanza
04-10-2005, 06:22 PM
They can do it because they're a lot better at playing them than we are.

There's a big difference between someone like me (and I assume you) who might get in 150 in a month and someone who plays 300 a week. I imagine it's just like anything else -- the decisions get easier to make after you've been in the same situation 1000's of times.

That being said, I think everyone who multi-tables agrees they would have higher ITM/ROI numbers if they only played 1 table at a time. However, the drop in ROI is more than made up for the increase in hourly rate that comes from playing multiple tables.

uppopsthedevil
04-10-2005, 06:23 PM
your right, im just a, how does poker prophesy put it "slighly above average", player. and, no excuses with my age, family and job i'll probably never will be. but my question being with that many games going on, is it more a mechanical approach (albeit a winning mechanical approach), with that many decisions having to be made in a few seconds. with this hand, this amount of chips, from this position, " raise, call, fold". like i said not being a smarta** and not arguing with anyones success. just a discussion. holla to you too.

raptor517
04-10-2005, 06:29 PM
yea for the most part it is pretty mechanical. you make decisions based upon stack sizes and position in relation to the blinds. thats all that really matters. early game is easy, as you fold just about everything. yes, you do miss a few things 12 tabling that you obviously wouldnt 1 tabling, but it is definitely worth it. holla

raptor517
04-10-2005, 06:34 PM
well, i have only gotten in around 300 12 tabling, and my numbers are very similar so far. my internet has been real screwy the last two days, so i probably wont get to play a whole lot. however, in about 2 weeks i will have some useful numbers and ill post em. i dont think making the jump from 8 to 12 is anywhere near as difficult as making the jump from 4 to 8. its really not that bad. a little bit overwhealming at first, but not bad. holla

Mr_J
04-10-2005, 08:18 PM
"If you're just starting out playing low buy in SNGs on Party - How many tables do you play at once?"

You play low buyins?? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

stupidsucker
04-10-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're just starting out playing low buy in SNGs on Party - How many tables do you play at once?

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I missing somethhing? or are several people missing key elements of the question?

If you are "just starting out" the answer is an emphatic ONE table. There is no argument, there is no 12 tabling, there is no 4 tabling.

Learn how to crawl before flying a jetplane please.

I recomend moving to 2 tables as soon as you get the jist of it.(if you are looking to learn multi-tabling)

krypto
04-10-2005, 10:07 PM
My bigest problem with multi sngs is when it gets near heads up play then I have to spend more time with each hand and I seem to stall the other games.... any advice out there?

Thanks

raptor517
04-10-2005, 10:23 PM
best advice i can give is dont play the 2 table sngs. they are a waste of time. work on yer game at the 1 tables. holla

J-Lo
04-10-2005, 11:19 PM
i dont' think he was talkin bout mulittable sng. he was talkin about multi (as in more than 1 SNG at a time) SNGs. And who cares if u stall, they give u a timebank for a reason, use it.

1C5
04-10-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My bigest problem with multi sngs is when it gets near heads up play then I have to spend more time with each hand and I seem to stall the other games.... any advice out there?

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Just push everything. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

raptor517
04-10-2005, 11:49 PM
yea im tired and im an idiot. advice for that is just push every hand /images/graemlins/wink.gif holla

Maulik
04-10-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

You shouldn't have too hard of a time doing this after you've gotten a handful shorthanded. Eventually it will become second-nature; I promise.

GtrHtr
04-11-2005, 12:51 PM
One.