PDA

View Full Version : Cubs games on TV.....

Cubswin
04-10-2005, 02:59 PM
... are painful to listen to now that chip and stoney are gone. I really wish i could get a WGN radio feed so i can listen to Santo. This is not the Cubs TV i loved to race home from school to watch the last few innings as a kid. You effed up Tribune.

cubs

Vince Young
04-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Agreed. Why did Chip go to Atlanta?

zaxx19
04-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Once in a lifetime opportunity to work with his pappa./ /images/graemlins/confused.gif

jason_t
04-10-2005, 03:28 PM
You can get a WGN radio feed here (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/audio/gda/index.jsp).

KDawgCometh
04-10-2005, 03:29 PM
learn to be a white sox fan, then you'll get Hawk Harrellson and Ed Farmer, plus a real team that isn't a bunch of yuppie drunks /images/graemlins/grin.gif

zaxx19
04-10-2005, 03:31 PM
put it on the board yes.....

Hmm, yuppies versus white trash and ghetto location
(ie the Sox)....

Hmmm Hmmm

Cubswin
04-10-2005, 03:35 PM
Things got really ugly at the end of last season when they started skidding. I kinda tuned out the Cubs late last year out of frustration but from what I understand Stoney made some comments that the Cubs were underachieving which management did not like. I think Chip stood by Stone's comments or just stood by his good friend and there was some resentment. The Cubs were going to let Stoney go after 30 years with the organization but agreed to let him stay. A week later Stoney decided to burn the bridge and leave the organization. While all of this was going on Chip was offered a contract by the Braves and the Cubs refused to match it. Im sure im getting a lot of the details wrong but it went down something like that....

cubs

Cubswin
04-10-2005, 03:36 PM
Almost forgot about these radio feeds... thanks.

KDawgCometh
04-10-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
put it on the board yes.....

Hmm, yuppies versus white trash and ghetto location
(ie the Sox)....

Hmmm Hmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a northie sox fan, very rare and proud of it. Now if the bears can get Mike Williams in the draft I'd be extremely happy

Cubswin
04-10-2005, 03:39 PM
learn to be a white sox fan, then you'll get Hawk Harrellson and Ed Farmer

id rather be celibate for the rest of my life

plus a real team that isn't a bunch of yuppie drunks

i didnt realize there was a drinking problem within the cubs organization /images/graemlins/confused.gif

KDawgCometh
04-10-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
learn to be a white sox fan, then you'll get Hawk Harrellson and Ed Farmer

id rather be celibate for the rest of my life

plus a real team that isn't a bunch of yuppie drunks

i didnt realize there was a drinking problem within the cubs organization /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

one phrase and one phrase only: Hey he's got slanty eyes. RIP Harry you funny lush you. He announced for the sox too, in fact he did Disco Demolition night

jason_t
04-10-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Almost forgot about these radio feeds... thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're awesome. Now listen to the first few innings of each Dodgers game to hear Vin Scully.