PDA

View Full Version : Insane Trips Jack Hand

IGMorton
04-10-2005, 02:33 PM
Table is extremely laggy. I didn't 3 bet from EP because i thought it would eliminate the likely LP cold-calls and make it heads up me vs. the raiser. I also thought there was a good chance of a raise from a LP player anyway so i could avoid giving away my hand and we would still have a capped pot.

Did i play this too agressively post flop? i figured the only possible hand out there that could beat me was QQ. what percentage of the time will on of these laggy players have QQ?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls.

Flop: (21 SB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (20.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 calls, CO calls, SB folds, UTG calls.

River: (28.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP2 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 36.50 BB

Aaron W.
04-10-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Table is extremely laggy...

Did i play this too agressively? i figured the only likely hand out there that could beat me was QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you really need an answer?

InFeRn0
04-10-2005, 02:44 PM
TT also beats you /images/graemlins/wink.gif but you played the hand good

Greg J
04-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Everything after the flop looks good. Preflop... yuck. I don't care it it's Laggy, get the money in there!

IGMorton
04-10-2005, 02:48 PM
with the preflop action, it seems less likely the preflop raiser / capper had TT

IGMorton
04-10-2005, 02:50 PM
if there is only 1 possible hand that can beat you... statistically it seems i should value bet into that field.

yet, at some point... should i have realized my agressive opponent had QQ and backed off (maybee just call the river)?

InFeRn0
04-10-2005, 02:51 PM
im not really saying he has TT or that I think he has TT but it is a possibility that he has that, either way I also would have capped every street here

Greg J
04-10-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yet, at some point... should i have realized my agressive opponent had QQ and backed off (maybee just call the river)?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know. Would you like a pretty bow for your hair? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

JohnDaFisherman
04-10-2005, 03:13 PM
He went crazy when the second T hit. His hand most likely has a T in it. TT is unlikely, as he would have capped the turn (as would have I).

My most likely LAG holdings, given the action, is QTs or JTs (yes, some .50/1 LAGs would cap this PF.) Even not, on a LAGgy limit table at .50/1, I'm paying off the (likely) nuts with the (likely) second nuts EVERY TIME. He's just gonna have to show me QQ.

AlmightyJay
04-10-2005, 03:26 PM
3-bet preflop.

I might just call his 3-bet on the river.

Other than that, the hand looks fine to me.

grjr
04-10-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He went crazy when the second T hit. His hand most likely has a T in it. TT is unlikely, as he would have capped the turn (as would have I).

My most likely LAG holdings, given the action, is QTs or JTs (yes, some .50/1 LAGs would cap this PF.) Even not, on a LAGgy limit table at .50/1, I'm paying off the (likely) nuts with the (likely) second nuts EVERY TIME. He's just gonna have to show me QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

He went crazy when the second 10 hit because it filled up his set of queens. The first 10 made him fear the straight.
I'm probably raising the river but definately not capping it.

Aaron W.
04-10-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if there is only 1 possible hand that can beat you... statistically it seems i should value bet into that field.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess it depends on how much you trust your "extremely laggy" read on the table. In any game where I expect the preflop action to be capped, unless postflop is amazingly tight/passive or I have a tight read on this particular player (which you did not provide), I'm not going to give credit for QQ. Even if you give villain decent capping hands, you can't tell the difference between AA-QQ in this spot.

AA and KK could bet-call the turn fearing QJ for two pair (he's now 'convinced'), then go nuts when the two pair is counterfeit. QQ could be fearing AK on the turn, then filled up on the river.

Also, we're talking about 4-betting the river, not 12-betting. It's simply far too soon to be giving up on the 3rd nuts against LAGs.

aK13
04-10-2005, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you could pin him on QQ until the river. I see AA and KK playing exactly the same way on the flop and turn. On the river, however, you might start smelling it, and just call the 3bet.