PDA

View Full Version : Haha poker is funny (low content)

Ghazban
04-10-2005, 01:11 PM
I've been running pretty mediocre the past couple days so I looked at PT to see if there was anything there that would explain it. I saw that, in the past 1000 hands, I had a pocket pair and saw the flop 41 times and didn't flop a set a single time (pretty rare, but nothing to write home about).

So a few hands later, I call a minraise in the SB with 55 and the flop comes 542r. Huzzah! I get it all in against a guy with pocket 9s. Turn is a 7, river is.... a 9.

Bad beat? Sure, but it was a darn funny one. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BobboFitos
04-10-2005, 02:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a much different psychological makeup then me.

nice attitude

PoBoy321
04-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Don't worry, it just means that you're due.

Expect to get all in pre-flop with KK against someone's aces, suck out on the river, then get a whole lot more money out of him after he tilts.

Expect your 72o in the BB to take a huge pot off of a failed limp re-raise from UTG.

Trust me, it always happens, 'cause you're due.

DavidC
04-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Thanks, I'll definitely remember this! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

OOC, you should have hit about 3 sets in those 41 hands, right? (though you should have got about 50 pairs instead of 41, right?)

Tilt
04-10-2005, 03:13 PM
I forget who said it...."luck is just probability taken personally."

Try taking a peek at your last million hands. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ghazban
04-10-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a much different psychological makeup then me.

nice attitude

[/ QUOTE ]

Given the choice between laughing or getting pissed off, I will always choose laughing. I got my money in with way the best of it-- no point in getting mad over something I can't control.

Sakuraba
04-10-2005, 03:26 PM
"I saw that, in the past 1000 hands, I had a pocket pair and saw the flop 41 times and didn't flop a set a single time"

Is there a way to see this in PT other than by filtering by pairs only and manually looking at the hands?

tree_stump
04-10-2005, 03:28 PM
Have to add an amusing fishing experience I had today at PP50. I'm catching some cards and playing my normal game when I don't (bullying when appropriate). It's working quite well. Then some guy says in chat:

Villain: seems like tree stump has hit every flop hes played ....
Villain: is anybody else noticing that trend ...

I'm smiling and laughing my ass off at this point. Three hands later, it's folded to me in the small blind. I complete with QTo (didn't raise b/c Villain was the BB, and I had a feeling). He checks, and the flop comes JT7r. I pot it, thinking he's got crap. He calls. I check the turn (7), he leads for 1/2 the pot, and I call. Then a blank hits the river and I lead (pot size) - playing that psychological game. Sure enough, he thinks for a while and calls with crap, then says:

Villain: had to seem one
Villain: *see

I love it!

Ghazban
04-10-2005, 03:32 PM
Not that I know of; I looked at them all manually

Sakuraba
04-10-2005, 03:43 PM
thanks. I couldn't find anything, but I thought I might be missing something.

jhall23
04-10-2005, 05:50 PM
Good attitude, I like to think the same. You know that you'll have a swing the other way at somepoint.

I'm running pretty good over my last 1,300 hands since 4/1. Out of 67 pairs I think I counted trips (or a boat) 15-16 times and quads once. Thats like ~24% /images/graemlins/grin.gif

xorbie
04-10-2005, 07:35 PM
My own similiar bad beat/funny story:

I sit down at a table and post in the CO (the only position I won't wait for BB). I'm dealt AA, it's folded to me, I raise, SB goes all-in, BB calls, I push, BB calls.

So here I am sitting and thinking about that post in mid/high about "good thing I posted dead and got all in with AA against KK."

And of course a K comes on the flop and I lose. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Trainwreck
04-11-2005, 05:29 AM
Playing more live then online, it's so much more depressing live to miss flop after flop after flop after flop....... you get the idea.

I've gone through plenty of sessions with junk and missing constantly, except with crap hands I would never play or PP hitting on rivers, I would never get to...

Then again, I had a session where I won 12 BB hands in a row. Goes around, comes around.

Laughing is good medication!

>TW<

Ghazban
04-11-2005, 07:02 PM
Sorry to bump this (fairly lame) thread, but I just had a funny thing happen in the vein of my complaining in the original post. I called a raise w/66 in the SB and the flop came down 976 all diamonds. I consider betting out, but don't want to have to fold to a raise that could equally well be the nut flush or the naked ace. To my surprise, the flop gets checked around (3-way pot, PF raiser last to act).

The turn pairs the 7, I check, MP checks, and the preflop raiser bets 1/4 pot. I think a raise will scare him off but MP might overcall if I just call so I call. MP folds (oh well)

River is a 5 of some other suit so the board is 97675 with three diamonds. I bet out 2/3 pot hoping to get a crying call from an overpair or something. PF raiser puts in a substantial raise for half his stack. I consider that he might have 99 but, if so, I have to just lose my stack. Maybe he flopped the nuts and won't be able to get away so I push.

He calls with AdJd and MHIG. /images/graemlins/grin.gif