PDA

View Full Version : River play?

xenthebrain
04-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Pacific Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (9 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 10/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">SB folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 10/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls, UTG+2 calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero ?

What is the right play here, and would you played it the same until the river?

thesharpie
04-10-2005, 09:31 AM
I'd bet and fold to a check raise on the river. I'd play it the same as you did previous streets.

How is the Pacific poker hand history PT importer or whatever it's called?

kapw7
04-10-2005, 10:21 AM
These guys called all your bets. At least someone must have something worthy (flush draw-bigger pair-Ten)other than a 7. It is very possible that someone (BB?) made a flush on the river and he is going for the C-R as he puts you on AT/KT/JT (you raised PF).
If you bet its not likely that a worse hand will call (although you get calls form A7 a lot of times). Against 1 opponent you can bet but not two I think.

Dave G.
04-10-2005, 10:35 AM
The last card may have hurt you, so I think check/calling is right. If it comes back two to you you have a hard decision. What are the players like? I'd be very tempted to call. You have a good chance of being best here.

I don't like bet/folding, firstly because you might have the best hand and folding that would suck, and secondly because the smarter players will notice that you fold to a raise on the river even though you've been the clear aggressor throughout the hand. This will encourage people to make moves on you like bluff raises on a scare card and that makes every hand you play at this table harder.

Isura
04-10-2005, 11:49 AM
Check the river. You should call 1 bet though. If it's bet and raise throw it away. Rest of the hand is good.

numeri
04-10-2005, 12:28 PM
[grunching]

This really depends on reads. I have GameTime+ running and look at the WTSD stat. (went to showdown) If it's 40+ for a couple I bet as a value bet. It might be a super thin value bet, though. I guess you have to be able to fold to a c/r from BB or UTG+2 or a raise from button in order to value bet. I'm not sure I could here. So maybe a check/call. Man, I'm weak.

Now to go read how wrong I am. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Redd
04-10-2005, 12:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check the river. You should call 1 bet though. If it's bet and raise throw it away. Rest of the hand is good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Word.

xenthebrain
04-10-2005, 05:01 PM
As I reviewed my hand again I think the flop is interesting, too. Not just the river.

Do you think I should have just called here and when a clean card comes reraise the turn to protect my hand?
I cannot protect my hand very good on the flop here and there are a lot of cards that would criple my hand.

Any J-A (16 cards) and any /images/graemlins/club.gif (another 6). Any when the boards pairs an undercard both another T and someone who stayed in with an underpair would beat me.

Isn't this a spot whre you cannot protect your hand on the flop and should wait for the turn?

cold_cash
04-10-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Isn't this a spot whre you cannot protect your hand on the flop and should wait for the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands are you hoping to protect your hand from?

(Hint: The flush draw is not one of them.)

Will those hands be able to call profitably if you raise the flop?

xenthebrain
04-10-2005, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What hands are you hoping to protect your hand from?

[/ QUOTE ]

Overcards, underpairs.

[ QUOTE ]
Will those hands be able to call profitably if you raise the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but only by little. My edge is kinda small. If a blank comes on the turn my edge is much greater on the turn and I face these hands with 2BB cold-call and only one card to draw to.

xenthebrain
04-12-2005, 09:59 AM
In the end I decided to check and won the hand...

MrEngenic
04-12-2005, 01:18 PM
It is so read dependent. Pacific is full of awful players, I would usually valuebet on pacific. On party I would fear a CR from someone with the flush so I would check behind