PDA

View Full Version : T4o in the BB.

bisonbison
04-10-2005, 08:29 AM
I just finished my first orbit at the table.

UTG+1 is a good son, attentive to plants and fancies himself quite the air-traffic controller. SB reads Portuguese at a 3rd grade level and knows the name of every animator who ever worked on The Real Ghostbusters. I've also noticed that they're both a little loose, but not super loose or very loose. Just a tad spacious.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, SB calls.

River: (13 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

Piiop
04-10-2005, 08:34 AM
DAMN YOU HAVE AWESOME READS!

I think I would just call SB's river bet, but it's close.

I'd call the 3-bet from UTG+1, but I'd be sad while doing it.

toss
04-10-2005, 08:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 is a good son, attentive to plants and fancies himself quite the air-traffic controller. SB reads Portuguese at a 3rd grade level and knows the name of every animator who ever worked on The Real Ghostbusters.

[/ QUOTE ]

PokerTracker have a new update or something?

I'd play it just like you and assume they were drunk.

kapw7
04-10-2005, 08:50 AM
Wasn't that river raise too risky? I understand the pot is big but you assume that the 2 players left have an ace so they will never fold it (its 0.5/1). For the same reason it's very possible they play Ax and thus probably someone made 2 pairs.

I hope you didn't lose to 2 5 or 3 3.

Piiop
04-10-2005, 08:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but you assume that the 2 players left have an ace

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there are many other hands they could have.

kapw7
04-10-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but you assume that the 2 players left have an ace

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there are many other hands they could have.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes 2 spades. So what can a river raise achieve better than a call against a busted flush draw?

Piiop
04-10-2005, 09:51 AM
Maybe I misinterpreted your first post.

I thought you were saying the Hero shouldn't raise because it's likely they each have an A and have hit 2pair. It seems you meant that was what the Hero was assuming - and he shouldn'tve been.

Whatever, I think we both agree that we would not raise the river.

J.DP
04-10-2005, 10:32 AM
I prefer just calling the river and inducing a call from UTG+1.

Very few players would bet the river with top pair after being raised on both the flop and turn. SB probably has two pair.

UTG+1's 3 bet sucks hard but getting 22-1 it's an easy call.

droolie
04-10-2005, 11:14 AM
What brings you to our lowly levels? Are you doing the OIC?

As far as the hand is concerned I make the call but expect to lose to some terribly slowplayed monster or ridiculoulsy rivered set of 3's.

You gotta love the stop n gos. If there was a 6th st he probably would have lead that one to.

kenberman
04-10-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
UTG+1 is a good son, attentive to plants and fancies himself quite the air-traffic controller. SB reads Portuguese at a 3rd grade level and knows the name of every animator who ever worked on The Real Ghostbusters.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must be using pokeroffice, b/c pokertracker doesn't give me these types of reads.

as for the hand, I'm probably too much of a wimp to raise the river.

I'm fairly certain you're behind, but getting 21-1, not sure enough to fold.

bisonbison
04-10-2005, 12:25 PM

I cashed out all but $400 at the start of march. Just this week I've started 8-tabling my way back up. Depending on how it goes, I should be back in 2/4 after about 40 more hours at .5/1.

Isura
04-10-2005, 12:26 PM
I wouldn't raise the river. How passive is SB? Often I see passive .5/1 players play 44 or A4 this way. I think calling wins more than raising here; UTG1 is not is folding a better hand and you're opening yourself up for a 3-bet from SB. You'll get plenty of loose overcalls from UTG1 though to make calling profitable. Welcome back to micros.

SomethingClever
04-10-2005, 12:26 PM
Open-fold your BB preflop. T4o is a "trap" hand, as evidenced here.

SomethingClever
04-10-2005, 12:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I cashed out all but $400 at the start of march. Just this week I've started 8-tabling my way back up. Depending on how it goes, I should be back in 2/4 after about 40 more hours at .5/1.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bison, you should hop on the short bus for a while before proceeding directly to 2/4. It's a lot more fun and potentially more profitable.

kenberman
04-10-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a detour at 1/2 6 max may be profitable and enjoyable for you. not sure if you ever played shorthanded on your original 'way up', but I'm glad I did. (I've found it nice enough that I've stayed quite a while)