PDA

View Full Version : Notes on play

jpg7n16
04-10-2005, 02:19 AM
Just wanting some feedback on how I played this:

Live 1/2 NL Table is fairly passive PF, but bets/calls several draws (flush, straight, or even overcard)

Showdown:
(BB)Hero ~ 42
(UTG+1) ~ 75ish

PF - 4 callers (UTG+1, MP, LP, SB), BB checks Q /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Pot: ($10)

Flop: 10 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, Hero bets $5, UTG+1 calls, MP folds, LP calls, SB folds

Pot: ($25)

Turn: Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Hero bets $15, UTG+1 pushes, LP folds, Hero calls

River: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

dibbs
04-10-2005, 04:05 AM
I feel as though this is pretty table specific. 1/2 games like this are usually ultra loose live. Do you think any of them will fold to your half pot flop bet? With your stack and that hand I think you have to feel you have a pretty damn strong amount of fold equity to make this bet. In most games like this I can't picture it, but only you know that.

As for the villians raise on the turn I don't know, QT seems pretty possible, even J9 or KQ considering the description of the game. Would he raise AQ preflop? On the turn I feel you pretty much have to call given the pot size and what you have left.

Once again I don't know the game, but I really don't like the flop bet. I'm a big fan of firing at raggedy flops from the blinds, and at least there wasn't a flush draw out, but a half pot bet like that asks the drawers to try and hit it. I opt to fold or bet much bigger, most likely fold it barring the table presence that everyone looks really disinterested or whatever.

Basically, with your stack, I don't feel like you can play around, just go maniac TAG on em.

JMO, hope it worked out.

suited_ace
04-10-2005, 05:34 AM
The turn action tells me he has a set or top 2-pair. I fold here.

xorbie
04-10-2005, 06:09 AM
J9 is just as likely, if not moreso.

TheTimeIsUp
04-10-2005, 06:24 AM
Fold flop. If you call the flop, hit your 5 outer, and still dont know what to do, the choice is obvious.

zaxx19
04-10-2005, 10:10 AM
Im not making a stab on that flop a 10 is highly possible and there are too many draws.

Time for you to review what a stealable flop looks like.

Here is a hint, this isnt it.

Jon34
04-10-2005, 12:19 PM
play with a full buy in. If you can't, play at a limit you can.

check fold this flop. If it checks around and you still see the turn card, a 2/3rd pot bet is about right, which would be like 7 bucks into 10. If you get raised hard in that spot, it becomes a bit read dependent, as you beat AQ and KQ, but lose to QT, J9, or a slow played set. It would matter a lot what the action is at that point, but it is much easier to play if you don't bet the flop and keep the pot small.

11t
04-10-2005, 12:28 PM
Sucks if he has QT but I'd probably do the same.

zaxx19
04-10-2005, 12:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sucks if he has QT but I'd probably do the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

If thats your entire range on possible hands he doesnt want to see here....well just lurk for awhile and learn more.

utmt40
04-10-2005, 12:52 PM
had J9 right? I like the play myself though

Sakuraba
04-10-2005, 12:59 PM
Do you ever steal? If you are not stealing because a T is likely, you are not going to be stealing very often. The majority of flops contain an A, K, Q, J, or T. I assume you would find any of those cards as scary as a T.

There really are not that many draws here. If is a rainbow so there are no flush draws. There are two OESDs (J9 and 97) and one reasonable gutshot (QJ). It is also possible overcards call here is the player is really loose.

I actually agree that you should not try to steal here, but I think it is because you are out of position in a field of 6. I can't think of many boards that would make me want to steal with 4 loose players still to speak.

Sakuraba
04-10-2005, 01:12 PM
I think you are probably behind, but I would call anyway. You need to call about 20 on the turn to win a pot of around 75. You are getting pretty about 3.5 to 1.

I think you will see AQ, KQ, QJ, T8, or something involving a spade draw (gutshot or pair + spade draw) enough to make the call +EV.

I think you see a set, straight, or bigger queens up more often. Obviously, the deeper you were at this point, the more correct a fold would be.

jpg7n16
04-10-2005, 06:36 PM
And seeing the play reviewed, here are the results:

UTG + 1 did have J9 /images/graemlins/club.gif's

I didn't think he had that draw, thought he called with some over's and paired the Q on the turn. Since I was BB, thought I could make it look like I 1/2-way wanted a call with my $5 bet on the flop, since I may have had some crappy 8-4o and checked it PF. (Now I see that wasn't a good idea)

Need to still work on my steal reads/bets then. I was a little disturbed by it when I made it cause I am still learning to steal bet and all. Read "PL NL Poker" by Ciaffone and they talk about that, that you need to try and win pots where you aren't the best hand.

Notes have been taken. Thanks guys

mythrilfox
04-10-2005, 07:18 PM
Hero has 21BB. Folding here is RIDICULOUS. What the hell is wrong with you people?

BTW, check/fold the flop.

Trainwreck
04-11-2005, 06:31 AM
Good old J9, I knew that was coming, thus, it's a fold to an AI raise on the turn, that is just too common a limp hand, and other options have you crushed as well.

The amount of the AI though matters some too.

>TW<