PDA

View Full Version : A great thread of Stats?

B00T
04-10-2005, 01:27 AM
I thumbed through the good posts from HUSH but came up empty.

Could all the gurus around here make one post that can be used as a FAQ for stat posts?

I think if a few great players elborated and agreed on a good # for each stat in PT i.e. folded to river bet, att to steal blinds etc etc. then we can direct a lot of people who make posts with their individual stats asking "Do these look right" can compare/contrast their current numbers.

Is there anything of this sort here already? Anyone willing to conspire with others to make one?

Grisgra
04-10-2005, 02:05 AM
It's an excellent idea, and one that I've thought of doing myself except that it would take away from poker playin' /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

But community efforts for this kind of thing are always more fun anyway. Count me in as a volunteer -- I think that having a sticky of "normal stats" would be great, and help cut down on the ubiquitous stats posts.

Trix
04-10-2005, 02:13 AM
vpip: 17-30
pfr: 14-23
ASB: 25-40

Done ?

I really think there are alot of different ways to make 2/100 if you play well after the flop.

And the better you play, the more hands would you want to play, but it would be kinda suicidal for new players to try for those stats.

arkady
04-10-2005, 02:27 AM
in the spirit of Trix's post.

Go to showdown: 30-40
Win at showdown: 49-60

helpmeout
04-10-2005, 02:42 AM
VPIP 22-27 you want the upper end for lower limits because you are able to limp more.

PFR 13-16

Aggression Factor
F 2.5
T 2.5
R 2

FBBTS 50-60
FSBTS 70-80

CR 2
WWSF 38+
WTSD 35-38
W$ASD 48+

FRB 36-45

B00T
04-10-2005, 02:48 AM
I was gonna post at first there should be a breakdown. Like 1-2 5-10 10-20...like get comfortable on the right track numbers,, then optimal numbers...

I was thinkin of some sort of spreadsheet with 2 sections for each level, although the numbers will be quite similar I imagine across the board.

I wanted to see how the idea was received first then go forward with what is considered "good" for each interval and number.

I can ringlead and gather the data and create a sheet, but nobody would sure as hell want me to provide any numbers. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brom
04-10-2005, 09:35 AM
I think this is a good idea. I am far from expert at shorthanded play so I don't think my numbers would contribute much towards reasonable play. I do think that probably a few people feel the same way, but that each of these people has parts of their game they play quite well (i.e. defending in blinds, checkraising, river raises, etc.)

As a suggestion though, perhaps you could do this sort of thing in a poll form? You could average out the numbers gathered in this poll to get numbers that are sort of indicative of the median of what most people play at. Then tight/loose and aggressive/passive players could decide which side of these numbers they should strive for to optimize their own style of play.

I realize that this would take a really long poll or a lot of time to conduct a bunch of mini polls but it could be spread out over time. Maybe a new poll every other day and people could pop in and vote for each. Anyways, these are just my ideas/ramblings for furthering the cause.

Nikla
04-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Imo:

Vpip: 26+
PFR: 18+
ASB: 40+

This is assuming good postflop play. Stakes are irrelevant.

Grisgra
04-10-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Imo:

This is assuming good postflop play.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a pretty big assumption /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Justin A
04-10-2005, 12:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Imo:

This is assuming good postflop play. Stakes are irrelevant.

[/ QUOTE ]

How does PT compute ASB, is it just button hands?

Trix
04-10-2005, 02:04 PM
CO, button and SB first in.

sam h
04-10-2005, 02:08 PM
This is a good idea. However, one aspect that is very important is not only to give ranges for each stat but to stress that the stats should often move in tandem to some degree. For instance, if your VPIP is 30 then your PFR really should not be 12 and if your WTSD is in the low 30s then your W$SD should be in the mid to high 50s.

Basically, VPIP and PFR should move up in tandem while the showdown stats should be inversely related. And the lower your VPIP, the higher your aggression factor should probably be.

FWIW, this is where I'm at:

VPIP - 25
PFR - 15
WTSD - 31
W$SD - 57
Flop Ag - 3.3
Turn Ag - 3.1
River Ag - 2.2

(Note: I lost my DB a while back and so this is only over 25K hands. Although not good enough for winrate, this is probably enough to give a good approximation of playing style.)

helpmeout
04-10-2005, 06:58 PM
I dont agree with the need to be so loose.

The players at PP 1/2 5/10 and 10/20 are loose so you beat them with tight play.

Trying to steal the blinds at 40% is rediculous if the blinds are loose and when people defend like they should.

The whole point of this thread is to give people a basic guideline to help them when they are starting out at SH not turn them from great player to world class.

The typical weak 3/6 multitabler who comes to 5/10 6max will get absolutely raped playing this loose.

Grisgra
04-10-2005, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The typical weak 3/6 multitabler who comes to 5/10 6max will get absolutely raped playing this loose.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's true.