PDA

View Full Version : You like it or not?

SGS
04-09-2005, 11:15 PM
I have roughly 200 in a 200 max, 6-max buy in game on full tilt. The blinds are 1/2 and I have no real reads on the villian here. I pick up AA UTG and make it 6 to go. Folded to the BB who makes it 20 to go. I smooth call. Villian has roughly 120 when the hand starts.

FLOP 10,9,3 r

VIllian leads out for 20 and I call.

Turn 9

VIllian leads out for 40 and I call.

River is a brick and villian pushes last 40 and I call. Thoughts?

SGS

admo415
04-09-2005, 11:28 PM
I might raise on either the flop (probably), or at least turn, to try and get an idea of where you stand..

Hope it worked out for you though

spoohunter
04-10-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I might raise on either the flop (probably), or at least turn, to try and get an idea of where you stand..

Hope it worked out for you though

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you miss the preflop action? 90% of the time here you know exactly where you stand.

DrPublo
04-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Stack size is just about right for all in on the flop. Let's see, pot is 40 on the flop. He bets 20, your call makes the pot 80 and it'd be 80 back to him.

Push it man. Don't let a scare card come off for either of you.

The Doc

Sakuraba
04-10-2005, 01:32 AM
Raising the turn would put the villian all in. What do you gain by finding out where you stand at that point?

TrailofTears
04-10-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't let a scare card come off for either of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the only reason I can see for not just letting villain bet his stack off.

As spoo said, he has defined his hand pretty decidedly as a big PP (likely KK or the other AA), so you might as well let him bet it away. Maybe a min-raise on the flop (first time I have ever prescribed this) which will likely be followed by a push, and you call. If he doesn't push the flop, you get it all in on the turn for sure, as he has committed himself.

-Trail