PDA

View Full Version : A10s vs a mouse

deepsquat
04-09-2005, 10:57 PM
BB is a mouse. 10% VPIP, 3% pfr over 111 hands

My question is about all streets, what would be a better strategy. Thanks

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

When im 3bet pf im quite sure im looking at KK or AA. I would think that villain would prob call AK from the BB

Flop: (12 SB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

I didnt think a raise would do me much good here. No protection + no real value as im prob behind.

Turn: (8 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

My raise here was to fold SB and perhaps to get an idea of where im at + a free showdown.

River: (12 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

My hand doesnt improve + i wont get called by any hand i beat.

Final Pot: 12 BB

thesharpie
04-09-2005, 11:06 PM
I like it, as long as you know villain won't 3 bet an overpair which he won't as he's a mouse. If he did happen to 3 bet it you'd have to call the turn unless you know he has pocket aces. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Do you fold the river if he leads into you?

istewart
04-09-2005, 11:11 PM
What are BB's postflop aggression numbers?

deepsquat
04-09-2005, 11:22 PM
not sure where to find thos ein PT. Im looking at villains profile but not sure how to find post flop aggression.

Ive played 111 hands with villain and he isnt aggressive post flop. I could tell with this hand that he wanted a SD as cheap as possible.

kapw7
04-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Why is it better to raise the turn and not raise the flop that costs less and can get you a free turn card? Also on the flop you have two rounds to get improved if you are behind and on the turn only one. Finally the turn card is a scare card that might give your opponents a straight and a flush draw.
So if you are sure you are behind what can this turn raise achieve? Secure the second position?

thesharpie
04-09-2005, 11:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is it better to raise the turn and not raise the flop that costs less and can get you a free turn card? Also on the flop you have two rounds to get improved if you are behind and on the turn only one. Finally the turn card is a scare card that might give your opponents a straight and a flush draw.
So if you are sure you are behind what can this turn raise achieve? Secure the second position?

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because we're playing against a mouse doesn't guarantee we're behind. Some of them bet the flop and turn with overcards after raising preflop.

If we raise the flop and it's checked to us on the turn, we can't take our free card as we're likely ahead.

And if we raise the flop and it's 3 bet, well then we just wasted 1SB as we'll have to call the turn anyway, and maybe the river as the pot is large.

So the only point to raising the flop is getting more money in if we have the best hand, but if it is best our hand is vulnerable and we're not getting anybody to fold, so wait until the turn.

Shillx
04-10-2005, 01:22 AM
I don't like it at all. Given the action, I would either raise the flop or fold the turn. Of the two, I like calling the flop and then folding the turn the best.

The problem with raising the turn is that you are in bad shape onces he bets again. So he will bet AK on the flop, but then he will check that hands once all three people call him. If he bets again on the turn, you are drawing to somewhere between 0-5 outs. The only exception is the exact combination (A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif). There are 16 ways that he can have AA-TT so you are a 16:1 underdog to have the best hand when he bets the turn. You equity against AA-TT and AK /images/graemlins/heart.gif is about 12.5% so I guess you could call him again on the turn and then fold the river if you don't improve but it is a thin call and we still have a player to act behind us. Raising the turn is reckless because he isn't going to fold a hand like JJ or QQ. All you are doing is putting in more bets with WAY the worst of it.

Brad

Shillx
04-10-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it, as long as you know villain won't 3 bet an overpair which he won't as he's a mouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are we looking at the same hand here?

So you like putting 2 bets in on the turn with 2-5 outs? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

The turn raise is not good at all. Do you see why?

Brad

deepsquat
04-10-2005, 01:31 AM
Hi shillx,

Would simply calling down be ok in this situation? I dont want to automatically give him credit for an overpair when i have TPTK or is a flop raise and turn fold UI optimal?

So we should make the assumption that he has an overpair because he lead the turn?

cheers

cmwck
04-10-2005, 03:39 AM
Preflop raise is fine. You couldn't have known the mouse would 3-bet this time.

Flop looks good. Your hand is very vulnerable if not beat allready. Nevertheless, you still have odds to call on the basis of your trips or two-pair draw.

The real problem is whether to raise the turn. You're not going to call if he bets on the end. Your hand would have little showdown value at that point. So if you raise, you're going to cost yourself two bets to see a river you're going to fold if he bets, but check if he checks. On top of that, you'll get three-bet if he has AA or KK, but will call that anyway because you'll still be getting odds to outdraw him. So now you've paid three bets to see a card you could have seen for one.

cmwck
04-10-2005, 03:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it at all. Given the action, I would either raise the flop or fold the turn. Of the two, I like calling the flop and then folding the turn the best.

The problem with raising the turn is that you are in bad shape onces he bets again. So he will bet AK on the flop, but then he will check that hands once all three people call him. If he bets again on the turn, you are drawing to somewhere between 0-5 outs. The only exception is the exact combination (A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif). There are 16 ways that he can have AA-TT so you are a 16:1 underdog to have the best hand when he bets the turn. You equity against AA-TT and AK /images/graemlins/heart.gif is about 12.5% so I guess you could call him again on the turn and then fold the river if you don't improve but it is a thin call and we still have a player to act behind us. Raising the turn is reckless because he isn't going to fold a hand like JJ or QQ. All you are doing is putting in more bets with WAY the worst of it.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, what.... we are drawing live to two tens and three aces unless he has exactly AA, or TT. But TT is very unlikely considering that he 3-bet PF.

deepsquat
04-10-2005, 06:26 AM
i should add that i was very confident that i would be able to check behind on the river, ie that villain would check/call the river and not lead.

With that read my turn raise was to fold SB and improve my pot equity. I could pay 2 bets on the turn and get a free showdown or i could call 1 bet on the turn and have a decision to make on the river with SB possibly having me beat also.

With my read and pt's read as villain being TP i would have to think that villain is holding a big pocket pair and not AK if i just called the turn and then he lead the river.

Thats my problem with this hand, its very hard to fold TPTK in a decent sized pot like this.

Is it really that bad a play base on my read?

wabe
04-10-2005, 07:20 PM
However, Hero didn't cap the flop, so it's likely he doesn't have the AA/KK/QQ that Villain might fear. At this point, Villain is more likely to have JJ or two hearts if he stops on the turn and checks the river.

I can't imagine that a mouse doesn't go to war with AA or KK. If he has QQ...eh. I find that a really odd play, eat the loss, and make a note.