PDA

View Full Version : Hitchhiker's Guide is supposed to suck...bad.

fluxrad
04-09-2005, 09:54 PM
damnit! (http://www.planetmagrathea.com/shortreview.html)

From one of the posters on MetaFilter:

[ QUOTE ]

Missing: The Guide entry on towels.

This does not bode well.

[/ QUOTE ]

tbach24
04-09-2005, 10:02 PM
I saw the preview for the second time today and it looked good. House of Wax looks soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo stupid.

fluxrad
04-09-2005, 10:07 PM
WTF. House of Wax has got Paris Hilton in it! That automatically precludes it from being any good. I just hope the directors get sent to PMITA prison for stealing their idea from WaxWork...but making an even crappier movie.

EDIT: er...there's probably only 1 director...but he and the producer should still be shot methinks.

TimM
04-09-2005, 10:07 PM
This does not sound good. Obviously if everything from the book(s) was left in, it would be hours and hours of narration. But it's clear there are also some serious omissions. It's been a long time since I read the books, maybe 20 years or more, but even I could see that.

pshreck
04-09-2005, 10:13 PM
Well, this is not surprising. I was completely underwhelmed by the long trailer. Look like they went in the wrong direction when it comes to this movie. Heavy on special effects, I guess not on substance.

Alobar
04-09-2005, 10:15 PM
duh, did anyone actually think they would be able to make this movie, and make it any good?

If it only "sucked" instead of "sucked royally" I would be impressed

astroglide
04-10-2005, 04:42 AM
people are such retarded bigots when they have an even casual knowledge of a book when it's made into a movie. the trailers look great.

theBruiser500
04-10-2005, 11:50 AM
the trailer annoyed me, the bang of the earth was too loud

SomethingClever
04-10-2005, 12:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
people are such retarded bigots when they have an even casual knowledge of a book when it's made into a movie. the trailers look great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've read all 5 books at least 5 times each. The trailer looked semi-lame to me, but I'm cautiously optimistic.

citanul
04-10-2005, 12:47 PM
many people also don't seem to understand that the movie is not supposed to be a direct transition of the book to film. as with the other non-paper versions of the hitchhiker's concept, adams wanted the movie version to be different from the book, and that's the way the movie is being made.

personally, i really like the books, but am looking forward to the movie.

citanul

Jack of Arcades
04-10-2005, 12:52 PM
From the link it looks like they stripped out all of the jokes. The scenes are left intact, but the jokes either don't exist, or have been replaced.

lorinda
04-10-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hitchhiker's Guide is supposed to suck...bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it's supposed to.

Lori

daryn
04-10-2005, 04:22 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
the trailer annoyed me, the bang of the earth was too loud

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah.. this is funny.

wonderwes
04-10-2005, 05:05 PM
The movie will probably suck, which we will find out with rottentomatoes. I must say the visuals from the trailer were quite impressive.