PDA

View Full Version : Crown and Seven

The Dude
04-09-2005, 09:32 PM
Very good, especially when consumed in bulk.

Lazymeatball
04-09-2005, 09:55 PM
like Crown Royal and Seven Up? or Crown Royale and Seagrams Seven? because neither makes much sense.

rusty JEDI
04-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Ive got Crown and Coke for tonight. Should i get some 7?

rJ

Eurotrash
04-09-2005, 09:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
like Crown Royal and Seven Up? or Crown Royale and Seagrams Seven? because neither makes much sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the former.. but I agree.

I thought the standards were 7 & 7 and Crown and coke

SparkyDog
04-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Meh... why pay $25 a fifth when you can just use Seagram's for half the price?

Although I do greatly prefer a crown and coke to a rum and coke.

Jack of Arcades
04-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Crown and 7-up. It's my mother's preferred drink.

I prefer crown straight.

private joker
04-09-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the former.. but I agree.

I thought the standards were 7 & 7 and Crown and coke

[/ QUOTE ]

The best version of this is Jameson & 7-Up with a twist of lime.

http://www.whiskycorner.dk/billede/Jameson.jpg

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/_data/objects/93877/logo_thumbnail.gif
http://www.wegmans.com/kitchen/ingredients/produce/fruit/images/lime.jpg

Kaz The Original
04-09-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's better neat, but best with ginger ale, specifically 'Canada Dry' which is, of course, the champagne of ginger ales.

Lazymeatball
04-09-2005, 10:08 PM
Is Jameson any good? And if so, why water it down with seven up? And isn't it obvious that Sprite is superior to SevenUp? Anyways, as far as whisky I usually drink Jim Beam. I prefer it over Jack, but I occasionally get Makers Mark or Crown Royal. This reply is going no where, so I'll just ask, what are some good second tier whiskys, preferably bourbon? And what's so good about scotch?

tbach24
04-09-2005, 10:10 PM
DUDE! WTF! You're only supposed to drink White Russians

JinX11
04-09-2005, 10:16 PM
Sub out 7, sub in ginger ale. Enjoy.

Eurotrash
04-09-2005, 10:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Jameson any good?

[/ QUOTE ]

I dig it. I hear Tullamore Dew is a fine Irish whiskey too

Eurotrash
04-09-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's better neat, but best with ginger ale, specifically 'Canada Dry' which is, of course, the champagne of ginger ales.

[/ QUOTE ]

now, this is the last place I expected to get into a ginger ale debate.. but I have to weigh in on this, as ginger ale is pretty much my carbonated beverage of choice.

Canada Dry is ghastly

The order is

Seagrams >(slightly) Schwepps >>> Canada Dry

I'm not sure where to place Vernor's, because it's got a unique flavor, different than the above sodas.. it might very well be superior to all, depending on my mood.

edit: carbonated beverage of choice refers here to soft drinks

GuyOnTilt
04-09-2005, 10:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
'Canada Dry' which is, of course, the champagne of ginger ales.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heart ginger ale.

GoT

GuyOnTilt
04-09-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seagrams >(slightly) Schwepps >>> Canada Dry

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have much experience with Seagrams, but yes, Schwepps is better than Canada Dry. Ginger ale is also my carbonated beverage of choice. I absolutely hate it when restaurants don't have it.

I'm actually drinking a glass of Schwepps and ice right now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GoT

Eurotrash
04-09-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm actually drinking a glass of Schwepps and ice right now. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

nh. I suggest you try some Seagram's though, fantastic stuff.

have you had Vernor's, though? the stores near me don't carry it often, so if I'm able to randomly find it somewhere it's a rare treat. I would suggest checking that out too, if you can.

The Dude
04-09-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're only supposed to drink White Russians

[/ QUOTE ]
While everybody who knows me knows that Caucasions are my preferred drink, what we have in abundance tonight is Crown Royal and 7-up. Good stuff. Especially, like I said, your 8th round in.

The Dude
04-09-2005, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm actually drinking a glass of Schwepps and ice right now.

[/ QUOTE ]
Say 'hi' to Micah for me.

GuyOnTilt
04-09-2005, 10:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

nh. I suggest you try some Seagram's though, fantastic stuff.

have you had Vernor's, though? the stores near me don't carry it often, so if I'm able to randomly find it somewhere it's a rare treat. I would suggest checking Vernor's out too if you can.

[/ QUOTE ]

The last time I bought Vernor's I didn't like it at all. It was too smooth and creamy and as a result slightly flatter tasting. I think that's the only time I've had it though. Just a bad bottle?

GoT

tbach24
04-09-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You're only supposed to drink White Russians

[/ QUOTE ]
While everybody who knows me knows that Caucasions are my preferred drink, what we have in abundance tonight is Crown Royal and 7-up. Good stuff. Especially, like I said, your 8th round in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice, I'll add it to my list of drinks to try. I've had Crown Royal Special Edition straight and it tasted awful.

The Dude
04-09-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
t was too smooth and creamy and as a result slightly flatter tasting. I think that's the only time I've had it though. Just a bad bottle?

[/ QUOTE ]
Nothing a few shots of Jager won't fix.

private joker
04-09-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is Jameson any good? And if so, why water it down with seven up? And isn't it obvious that Sprite is superior to SevenUp?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jameson is great. And you're not really watering it down with 7-up, you're mixing a good cocktail. If you want to drink whiskey straight up, then drink it straight up. When you want a nice mixed drink, go for the Jameson & 7.

As for Sprite, when was the last time you saw Sprite in a bartender's squirt gun? And if that's what they have, then when you order Jameson & 7 with lime, you'll get a Jameson & Sprite with lime.

slavic
04-09-2005, 11:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You drink that blended trash?

We have to get some class into you baby.

Single Malts, neat, 2 fingers.

Goes well with the Punch Robusto.

InchoateHand
04-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Goes better with Romeo y Juliet Exhibicion No. 3.

The Dude
04-09-2005, 11:27 PM
God bless alcohol. That is all.

InchoateHand
04-09-2005, 11:29 PM
Thank you my son.