PDA

View Full Version : Chipotle

SossMan
04-09-2005, 09:28 PM
they just opened one near my house...is it worth checking out?

istewart
Screw the Chipotle obsession, my god.

pshreck
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to be kidding...

Eurotrash
04-09-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the whining of a man that only knows Qdoba..

istewart
04-09-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like the whining of a man that only knows Qdoba..

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, I just hate all food like this.

Eurotrash
04-09-2005, 09:39 PM
was just taking a jab, my friend.

I believe you.

fluxrad
04-09-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Too true. It's just a friggin' burrito place. I'll grant you it's good, but hell...here in Denver they're all over the place. You've got Chipotle, Qdoba, and Illegal Pete's (which some would say is the best).

It's fine as far as fast food goes and you'll definitely enjoy it, but if I see one more fscking "OMG!! CHIPOTLE!!" thread I'm going to gouge my fscking eyes out.

SossMan
04-09-2005, 09:44 PM
i had no idea it had such a cultlike status. i guess I'll spring the six bucks and find out for myself. it the oot bitterness scale holds true to form, I'll probably enjoy it.

IggyWH
04-09-2005, 09:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just another over-priced mexican fast food joint. It's pretty much Qdoba but with a tad better food.

fluxrad
04-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Kind of funny, almost everyone here at work thinks Qdoba is the second coming of Christ...

y'know, if Christ came back as a burrito...

istewart
04-09-2005, 09:51 PM
Nice avatar, Soss.

IggyWH
04-09-2005, 09:53 PM
I'm not a big fan of the mexican fast-food but Baha Fresh kicks ass because of their nacho bar.

Eurotrash
04-09-2005, 09:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nice avatar, Soss.

[/ QUOTE ]

speaking of avatars, what happened to Joe Torre? Did you can him because of the fiasco with Baltimore yesterday?

miajag81
04-09-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just another over-priced mexican fast food joint. It's pretty much Qdoba but with a tad better food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Overpriced? Dude, you get like 2 pounds of -good- food for $6. Chipotle rules.

istewart
04-09-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Nice avatar, Soss.

[/ QUOTE ]

speaking of avatars, what happened to Joe Torre? Did you can him because of the fiasco with Baltimore yesterday?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, the Yankees will be back.

Phoenix1010
04-09-2005, 10:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I measure the value of any meal by how it stacks up to Chipotle's good food/dollar ratio. The bar has yet to be raised.

tbach24
04-09-2005, 10:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I measure the value of any meal by how it stacks up to Chipotle's good food/dollar ratio. The bar has yet to be raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ramen must be the god of your scale then.

Phoenix1010
04-09-2005, 10:30 PM
Incidentally, I also measure cost by how many Chipotle burritos I could buy instead (i.e. Buying a new video game costs roughly 10 Chipotle burritos). It's a good system.

Phoenix1010
04-09-2005, 10:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I measure the value of any meal by how it stacks up to Chipotle's GOOD food/dollar ratio. The bar has yet to be raised.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ramen must be the god of your scale then.

[/ QUOTE ]

tbach24
04-09-2005, 10:38 PM
Is this supposed to infer that ramen isn't good?

daryn
04-09-2005, 10:40 PM
step 1) go to a real taqueria.

step 2) never go to chipotle again

GoblinMason (Craig)
04-09-2005, 10:40 PM
No, that ramen is a redic deal for the price.

bugstud
04-09-2005, 10:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly

or even just a good sitdown mex place with free chips and salsa.

oddjob
04-09-2005, 11:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

100% agreed. i understand why people go to chipotle. you get a lot of food for little money, and it's seemingly healthy. i just don't understand why people go apeshit for this bland crap. the meat is tough too.

a real taqueria is way better, and usually cheaper.

whenever i hear of people loving chipotle, i imagine they go nuts over olive garden's all you can eat salad and breadsticks.

gumpzilla
04-09-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

100% agreed. i understand why people go to chipotle. you get a lot of food for little money, and it's seemingly healthy. i just don't understand why people go apeshit for this bland crap. the meat is tough too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seemingly healthy is the relevant bit; Chipotle doesn't publish nutritional information, last I knew, but I remember Googling "Chipotle nutrition information" a while ago and seeing some depressing statistics. The phrase "artillery shell loaded with saturated fat" comes to mind as one that was used. The tortilla carries a surprisingly huge caloric load.

I tend to go carnitas or vegetarian when I go there. The chicken is bland, I agree, but I like the way they do the carnitas. And vegetarian is probably ballpark healthy, or at least I would like to hope so.

EDIT: A link to a Chipotle nutrition calculator (http://chipotlefan.com/index.php?id=nutrition_calculator). I also forgot to mention that, for those who didn't know, Chipotle's parent company is McDonald's, which surprised me somewhat when I first learned it.

Corey
04-09-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't argue Chipotle is good Mexican food. I argue it's damn good food. Traditional Mexican and Chipotle can exist, as long as you realize there is a stark difference between the two.

daryn
04-09-2005, 11:51 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't argue Chipotle is good Mexican food. I argue it's damn good food. Traditional Mexican and Chipotle can exist, as long as you realize there is a stark difference between the two.

[/ QUOTE ]

i am not even really bashing chipotle. i am just saying, you can go to a real taqueria and get what you get at chipotle, pay less, and it will taste better.

Corey
04-10-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i am not even really bashing chipotle. i am just saying, you can go to a real taqueria and get what you get at chipotle, pay less, and it will taste better.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is simply a point where taste preference diverges.

Ogre
04-10-2005, 01:27 AM
I love Chipotle but there are way too many posts about it.

Eihli
04-10-2005, 01:36 AM
chipotle? qboda? qtf have i never heard of any of these places, is this some west coast fad like frys?

fluxrad
04-10-2005, 01:37 AM
No. They both started in Denver.

pshreck
04-10-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
chipotle? qboda? qtf have i never heard of any of these places, is this some west coast fad like frys?

[/ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, neither are in the state of CT.

I was lucky enough to try Chipotle when I drove through Cleveland once.

OtisTheMarsupial
04-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Sign the smaller burrito petition (http://www.petitiononline.com/chipfan1/petition.html) and let there be reasonably sized burritos.

uw_madtown
04-10-2005, 04:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just another over-priced mexican fast food joint. It's pretty much Qdoba but with a tad worse food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post.

stabn
04-10-2005, 06:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just another over-priced mexican fast food joint. It's pretty much Qdoba but with a tad worse food.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't better or wose than qdoba. They are both total crap. At least qdoba has a larger menu of different shitty tasteless food though.

jason_t
04-10-2005, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf is the Chipotle obsession?

daryn
04-10-2005, 06:04 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf is the Chipotle obsession?

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm convinced it's like pizza. if you never heard of pizza before in your life, then you were given some really mediocre pizza, you would probably love it.

Ulysses
04-11-2005, 05:03 AM
You still live in the Bay Area? If so, no reason to ever go to Chipotle.

Dangergirl
04-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Chipotle is good but just wondering if anyone has ever tried TAco Tote? Much better fast food. There are a few in El Paso and Houston I think.

InchoateHand
04-11-2005, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Chipotle is good but just wondering if anyone has ever tried TAco Tote? Much better fast food. There are a few in El Paso and Houston I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Taco Cabana!