PDA

View Full Version : Anyone not liking this play?

fiyah
04-09-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm third in chip stack and the table and its a pretty passive table, but short stack has moved from 700 chips to 2000+ chips. Should I have waited for a better hand? Or at least made the move from SB?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t4240)
BB (t3875)
UTG (t2205)
Hero (t3180)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t3155</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t4215</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t7420) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t7420) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t7420) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t7420

fiyah
04-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Microbet, it would be alot more helpful for me if you would state why you think its a joke. Isn't that what the purpose for this forum is? I'm sorry if I'm not as skilled as you in these matters..

microbet
04-09-2005, 06:43 PM
I deleted my post. The converter didn't show your call and I thought you folded to the raise.

I don't like the push either, but it's not horrible. The blinds are very high and you have to be very aggressive here, I think, but I'm thinking more like JT or something to push from the button.

fiyah
04-09-2005, 06:54 PM
See I know you have to be aggressive, but was this too much? I guess this is one of those moves that I question since I looked like a moron afterwards. But I'm not so sure it was terrible, I steal the blinds I'm closer to second and first in chip stack, almost dead even.

microbet
04-09-2005, 07:01 PM
It is not a bad sign when people are calling you a moron for pushing, but I think you have to be a bit more careful from the button. JT might even be a little too loose. From the SB you are much less likely to be called.

I'm not sure. I feel a lot more like I know how likely a fold is when I'm playing. I won't be surprised if some people want more like KQ or AT to push here or if some push with any two.

fiyah
04-09-2005, 07:09 PM
I'm thinking you are right Microbet. I should have waited for a better hand or just pushed from SB. I'm sure that is why I'm experiencing the variance that I've been seeing. Plays like this are one of those that if you pull it off you feel really good about but if you don't than you feel moronic, hehe. Maybe if I had 1000 less chips this push would have been more reasonable?

beeyjay
04-09-2005, 08:11 PM
I don't like this push. You have no reason to be this desperate at all. Even at Party with 500 less starting chips I feel like the times when I like this push are limited. The situation would have to be perfect for me to like this play. (Something like you hadn't played a hand in 2 rotations and had an uber tight image or some other blatant situation where the 2 blinds were folding everyhand.) If you think you can steal here I feel like a minraise would work as well as pushing and you don't risk everything with 69

microbet
04-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Yeah, with 4 or 5 BBs I stop caring about my cards and just about whether I think a fold is likely or not (there is more to it if there is a really short stack on the bubble). That could easily make this a push unless I had already pushed a lot and/or one of the blinds has been very loose with calls.

I think a minraise is possible under some circumstances with 8 or more BBs, but you would have to think BBs are tighter than normal.