PDA

View Full Version : How i read OOT

rusty JEDI
04-09-2005, 05:57 PM
In flat mode of course because there is really no other way.

I make it through reading about the first 5 posts in a thread, then finish it off by scrolling quickly stopping at any pictures.

rJ

[censored]
04-09-2005, 05:59 PM
I like threaded. I scan for posters who have made me laugh in the past or something with a bunch of replies from posters who I recognize.

pshreck
04-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Gosh I cant stand threaded. I dont need things broken up that much.

Freakin
04-09-2005, 06:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Gosh I cant stand threaded. I dont need things broken up that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too much extra work for me to click on a bunch of links....I've been in flat since I joined these forums.

Freakin

Corey
04-09-2005, 06:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Too much extra work for me to click on a bunch of links....I've been in flat since I joined these forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only reason I reg'd at first was to get flat mode.

istewart
04-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Threaded is atrocious.

Alobar
04-09-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Threaded is atrocious.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I never knew better, and then one day someone (it actually might even have been rusty jedi) made a post in the zoo about how many people he saw in the "whos online" looking at stuff in threaded mode, and wondering why so many of us were stupid.

That was a very big turning point in my life, heh

Freakin
04-09-2005, 06:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Threaded is atrocious.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I never knew better, and then one day someone (it actually might even have been rusty jedi) made a post in the zoo about how many people he saw in the "whos online" looking at stuff in threaded mode, and wondering why so many of us were stupid.

That was a very big turning point in my life, heh

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah, there's a who's online section? That's pretty cool. Though it's kinda creepy seeing "Freakin - Looking at who's online"... I feel like it should collapse in on itself, like when you point a video camera at a screen displaying itself.

Freakin

Corey
04-09-2005, 06:28 PM
Quick parsing of the who's online reveals 47 flaters and 125 threaded-ers.

I'm in shock!

Voltron87
04-09-2005, 06:38 PM
Mine defaults to threaded but I always bump it to flat. When a thread is 50-60 posts and I've read all of them, and there are 5 more replies, I go to threaded.

When I quit/logout of 2+2, everything I haven't read gets marked as read. Does anyone know how to avoid this? I want only things I've actually read to be marked. Right now when I logout everything gets marked as read.

Freakin
04-09-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mine defaults to threaded but I always bump it to flat. When a thread is 50-60 posts and I've read all of them, and there are 5 more replies, I go to threaded.

When I quit/logout of 2+2, everything I haven't read gets marked as read. Does anyone know how to avoid this? I want only things I've actually read to be marked. Right now when I logout everything gets marked as read.

[/ QUOTE ]

Acts the same for me. I generally just never close it...

Freakin

Soul Daddy
04-09-2005, 06:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Change 50-60 to 15-20 and this is my line as well.

jakethebake
04-09-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I like threaded. I scan for posters who have made me laugh in the past or something with a bunch of replies from posters who I recognize.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe this! I never would've guessed you were retarted.

LAGmaniac
04-09-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I can't believe this! I never would've guessed you were retarted.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a moran