PDA

View Full Version : A few bubble hands

Dudd
04-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Just a few hands that I had some questions with from my last few tournaments. Party 50+5, down to 4. In hand 1, I took a shot on the flop looking to take it down, and was ready to give up on the hand until the turn and river brought me a runner runner boat. Should I fear a slowplayed 6 in this situation, or is an ace just as likely if not more likely?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t4410)
UTG (t1255)
Button (t1395)
SB (t2940)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t600) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t700</font>, SB calls t700.

Turn: (t2000) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t2000) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB pushed, Hero calls t1940.

Final Pot: t5880

Second hand. This guy has been masterfully pushing his big stack around, and as you can see the other three of us have only 2 BB a piece. He'd been coming over the top ever single hand, and while I'd like to have gotten a hand and double up, I'd been dealt a steady string of 23, 48, etc, hardly hands with which to call an all in with. Nearly half my stack was in the middle after posting the t400 BB, and half of what was left would go in the next hand in the SB. His range was literally any two, as he had pushed the previous 6 or 7 hands. Is calling here hoping to double up the correct play, as it should be a large help towards assuring a money finish, or is folding and hoping to sneak into 3rd place with ~t250?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t870)
UTG (t810)
Button (t685)
SB (t7635)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
SB pushes, Hero calls.

Flop: (t1740) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Turn: (t1740) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

River: (t1740) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>

Final Pot: t1740

swarm
04-09-2005, 05:54 PM
Hand 1, what are you doing screwing around with this hand for. SB is the only one that can ding you and he has shown to be maniacal so if he hits a hand he could burn you bad because you think he's bluffing.

You have the other weaker parites acting behind you which you can steal blinds off all day with any type of hand you want with no worries. No way am i bluffing at this pot. I DON"T NEED IT.

Second hand, I assume the converter is messed up and there is only 2 in the pot not 4. This position just sucks, we've all been in it. I'm not a proponent of folding into 3rd but this may be the one time I try. Making a stand here can certainly be argued as well.