PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question - playing set

punter11235
04-09-2005, 04:47 PM
Hello !

I have question regarding playing sets, suppose you have :
KK24 in SB, it was cheap so you completed (5 limpers +BB), the flop is :

K95 rainbow, how to play it ? I think I dont win against full field with only KKK, but when I bet the pot, ppl's with the best draws will stay with me.

What to do ?

Bad Lobster
04-09-2005, 06:14 PM
You're so far ahead that you should be thinking not about getting beaten, but about how to keep other people in with their weak draws.

Right now you have the best hand, you're drawing to a full house, and the flop was miserably bad for anyone drawing to a straight, flush, or low hand. This is a small-bet or slow-play situtation, seeing as there are so many possible draws to second-best hands.

slavic
04-09-2005, 08:22 PM
If they will call a pot size bet with a draw then put in a pot size bet. Even QJTx isn't getting odds to call a pot but if they will then put it in and beg them to call.

The turn card should be what makes this interesting.

PapaSan
04-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Bet the pot or checkraise the pot on the flop.

HopeydaFish
04-10-2005, 04:53 PM
Depends on who your opponents are. This pot is almost a guaranteed win for you if you play it right. The trick is to maximize your return while doing so. If you think you'll get some callers with a pot sized bet, make a pot-sized bet. If you think you'll chase everyone out of the pot with a pot-sized bet, then make a bet for about 1/2 the pot and hope you get a couple of callers. If the turn is a low card, bet the pot to make it really expensive for anyone chasing the low.