PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell: CT

AngryCola
04-09-2005, 04:05 PM
I've always been a huge fan of the previous installments in the Splinter Cell series. But the new Chaos Theory makes both of the earlier versions look like mediocre titles. The new engine is simply amazing, and so far the single player campaign has been solid.

I'm not going to write a review of the game, but wanted to point it out to the people who have Live accounts.
The multiplayer of SC:CT is more enjoyable to me than Halo 2's Live games. For those of you who didn't play the version in Pandora Tomorrow, Spies vs. Mercs (2v2) has loads of replay value, and brings a completely different sort of feel than your standard online games.

I encourage everyone with a live account to at least rent SC:CT to check out the multiplayer mode.
I suspect that I'll be playing on Live quite a bit in the next few weeks.

AngryCola
04-09-2005, 08:10 PM
No one else shares the SC:CT love?

<font color="white">Shameless *bump* of my own thread.</font>

Voltron87
04-09-2005, 08:11 PM
Eh, I tried playing the original and it never really clicked for me. I tried it for about 2 hours and just quit. Someday I'll load it up again and give it another try.

Macdaddy Warsaw
04-09-2005, 08:14 PM
I ordered it for $30 from CompUSA or some other comparable site. Still waiting for it. This is the PC version though. I'm actually excited about it, since it sounds like they got the mix of stealth/action right, and I'm not a terribly huge fan of stealth games, although I actually own all the previous SC's. I haven't beaten either, though.