PDA

View Full Version : Loose Tournament

DrMoney
04-09-2005, 03:17 PM
Every week there is a live tournament in my town with a $50 buy in. All of the players seem incredibly loose, and will always call pre-flop raises with hands such as Ax and Kx suited. I come across K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif from UTG. Blinds are 25/50, and i make it 400 to go. (a limp is usually preferred here, but these players are loose and will call)I get two callers (4th pos and button) , and the flop comes 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif J /images/graemlins/heart.gif. On this flop i make it 1000, and get one caller from the button. Turn comes out blank, i go all in, and he folds (he says he had a single heart) . Is this the way i should be playing big hands here, considering how loose they are? or should i have played it, as well as other high pockets, a little craftier?

RunDownHouse
04-09-2005, 03:33 PM
You'd have better luck posting this in another forum; in fact, I have no idea why you posted it here.

But since you did: I wouldn't ever limp KK utg unless I thought I could get away with a limp/re-reraise all-in for a good pot. After the flop you played it well, I guess. Kinda tough to tell without stack sizes.

captZEEbo1
04-09-2005, 03:33 PM
post this in 1-table tournaments or MTT. This sounds fine though. Unless people are very likely to raise if the pot has been unraised, a limp reraise might work. That usually gets a lot more chips out of chumps...but then you risk going broke.

Also, against total LAG's, you don't need AA or KK to win tournaments. You just need to not suck.

arkady
04-09-2005, 03:39 PM
I think the answer is not so simple. You see Pakistan also has nuclear weapons thus making the entire region extremely volatile. With India testing it's nuclear capability and missile launching power it simply creates more and more tension. Perhaps it is wiser for both countries to simply agree to disarm. Or maybe set a limit on how many each one creates? Hmm...not sure, difficult situation.

RunDownHouse
04-09-2005, 04:02 PM
Winnar.