PDA

View Full Version : What do you do in this situation?

SGS
04-09-2005, 03:08 PM
So me and my friend are walking along last night to a bar. We have been drinkin a little bit and on our way to the bar on the opposite side of the street these three guys who are all bigger than us start yellin at us. They are sayin stuff like You guys talkin [censored]? You wanna talk some [censored] now. They were walking the opposite direction than we were. So at first my friend and I just try to ignore it and figure they will leave us alone. My friend turns around and sees them sprint to our side of the street and quickly walking up behind us. they continue to say how we talked [censored] yadda yadda yadda. Mind you we did not say a word to them and I don't think we were talkin loud enough to each other for them to hear us. So anyways they follow us for a while and are pretty close to us. We continue to walk and are telling them we didn't say anything to them leave us alone we're goin to the bars. My friend and I are not fighters, neither of us have ever been in a fight and all three of these guys were bigger than us. Anyways these guys are walking faster and faster and obviosly have it in to fight someone. What would you guys do in this situation?

SGS

daryn
04-09-2005, 03:09 PM
very easy. run.

ttleistdci
04-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Nothin a quick turn and swift kick in the junk won't fix.

Corey
04-09-2005, 03:11 PM
(1) If there is another bar or restaurant close, step in there.
(2) As Daryn said, run

SGS
04-09-2005, 03:12 PM
There's 3 of them.

SGS

Cubswin
04-09-2005, 03:14 PM
If there is another bar or restaurant close, step in there.

This is the correct answer

SGS
04-09-2005, 03:15 PM
Running is viable, as it would be easy for us to out run them. However the only problem with this is it seems as though they get the satisfaction of seeing us run from them. I don't like to let bullies have satisfaction of getting what they want. I was thinking before running of saying something really smart ass. Since you're running anyways might as well talk some [censored]. Thoughts?

SGS

SGS
04-09-2005, 03:15 PM
If there isn't, which there wasn't?

SGS

InchoateHand
04-09-2005, 03:16 PM
Do whatever you did--I assume continue purposefully into the nearest open establishment. Guys like that, a little drunk and trying desperately to start something where they are near-guaranteed victors, tend not to be patient. Its not like you know these guys and they will be waiting when you get out. Just duck into an open bar, relax, have a good time, and these wanktards will move on after five minutes of congratulating themselves for how crazy-sexy-cool-tough they are.

Also, get bigger friends. You would be amazed at how well my innate proclivity to make friends with very big people has served me.

Dead
04-09-2005, 03:16 PM
If you trip and fall after yelling at them, then you are guaranteed to get the [censored] kicked out of you.

Fold.

SGS
04-09-2005, 03:17 PM
This is true.

SGS

daryn
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Running is viable, as it would be easy for us to out run them. However the only problem with this is it seems as though they get the satisfaction of seeing us run from them. I don't like to let bullies have satisfaction of getting what they want. I was thinking before running of saying something really smart ass. Since you're running anyways might as well talk some [censored]. Thoughts?

SGS

[/ QUOTE ]

i can't dig this plan. if they ever meet up with you again, now they have a REAL reason to start something. they are drunk, just ran away man.

also i'm not just saying this because there were 3 of them and you say they were big, etc. even if it was 2 and 2 and you thought you could take them, i'd still avoid the situation. fighting is very very stupid, for many reasons.

InchoateHand
Well, saying something smartass and then running away gives them the exact same satisfaction. Plus, it increases the chances that they follow you. I think being a smartass and running away will not be as satisfying to you as think it will be, it certainly won't show them up, and it greatly increases the chances for a bigger confrontation.

That said, I can't keep my mouth shut, so I would say something smartass. I would also make bigger friends.

InchoateHand
04-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Why are you wandering around deserted places (no open buildings?) in the middle of the night, drunk, if you don't have a reasonable plan for your personal safety?

Cubswin
04-09-2005, 03:19 PM
Theres has got to some place nearby...no? gas station, 7-11 or such?

Dead
04-09-2005, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would also make bigger friends.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or buy a pistol and get a CCW. Not to use, just to show them that you are serious. But big friends work too. Most of my friends are little like me so I just avoid talking [censored] to people in public, period.

SGS
04-09-2005, 03:22 PM
We have lots of bigger friends that like to fight as well. They were not with us at the time though. Obviously.

SGS

daryn
04-09-2005, 03:22 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

Or buy a pistol and get a CCW. Not to use, just to show them that you are serious. But big friends work too. Most of my friends are little like me so I just avoid talking [censored] to people in public, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

man the responses are getting dumber. the WORST thing you can do in a situation like this is to pull out a pistol, not to shoot but to show them you are serious. if you pull out a pistol, you better be prepared to fire, because if they have one, and they see you pull one out, you are toast.

Arnfinn Madsen
04-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Team up with a bunch of 5-year olds. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Other posters here can guide you on how many you need.

If you don't have xx 5-year olds, just walk calmly to the nearest gas station or bar or something.

When you are 100% safe it is time for the ultimate revenge:
Call the police from a pay phone and describe their looks and location say that they are consistently dealing drugs. That will [censored] up their night.

SGS
04-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Everything was closed that was nearby. There was a church, a school, a post office. Nothing open. The town is kinda of dead for the 4 blocks this happened on.

SGS

InchoateHand
04-09-2005, 03:24 PM
Exactly. Unless you want to shoot someone, don't wave a gun in public. You are inviting everyone else to.

The thing about big friends, is they help preclude the possibility of this situation. If you don't look like an easy target, drunken people looking for trouble will look elsewhere. There is no [censored] reason to escalate the situation.

SGS
04-09-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
so I just avoid talking [censored] to people in public, period

[/ QUOTE ]

So do I. We didn't say anything.

SGS

Tyler Durden
04-09-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

man the responses are getting dumber. the WORST thing you can do in a situation like this is to pull out a pistol, not to shoot but to show them you are serious. if you pull out a pistol, you better be prepared to fire, because if they have one, and they see you pull one out, you are toast.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea seriously.

Didn't any of you guys see Boyz N the Hood?

BusterStacks
04-09-2005, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're forgetting the part where 99% of people piss themselves when they get a suprise gun to the face.

daryn
04-09-2005, 03:33 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're forgetting the part where 99% of people piss themselves when they get a suprise gun to the face.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok fair enough. let's assume that is true. do you really want a 99-1 chance of getting blown away, when you could have simply ran?

Arnfinn Madsen
04-09-2005, 03:33 PM
I think running and yelling are both bad options. They are a group with group mentality looking for a reason to harass you. They have made up one, but it obviously isn't strong enough because then they would already have attacked you. If you just walk calmly I think the chance you get attacked is less than 0,01%

Dead
04-09-2005, 03:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. And the chances of these guys having a gun is quite small, unless this is in like Texas. Very few people carry.

99% of the time the people will just be scared shitless, apologize, and walk away.

daryn
I think running and yelling are both bad options. They are a group with group mentality looking for a reason to harass you. They have made up one, but it obviously isn't strong enough because then they would already have attacked you. If you just walk calmly I think the chance you get attacked is less than 0,01%

[/ QUOTE ]

this is clearly the worst answer. they are approaching faster and faster. your plan is to just ignore them?

Richie Rich
Rule #8: If this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight...

Dead
04-09-2005, 03:35 PM
You're correct.

Pacifism doesn't work in this case. So either you have a gun and pull it out or you're with big friends that have your back. Either way, walking away doesn't solve the conflict.

Chances are that these guys are drunk, and reasoning with drunks doesn't work.

I would just keep walking. Don't speed up, just keep walking at the same speed. And then do one of the two things above the second that they put a hand on you.

InchoateHand
04-09-2005, 03:36 PM
You know, as nice a guy as the OP seems, I don't think I want him wandering around "a little drunk," waving guns.

Also, when you wave a gun at someone, perhaps you speak from an experience I haven't heard of, they seldom "apologize and walk away." Sure, unarmed people will back down. And now these three drunken losers will have to spend the rest of the night figuring out a way to restore their pride, which probably means drinking more and beating the [censored] out of someone else, or following you.

SGS
04-09-2005, 03:37 PM
So my friend and I get seperated somehow and one of them follow me and one follows my friend while the other apparently lost interest. My guy continues to say I'd [censored] you up blah blah blah. I am walking away sayin leave me alone I know you'd [censored] me up. He then lunges like he's about to chase me so I take off. My friend says he sees this from afar and sees the guy hassling me trip onthe railroad tracks as he chasing me. This made me feel a little bit better. The funny thing is though the guy that was hassling my friend totally calmed down. It started out "Why you talkin [censored]?" My friend, "I wasn't." Hassler "Oh, you smoke weed?"

I was like what the [censored] why'd I get the crazy guy. My guy apparently came over to my friend and the other hassler and was asking my friend why I was talkin [censored]. For some reason this guy was dead set on me. Anyways I just felt kinda weak for running, but apparently I had no other choice.

SGS

daryn
you don't walk away, you run.

Arnfinn Madsen
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

this is clearly the worst answer. they are approaching faster and faster. your plan is to just ignore them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not ignore in an obnoxious way, but just continue doing what you are doing.

SGS
Are you sure that's #8?

SGS

Dead
04-09-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know, as nice a guy as the OP seems, I don't think I want him wandering around "a little drunk," waving guns.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he wants a bunch of drunk frat boys following him around yelling [censored] at him either.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, when you wave a gun at someone, perhaps you speak from an experience I haven't heard of, they seldom "apologize and walk away." Sure, unarmed people will back down. And now these three drunken losers will have to spend the rest of the night figuring out a way to restore their pride, which probably means drinking more and beating the [censored] out of someone else, or following you.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is very little chance that they have guns. The vast, vast majority of the time they will act exactly like I said they will.

InchoateHand
04-09-2005, 03:38 PM
Smart move. Much smarter than waving a handgun drunkenly.

Richie Rich
04-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Just an approximation.

Dead
04-09-2005, 03:39 PM
Obviously having big friends is preferable. So is knowing how to defend yourself.

Maybe SGS should get into martial arts. I did that for awhile and it has helped my confidence in situations like this.

InchoateHand
04-09-2005, 03:40 PM
I give random drunk people the benefit of the doubt. There is no necessary indication they are frat boys, and perhaps your gun-waving works in upstate NY, but I wouldn't try it everywhere.

SGS
04-09-2005, 03:42 PM
I don't really care about fighting people. Martial arts is not something I am terribly interested in.

The thing that really annoyed me is almost all of me and my other friend are big guys and more than willing to fight/get in peoples faces. My freind and I were saying how if any of them were there this never would have happened in the first place. On a side note once we got to the bar and met up with some of our friends and told them what happened they wanted to go find the guys and beat the [censored] out of them. This never happened.

SGS

Richie Rich
04-09-2005, 03:43 PM
Use the cute, little leather-covered pepper spray that girls put on their keychains. Downwind.

daryn
04-09-2005, 03:43 PM
am i really the only guy who thinks avoiding the confrontation is the BEST IDEA? even if i "knew martial arts" and was very confident in kicking a[/b]ss (i am anyway ha ha) i still would not want to fight.

Arnfinn Madsen
04-09-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So my friend and I get seperated somehow and one of them follow me and one follows my friend while the other apparently lost interest. My guy continues to say I'd [censored] you up blah blah blah. I am walking away sayin leave me alone I know you'd [censored] me up. He then lunges like he's about to chase me so I take off. My friend says he sees this from afar and sees the guy hassling me trip onthe railroad tracks as he chasing me. This made me feel a little bit better. The funny thing is though the guy that was hassling my friend totally calmed down. It started out "Why you talkin [censored]?" My friend, "I wasn't." Hassler "Oh, you smoke weed?"

I was like what the [censored] why'd I get the crazy guy. My guy apparently came over to my friend and the other hassler and was asking my friend why I was talkin [censored]. For some reason this guy was dead set on me. Anyways I just felt kinda weak for running, but apparently I had no other choice.

SGS

[/ QUOTE ]

good read /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dead
04-09-2005, 03:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
am i really the only guy who thinks avoiding the confrontation is the BEST IDEA? even if i "knew martial arts" and was very confident in kicking a[/b]ss (i am anyway ha ha) i still would not want to fight.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the best idea. Didn't I say walk away?

But as Malcolm X said,

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

daryn
04-09-2005, 03:49 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

It is the best idea. Didn't I say walk away?

But as Malcolm X said,

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

[/ QUOTE ]

oh cool. what ever happened to malcolm x?

InchoateHand
04-09-2005, 03:50 PM
Pow.

Dead
04-09-2005, 03:51 PM
He was killed by a Nation of Islam member. It has nothing to do with this. He wasn't killed because he espoused the philosophy embodied by that quote above.

SGS
04-09-2005, 03:51 PM
I stop, turn around with my hands in my pockets and say we didn't say anything if you want to punch me go ahead, I am not fighting back. I was trying to decide if he would actually punch someone with no interest, hands in the pocket, dead set on not fighting. I decided what would more likely happen is that he would shove me to the ground and from there I don't know. Thoughts on this?

SGS

Arnfinn Madsen
04-09-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good principle, dead. But the gun does not have the scaring effect. I have been in 3 situations where somebody has pulled a gun and each time it just provoked a lot of anger (2 out of 3 times somebody attacked the man with the gun as response). People deny to be intimidated that way. If you pull it, you have to be prepared to use it and that crosses some boundaries.

Dead
04-09-2005, 03:53 PM
You don't have to load it you know.

InchoateHand
04-09-2005, 03:58 PM
I think running is better.

If you do your stand-still pacifist, you are still liable to get shoved to the ground, and possibly kicked a few times in the ribs/face. That would suck. Running keeps your beautiful

Beerfund
04-09-2005, 04:00 PM
LMAO, typical nerdy poker player responses. RUNNNNNNN! I'm not saying fighting is cool but sometimes you just gotta fight. What would you do if, after being seperated, you saw your friend getting his face beat in? Run away? Probably.

This is just sad,

[ QUOTE ]
My friend and I are not fighters, neither of us have ever been in a fight

[/ QUOTE ]

You're old enough to go to bars but you've never been in a fight? I realize this is probably the case for %90 of the posters here so don't bother telling me that. Getting your a$$ kicked isn't the end of the world but atleast you can still look at yourself in a mirror.

Dead
04-09-2005, 04:01 PM
Running is ok I guess, but as I said before, do not talk [censored] to the people before you run. This almost guarantees that if you fall down, you are going to get a thorough beat down.

Beerfund
04-09-2005, 04:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I stop, turn around with my hands in my pockets and say we didn't say anything if you want to punch me go ahead, I am not fighting back. I was trying to decide if he would actually punch someone with no interest, hands in the pocket, dead set on not fighting. I decided what would more likely happen is that he would shove me to the ground and from there I don't know. Thoughts on this?

SGS

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea, just make sure you have a little baggy with you to big up your teeth.

SGS
04-09-2005, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What would you do if, after being seperated, you saw your friend getting his face beat in? Run away? Probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't even know me and you think I have no loyalty to my friends. If this was happening I would not run. Then I would not be able to look at myself in the mirror.

[ QUOTE ]
Getting your a$$ kicked isn't the end of the world but atleast you can still look at yourself in a mirror.

[/ QUOTE ]

It makes it a lot easier to look at myself in the mirror when my face isn't all [censored] up.

SGS

Dead
04-09-2005, 04:08 PM
Pay no attention to Beerfund.

You don't really want to lose your entire top row of teeth, do you?

There is nothing wrong with wanting to avoid getting the [censored] kicked out of you. If you think that you have a good chance of getting away by running then, by all means, do it

daryn
04-09-2005, 04:09 PM
You don't have to load it you know.

[/ QUOTE ]

carrying an unloaded gun is way dumber than carrying a loaded gun.

daryn
04-09-2005, 04:11 PM
LMAO, typical nerdy poker player responses. RUNNNNNNN! I'm not saying fighting is cool but sometimes you just gotta fight. What would you do if, after being seperated, you saw your friend getting his face beat in? Run away? Probably.

This is just sad,

[/ QUOTE ]

you run because you can, and because it's smart. if my friend was getting beat up, well then i can't run, and i will fight. it's easy.

Daliman
04-09-2005, 04:18 PM
Fold.

Beerfund
04-09-2005, 04:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is just sad,

[/ QUOTE ]

you run because you can, and because it's smart. if my friend was getting beat up, well then i can't run, and i will fight. it's easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, there's just something so weak about running away. I just couldn't do it. The town I live in is kinda small and people are always trying to start fights and I ALWAYS try to avoid it and walk away but if they persisted I would never run.

Daliman
04-09-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The 1% that don't usually either have a gun on THEM or hknow you won't use it though.

CCx
04-09-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
am i really the only guy who thinks avoiding the confrontation is the BEST IDEA?

[/ QUOTE ]

no, but tough guys dont run - and the internet is full of tough guys

if it were me i'd just keep walking but the second they put a hand on me or my friend, it's on

Arnfinn Madsen
04-09-2005, 04:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is just sad,

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know, there's just something so weak about running away. I just couldn't do it. The town I live in is kinda small and people are always trying to start fights and I ALWAYS try to avoid it and walk away but if they persisted I would never run.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would never run away, beerfund; because I could not forgive myself after, but I still think it is silly to advice others not to run away when it is the logical option.

It is kind of a one-time choice. Either you run away in all those situation or you stay in all those situations. If you stay, after 2-3 times you will know the psychology to avoid being knocked down. However I would never advice anyone to do it.

InchoateHand
04-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Beerfund, for all his toughness, clearly doesn't realize what a real shitkicking looks like. Collarbones and ribs snap easily. Multiple root canals suck. Getting your nose reset sucks. Being unable to see out of your eyes sucks. Unlike in the movies, people don't walk away from a real stomping.

Beerfund
04-09-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Beerfund, for all his toughness, clearly doesn't realize what a real shitkicking looks like. Collarbones and ribs snap easily. Multiple root canals suck. Getting your nose reset sucks. Being unable to see out of your eyes sucks. Unlike in the movies, people don't walk away from a real stomping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you shytting me? It would take me all day to list all the broken bones, seperated joints, massive bleeding and broken teeth I've gotten while fighting. Believe me I know what a real a$$ kicking is and it aint nothin nice but getting beat up once or twice in your lifetime isn't that horrible.

Dead
04-09-2005, 04:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It would take me all day to list all the broken bones, seperated joints, massive bleeding and broken teeth I've gotten while fighting.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not from fighting once or twice.

That doesn't impress girls either. They don't want guys with scars all over them.

They also don't like guys who have a habit of getting into fights.

slickpoppa
04-09-2005, 04:48 PM
I'm 6'6", 250lbs, so I would have kicked the sh*t out of all three of them by myself. Oh, I forgot to mention that I also have a 13 inch cock and fvck supermodels daily.

Daliman
04-09-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you shytting me? It would take me all day to list all the broken bones, seperated joints, massive bleeding and broken teeth I've gotten while fighting. Believe me I know what a real a$$ kicking is and it aint nothin nice but getting beat up once or twice in your lifetime isn't that horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's pretty bad if it's for no reason whatsoever. TO some, because they started talking chit and threatened you is good enough, but not to most.

As an aside, in one of his books, Penn Jillette of Penn and Teller relates a story from when he was younger, the jist of which was he was eating at a fast food restaurant and some big guy (funny him saying that, his like 6'6" 275) did something stupid which made Penn laugh. The big guy comes over to Penn's seat and says something to the effect of "get up, i'm gonna kick the chit out of you." Penn, believeing him, did one of the smartest things I have ever heard in my life. He grabbed his shake and dumped it over his own head. The guy just looked at him oddly, laughed, and walked away.

The moral of the story here, of course, is to always carry a shake with you, but a malt will do in a pinch /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Dead
04-09-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm 6'6", 250lbs, so I would have kicked the sh*t out of all three of them by myself. Oh, I forgot to mention that I also have a 13 inch cock and fvck supermodels daily.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well you're also sup bro, so that's not surprising. Sup Bro looks to be about 6'6" 250, and I don't doubt that he has a 13 inch cock and fucks supermodels daily.

Beerfund
04-09-2005, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It would take me all day to list all the broken bones, seperated joints, massive bleeding and broken teeth I've gotten while fighting.

[/ QUOTE ]

That doesn't impress girls either. They don't want guys with scars all over them.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all true, fortunately I have many redeeming qualties to overcome these flaws for the ladies /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Like I said before, I don' tlike fighting and try to avoid it but shyt happens. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Dead
04-09-2005, 04:56 PM
[censored] does happen, but it sounds like you go for looking it. Just my humble opinion.

I've only been in one fight in my life(I should add that it was in elementary school).

InchoateHand
04-09-2005, 04:58 PM
No offense, but your litany of injuries is precisely what many people want to avoid.

Especially the nagging ones--it sucks, years later, to have massively reduced mobility in, say, your index finger. I can't click on poker tables for more than a few hours all because the reconstructive surgery on my right hand left in place bits of bone and foreign material that produced a granuloma that gradually chewed through the tissue on my index finger joint. It was a small, insignificant scrap that produced this situation, but the day-to-day irritation, rather than severe pain at any point, certainly would have been worth deescalating the situation.

partygirluk
04-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Tell them you are friends with Sup Bro.

Dead
04-09-2005, 04:59 PM
I'm friends with a guy who had 15 tackles for losses in 95.

He used to collapse the pocket regularly.

I'm sure that this will impress them for about 2 seconds, and then they will proceed to kick the [censored] out of you.

Girchuck
04-09-2005, 05:03 PM
I've been in this situation, but I was alone. Not only did I ran as soon as they changed course and followed me, I ran and screamed like a little girl. They did not pursue. I suppose, if there were two of you, its a little tougher to decide to run screaming.

[censored]
04-09-2005, 05:17 PM
Running to some type of public place is the best option, if this is a college town anything like mine or a downtown there are bound to be cops all over the place, maybe you can find one.

Also if you have a cell phone I would have taken it out called 911 and explained the situation and then informed them that I did. Situations like this are what the police are for, to protect you.

As for a gun, this is the absolutely dumbest ieda possible. Worse than fighting. What exactly are you going to do if these druken idiots assume you are bluffing and charge you. Shoot them? You use a gun when you have no other choice but to basically kill someone. Not to save face.

DavidC
04-09-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So me and my friend are walking along last night to a bar. We have been drinkin a little bit and on our way to the bar on the opposite side of the street these three guys who are all bigger than us start yellin at us. They are sayin stuff like You guys talkin [censored]? You wanna talk some [censored] now. They were walking the opposite direction than we were. So at first my friend and I just try to ignore it and figure they will leave us alone. My friend turns around and sees them sprint to our side of the street and quickly walking up behind us. they continue to say how we talked [censored] yadda yadda yadda. Mind you we did not say a word to them and I don't think we were talkin loud enough to each other for them to hear us. So anyways they follow us for a while and are pretty close to us. We continue to walk and are telling them we didn't say anything to them leave us alone we're goin to the bars. My friend and I are not fighters, neither of us have ever been in a fight and all three of these guys were bigger than us. Anyways these guys are walking faster and faster and obviosly have it in to fight someone. What would you guys do in this situation?

SGS

[/ QUOTE ]

Run / duck into a public building nearby, preferably a place with cameras. Call the cops: drunk and disorderly...

You'll have to tell them taht they did something or you thought you saw them do something (better idea) to get them to come quickly though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If you can't talk these guys into leaving you alone, there isn't a safe place nearby, and you don't have it in you to gouge their eyes and throats out, smash their nuts and jump on their head til they stop moving, though, you have to just run as fast as your poker-attrophed legs can carry you. Period.

--Dave.

I hope everything worked out.

Here's my order, though:

1) Talk
2) Run
3) Etc.

Edit: After reading the thread, screaming like a girl whlie you run may be a great idea!

DavidC
04-09-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for Raymer.

bholdr
04-09-2005, 06:48 PM
let 'em have it. do not fu** around, these assholes are looking for trouble- if you're SURE that they're gonna jump you-

i'm generally against playing dirty pool, but i can handle myself. if you guys had no realistic chance of winning a fair fight, it's time for some "testicles, meet boot". or some such. there are many ways to win a fight where you're overmatched- 90% of them involve striking first. remember that.

if you drop the leader, the others will back down, 99% of the time. punch him in the throat, knee him in the solar plexus (the bottom of the strenum), kick him in the nuts, let him get up in your face and head-butt him on the chin, or if you can throw a competent punch, ring his bell- right in the chin- take aim, COMMITT to it, floor the [censored]. If there is something thretening handy, use it. a peice of rebar, a bottle, a fire extinguisher (my fav), etc. they should back down if you have a weapon.

If you're sure that these guys are gonna fight you, DO NOT LET THEM STRIKE FIRST.

On the other hand...

If you're not so sure, offer to buy 'em a drink. usually works. i've been a situation where a dude with NO CHANCE wanted to fight me, but i bought him a drink and all was cool. remember that discresion is the better part of valor. swallow your pride.

OR, you could run like bitches. there is no shame in running away from a fight if you know you cannot win.

Huhmare
04-09-2005, 06:56 PM
GO TO GYM!

Beerfund
04-09-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OR, you could run like bitches. there is no shame in running away from a fight if you know you cannot win.

[/ QUOTE ]

Something about this sentence doesn't seem right.......hmmmmmm run away.....no shame.......bitches.... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

bholdr
04-09-2005, 07:06 PM
there is no shame in running like a bitch, if the other option is getting your ass handed to you, like a bitch.

daryn
04-09-2005, 07:08 PM
i still say there is no shame in walking away from a fight even if you are the clear favorite. i think that's the part people are missing about my stance.

Beerfund
04-09-2005, 07:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i still say there is no shame in walking away from a fight even if you are the clear favorite. i think that's the part people are missing about my stance.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course there isn't but there is a huge diference between walking away and running away.

A_C_Slater
04-09-2005, 07:18 PM
Would you run away from a Tiger if it was chasing you? What about a German Shepard? Your mistake is treating them like they are people. They are Apes. Mad Apes. Treat them no different than you would treat an angry Gorilla that suddenly sees you walking through his territory. Just avoid it in the best way possible, be it running or hiding or climbing up the side of a building out of its reach.

Uglyowl
04-09-2005, 08:23 PM
I would say something about brown trout. Maybe they are part of the gang and things would turn around for the better.

Voltron87
04-09-2005, 08:37 PM
The lines are, from worst to best:

4 Start fighting them. They are all bigger than you, and probably drunk. Whenever you are fighting you should plan on getting the first blow. If you throw the first punch here you are guaranteed a huge fight, since they will not react kindly to it. Plus you are outnumbered. So even if you and your friend nail your punches, there's still one more guy. You will get destroyed, especially since they want to fight and are drunk. An alternative fighting line is to come.

3 Pull a gun. This is retarded. If you pull a gun, you had better be prepared to use it and know how to show it. Pulling a gun ups the ante, it is asking for a bigger confrontation. If you pull a gun, there fight ends one of these ways:

a. You use it. Good.
b. You don't use it, and get killed. Bad.
c. They slowly back away. Good.
d. They pull their guns out/ call their posse. Bad.

This line has very high variance. There is nothing pulling a gun gets you that running doesn't.

2 Starting the fight you can win with a knockout blow. This would include using a baseball bat, something to that nature. You basically have to strike first and lay one of them out causing them to think twice. This line requires you to back it up if it doesn't go well, if you run after hitting first they might kill you. This only works if you start a fight you can win, ie you have a weapon, and can put one of them out. High risk.

1 Here are the running options, by far the best choices.

If you think they are faster than you: You can run towards a safe public spot, a gas station, anywhere with other people. This either dissuades them from fighting or assures help for you. This involves running into some place. You are relying on getting to a safe haven, not necessarily outrunning them.

If you are faster than them: Wing it. Run for your life.

Voltron87
04-09-2005, 08:44 PM
I posted my reply to this utterly moronic line at the bottom.

Dead
04-09-2005, 08:48 PM
Which moronic line are you referring to? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Voltron87
04-09-2005, 08:51 PM
Pulling a gun.

Dead
04-09-2005, 08:54 PM
I didn't suggest it for people who don't know what the [censored] they're doing.

Obviously you shouldn't pull it out if you aren't prepared to use it.

Voltron87
04-09-2005, 08:59 PM
It's not even about being prepared to use it. It escalates the conflict, which is bad for the OP.

Dead
04-09-2005, 09:02 PM
I wouldn't pull a gun unless I was attacked. But once they place a hand on you, well [censored] them. Shoot their kneecaps out.

James282
04-09-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Daryn - you are exactly right. What the [censored] is the point of kicking someone's ass? I've been in 3 fights in my life, 1 ended in me getting stabbed and almost bleeding to death, one involved me punching someone once and running for the hills, and one involved me being punched, and kicking the guy in the knee and then punching him in the face. Then my fraternity brothers chased him down and really beat him badly. 2 of these fights were me getting jumped, and the other was someone breaking into my house when I was at school.

Fighting is totally retarded. There is no reason to fight when you can avoid it. The one of these that worked out best for me was the one where I ran away...considering the fight where the guy got crushed by my fraternity brothers ended with them facing disciplinary action from my college and the state of PA. But yeah, at least they felt badass.

But that gun idea is easily the worst, lol.
-James

SGS
04-09-2005, 09:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
GO TO GYM!

[/ QUOTE ]

I do.

SGS

Klepton
04-09-2005, 10:50 PM
i'm glad you ran, other than getting sweaty and messing up your hair, you did fine.

i ran once, but he was faster, luckily i was close enough to the dorms that my friend heard me getting the [censored] beating outta me, and helped me get the guy off

he then ran away

gamblore99
04-09-2005, 10:55 PM
How has no one mentioned the fact that walking around with a gun is makes you incredibly stupid?

Even if having one would improve your situation, I wouldn't want to be that sketchy guy who walks around with a gun just in case the very odd chance that someone decides to talk some [censored]. Man, that guy is so sketch...

I like the OP's solution to, though it is riskay

Daliman
04-09-2005, 10:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, something tells me this sentence is not congruent...

tolbiny
04-09-2005, 11:09 PM
agreed.

willie
04-09-2005, 11:21 PM
straight up bolt

i hate your response of turning around with your hands in your pockets to try to talk to them, never have your hands in your pockets if there is the slightest inkling of a brew ha ha. if someone takes a swing and your hands are stuck in your pockets, you're going down SO hard....good god.

just keep walking....and then, if all else seems lost, run, run like the wind.

Sponger15SB
04-09-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

and daryn, just for the record, what is your height and weight? cause you could probably do serious damage so your stance on fighting is very smart.

Its funny, the realllll ass kickers, guys who are trained in boxing and martial arts and stuff never get into fights.

Beerfund
04-09-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How has no one mentioned the fact that walking around with a gun is makes you incredibly stupid?

Even if having one would improve your situation, I wouldn't want to be that sketchy guy who walks around with a gun just in case the very odd chance that someone decides to talk some [censored]. Man, that guy is so sketch...

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been mentioned.....multiple times..... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

TimM
04-09-2005, 11:56 PM
Some random observations:

If you know you can win the fight, it makes running feel a lot less shameful. But fighting either way would be stupid. If nothing else it could cost you a lot, legally and medically, even if you win.

Pulling a gun and using it on unarmed attackers would be even worse. Yes it was self defense, but can you prove it? Ever hear of Bernard Goetz? (http://www.heroism.org/class/1980/goetz.htm)

When you ran, splitting up was good as they can't outnumber both of you that way, giving a better chance for one of you to get help. It also helped that only one was really motivated to fight.

I've read that if you are alone and you think the guy who just turned to follow you is a potential mugger, reaching into your pocket while you continue to walk, as if you might have some kind of weapon, might make them back off. But to put both hands in your pockets and stop sounds like a bad idea.

I might have missed it, but did neither of them have a cell phone?

Stuey
04-10-2005, 12:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Mind you we did not say a word to them and I don't think we were talkin loud enough to each other for them to hear us.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you talk [censored] about them to your friend and they overheard something you didn't want them to hear? It does not matter though you did the right thing. And they were in the wrong for turning it physical when they liked the odds.

Don't feel safe in a public area it is safer but not much. If you think you can win a fight there is no reason to fight. You will be wrong sometimes and when your not you will have to hurt the guy pretty bad before it is over if it is a real fight. And winning can feel worse than losing.

B00T
04-10-2005, 12:29 AM
THROW YOUR CARDS IN THE AIR AND RUN AWAY SCREAMING.

Where is AngryCola??

gamblore99
04-10-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been mentioned.....multiple times..... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I read through the whole thing, didn't see any. People talked about how pulling a gun is stupid/dangerous, but not about the stupidity of walking around with a gun all the time. They are seperate points.

nothumb
04-10-2005, 02:30 AM
I think I would act like I was retarded. See how long I could keep it up. Maybe they would take us to the bar and try to get the retards drunk.

NT

InchoateHand
04-10-2005, 02:34 AM
And that would distinguish this night from any other, how?

somethingstupid
04-10-2005, 02:41 AM
I agree with all the discussion about how getting in the fight is a bad idea. Also, there has been talk about how you should carry a gun. In the situation, you were not carrying a gun, so that is NOT HELPFUL. What you really need is a way to defuse the situation. Here's what I suggest.

Something along the lines of "hey bro it's Sat (Fri, Tuesday, whatever) night, we're just trying to have a good time, go out, meet some girls." Usually if you can be cheesy / friendly enough, it's impossible for drunk people to dislike you. Your priority here is to STEER the conversation away from violence / [censored] talking to : anything else. The easiest subject? Drugs / alcohol / women. I hate to be results oriented, but your friend's "assailant" immediatly switched the convo to weed.

I hope this advice helped, it's what I usually follow myself. PS I am hammered right now.

bholdr
04-10-2005, 05:03 AM
see my post: it was conditional upon being SURE you were about to be jumped.

also, it's easy to walk away from a fight when you're the "clear favorite"

DBowling
04-10-2005, 05:14 AM
maybe im a pussy, but i stick around the most well lit and most crowded place i can find. if they start [censored], i will defend myself, but i want it to be clear to everyone around us who started the [censored], and that we were clearly acting in self defense. i dont want to go to jail for [censored] some punks up

bholdr
04-10-2005, 05:20 AM
if one can run like a bitch and not get beat up, or stand and get beat like a bitch, i'll take being the bitch with an un-broken nose, any day.

i have run like a bitch before, btw. i have also been beat like a bitch, and beaten people like bitches. bitch, bitch, bitch.

running is the most +EV in any case. I advocate running or defusing the situation as the first option in any case. also, if one thinks that the dude only wants to punch you once, i'll take one punch in the name of not starting a big to-do. i'll even admit that i'm weak/ a pussy, etc, in order to avoid a big fight. My post was conditional upon being sure these guys were ready to deliver an ass-whoopin', which i WILL fight to avoid, and am willing to deliver one in the process. for the record, i have been in exactly three (what i would consider) 'real' fights. i am 2 and 1.

i'll get into a fight willingly only when i know i will win. this makes me a bitch too, i suppose. the '1' was a miscalculation provoked by alcoholic overconfidance, and it was a freind that delivered the whoopin', and i fought like a man, no dirty pool. i could have won easily if i fought like a bitch (then again, i suppose he could've too). we are still freinds.

bitch, bitch, bitch.

I am also drunk right now. sry.

BTW, i stand by "do not screw around" if you think a dude wants to whoop yer ass, fer gods sake, people, hit him first. hit 'em hard. do not screw around. there is nothing quite so dangerous as a tough guy that you've just tapped on the nose. don't screw around!

Chris_P
04-10-2005, 09:39 AM
say something about you being in a hurry as there mums are waiting for you back at your house. Your going down, but your going down in style...

or what one of my mates did when he was about to be beaten up did, simply speak extremely loudly saying "your not interested in buying any cocaine" then shouting "these men are drug dealers these men are drug dealers." of course this may simply antagonize them further so could be a bad idea....

Chris_P
04-10-2005, 09:40 AM
say something about you being in a hurry as there mums are waiting for you back at your house. Your going down, but your going down in style...

or what one of my mates did when he was about to be beaten up did, simply speak extremely loudly saying "i'm not interested in buying any cocaine" then shouting "these men are drug dealers these men are drug dealers." of course this may simply antagonize them further so could be a bad idea....

Zoltri
04-10-2005, 10:21 AM
Tell them your Dad is a cop.

zaxx19
04-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Is this a joke?

Im really a large, "tough" looking guy so I dont have much experience in this sort of stuff, but I would think keeping your head down, shutting up, and a continued walk would be fine.

Most crazy drunk guys arent gonna cold cock you from behind.

Zoltri
04-10-2005, 10:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
This is a very naive statement.

Voltron87
04-10-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Two things:

1. Don't underestimate drunk people who want to fight. You're also at a disadvantage here, since everything will hurt you more than it hurts them.

2. They don't care that your dad is a cop.

Matty
04-10-2005, 11:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't underestimate drunk people who want to fight. You're also at a disadvantage here, since everything will hurt you more than it hurts them.

[/ QUOTE ]Don't fight much do you? Adrenaline numbs pain, and fighting a drunk is the easiest thing in the world. There are some drugs which could give a person an advantage, but never alchohol.

nef
04-10-2005, 11:06 AM
A lot of silly advice about guns. A CCW is a very serious deadly force option and only used to prevent your own death or serious harm. Brandishing a gun is a felony, even if you have a CCW. Even if you lawfully defend yourself with a CCW expect to spend beaucoup $$$ in civil and/or criminal court proving it. Thankfully before a person is awarded a CCW they undergo training and learn that if they just start waving a gun around because some bullies are bothering them they will probably be prosecuted and lose all of their gun rights.

In this situation the best thing to do is either continue walking, or offer to buy them a beer.

I can't stand assholes like this. Why can't people mind their own business.

You could have also reported them to the police. Getting arrested would probably ruin their night.

zaxx19
04-10-2005, 11:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive never in my life seen a drunk dude come up from behind of someone walking away from them and coldcock them.

Like I said, Im large, and a mean looking MF, perhaps this skews what I see and or experience.

In fact, I may have been one of those jackasses once or twice....but I probably was only intending to emasculate you infront of a pal not assault you.

Voltron87
04-10-2005, 11:30 AM
I have been in fights before, I'm just saying if the people are drunk/crazy/want to fight and you are sober and trying to avoid it... they will absorb more than you. I didn't work it that well though.

theBruiser500
04-10-2005, 12:12 PM
i don't like running and i don't like walking away from them and talking defensively that invites them to keep on coming. turn and talk to them, just tell them you are not looking for a fight.

theBruiser500
04-10-2005, 12:17 PM
how could you get seperated from your friend?? on the one hand when they are not in a group they are less likely to act crazy but on the other hand it just doesn't seem like a good idea to split up.

jimymat
04-10-2005, 02:02 PM
Never split up. Didnt you guys see Boyz in The Hood?

Bluffoon
04-10-2005, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

SGS

[/ QUOTE ]

You stand up for yourself and take your beating like a man. You can replace teeth but you can't replace your dignity.

Also these guys are bullies. Bullies are cowards. Cowards like to frighten people they perceive as weaker. If you stand up for yourself and dont act scared they will get nervous because that isn't the beahviour they expect from outnumbered and smaller people.

Voltron87
04-10-2005, 02:09 PM
If you're outnumbered and outmatched there is nothing cowardly about running.

Blarg
04-10-2005, 02:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Exactly. Unless you want to shoot someone, don't wave a gun in public. You are inviting everyone else to.

The thing about big friends, is they help preclude the possibility of this situation. If you don't look like an easy target, drunken people looking for trouble will look elsewhere. There is no [censored] reason to escalate the situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Showing a gun or a knife is a crime called "Brandishing" in some states. If cops get in on it, you WILL be spending the night in jail at least, and maybe a lot more time than that.

Just something to think about, is all.

Blarg
04-10-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not ignore in an obnoxious way, but just continue doing what you are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

A drunk can't tell the difference, a freak doesn't care about the difference, and a coward is afraid his friends won't be able to tell the difference.

Blarg
04-10-2005, 02:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This is just sad,

[ QUOTE ]
My friend and I are not fighters, neither of us have ever been in a fight

[/ QUOTE ]

You're old enough to go to bars but you've never been in a fight? I realize this is probably the case for %90 of the posters here so don't bother telling me that. Getting your a$$ kicked isn't the end of the world but atleast you can still look at yourself in a mirror.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most people who figure their friends will back them up in a fight, especially if it looks like they have a good chance of losing, are in for a big surprise.

Blarg
04-10-2005, 02:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thugs and merely thuggish guys I've known have never had any problem getting women. Quite the opposite. And although it's a cliche, plenty of chicks DO dig scars. Hell, some women are more dangerous than men, trying to get their guys into fights every time they go out.

SpearsBritney
04-10-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

SGS

[/ QUOTE ]

You stand up for yourself and take your beating like a man. You can replace teeth but you can't replace your dignity.

Also these guys are bullies. Bullies are cowards. Cowards like to frighten people they perceive as weaker. If you stand up for yourself and dont act scared they will get nervous because that isn't the beahviour they expect from outnumbered and smaller people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Real teeth &gt; Dignity

Blarg
04-10-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
your poker-attrophed legs

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

Blarg
04-10-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The lines are, from worst to best:

4 Start fighting them. They are all bigger than you, and probably drunk. Whenever you are fighting you should plan on getting the first blow. If you throw the first punch here you are guaranteed a huge fight, since they will not react kindly to it. Plus you are outnumbered. So even if you and your friend nail your punches, there's still one more guy. You will get destroyed, especially since they want to fight and are drunk. An alternative fighting line is to come.

3 Pull a gun. This is retarded. If you pull a gun, you had better be prepared to use it and know how to show it. Pulling a gun ups the ante, it is asking for a bigger confrontation. If you pull a gun, there fight ends one of these ways:

a. You use it. Good.
b. You don't use it, and get killed. Bad.
c. They slowly back away. Good.
d. They pull their guns out/ call their posse. Bad.

This line has very high variance. There is nothing pulling a gun gets you that running doesn't.

2 Starting the fight you can win with a knockout blow. This would include using a baseball bat, something to that nature. You basically have to strike first and lay one of them out causing them to think twice. This line requires you to back it up if it doesn't go well, if you run after hitting first they might kill you. This only works if you start a fight you can win, ie you have a weapon, and can put one of them out. High risk.

1 Here are the running options, by far the best choices.

If you think they are faster than you: You can run towards a safe public spot, a gas station, anywhere with other people. This either dissuades them from fighting or assures help for you. This involves running into some place. You are relying on getting to a safe haven, not necessarily outrunning them.

If you are faster than them: Wing it. Run for your life.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with shooting people is even if the guys don't tell, and you don't tell, your friends will.

It's too good a story.

So if you don't want to go to jail after shooting one of those guys, you have to shoot the other ones too, and then shoot both your friends.

gamblore99
04-10-2005, 03:00 PM
The idea of buying them a beer is a good idea. I think you guys could have a good time out, or you could just keep buying them beers till they cant stand up at all. Then kick their asses, or drive/cab them to the middle of nowhere. Find someway to really screw them over.

Blarg
04-10-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've read that if you are alone and you think the guy who just turned to follow you is a potential mugger, reaching into your pocket while you continue to walk, as if you might have some kind of weapon, might make them back off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did that once, and it worked fine. Even if they think you're probably full of crap, who wants to find out the hard way?

tripdad
04-10-2005, 03:04 PM
guys with as many tatoos as you have tend not to get picked on like this. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cheers!

Blarg
04-10-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. People hit each other from behind all the time. People hit guys way smaller than them all the time. People do all kinds of effed up cowardly stuff, and they don't feel bad about it -- they think it's hilarious. And once you're hurt and at a disadvantage, the predatory instinct goes through the roof. If you get knocked down from behind, prepare to get kicked.

Maybe if you visibly [censored] yourself, you might get a little mercy or start crying like a baby.

Blarg
04-10-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/ QUOTE ]

Ive never in my life seen a drunk dude come up from behind of someone walking away from them and coldcock them.

Like I said, Im large, and a mean looking MF, perhaps this skews what I see and or experience.

In fact, I may have been one of those jackasses once or twice....but I probably was only intending to emasculate you infront of a pal not assault you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how escalated the situation is.

That depends on who the provokers are and what's going on in their heads. Which you will never know.

Add in any racial differences and you've got the voltage running at catastrophic levels, too.

zaxx19
04-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Wow, I must not live in the same world you do personally.

All of the people who have taken swings at me have been white.

And pretty much anybody ive ever wanted to or have taken a swing at has also been white.

Blarg
04-10-2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah, where I grew up, I was usually the only white kid on the block, if not the whole neighborhood. I was a walking, glow in the dark bullseye.

Ulysses
04-11-2005, 05:07 AM
I believe the standard OOT response in this situation is to step up to them and beat their asses, probably get into some sort of gunfight or something too.

Jules22
04-11-2005, 05:15 AM
pull out that strap and start clappin`. bunch of gangstas in here i see.

also, i dont know why anybody hasnt suggested noting what those guys look like/drive, then running away, and [censored] them up with a brick to the head/slashed tires later on when they arent expecting it. i guess im the only revenge minded poster :/

Rick Diesel
04-11-2005, 01:04 PM
Nothing gets peoples attention like a rape victim. Start screaming "THIS GUY'S TRYING TO RAPE ME!" as loud as you can. People will look, the [censored] will run away.

Shajen
04-11-2005, 01:27 PM
responding here cause I'm too lazy to scroll up to the OP...

Dude, if nothing else, this should serve as a warning to you.

Pay attention to your surroundings. Try to avoid situations where bad things can happen.

Its late at night, you're in an area where nothing is open, and no help available.

Be more aware. Glad nothing serious happened.

M2d
04-11-2005, 01:34 PM
keep on walking (probably pick up the pace a bit) until you get to a more populated area. then, in a loud voice, say "for the last time, I am not the guy you picked up at (insert local gay bar name) last night. please leave me alone, as I'm late for my date with your mother"

chaas4747
04-11-2005, 01:44 PM
You and your brother Kip should have showed them your numchuck skills.

Blarg
04-11-2005, 03:40 PM
Or you could shout out, "Okay, 25 bucks for straight sex -- how much for a half and half?"