PDA

View Full Version : QQ On The Bubble Play . . .

EasilyFound
04-09-2005, 09:30 AM
I had built up my stack to this point from t780 by pushing to take the blinds, like you guys have taught me, five times. Nobody had called any of those times. So, here, I decided to slow down hoping to get one caller and play a hand to get more than a blind steal if possible. Was that reasoning wrong? Were the blinds simply to big to do anything else but push at this point? I didn't figure that two people would play this hand. I figured that if anyone was going to play that they would push back and everyone else would fold, unless someone else had a monster hand.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1465)
BB (t3755)
Hero (t1380)
Button (t1400)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t600</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls t500, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t1000</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1380 (All-In)</font>, SB calls t780, BB calls t380.

Phil Van Sexton
04-09-2005, 09:44 AM
What's the problem? You wanted 1 caller, but you got 2. No big deal because you likely have the best hand.

If you don't have the best hand, your opponent would've called your push with AA/KK anyway, so you are likely to lose your stack no matter what.