PDA

View Full Version : KK vs. 3 Hearts on Flop . . .

EasilyFound
04-09-2005, 09:11 AM
This is a pretty standard hand. But I'm curious to see how people view how I played it on the flop and what they would have done on the turn. This is an $11 SNG. Early on. Don't have a read on the player:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t715)
SB (t945)
BB (t665)
UTG (t1075)
UTG+1 (t230)
UTG+2 (t945)
Hero (t775)
MP2 (t1045)
MP3 (t830)
CO (t775)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls t15, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t80</font>, MP2 calls t80, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, UTG calls t65.

Flop: (t265) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t225</font>, MP2 calls t225, UTG folds.

Turn: (t715) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero ???

J-Lo
04-09-2005, 11:01 AM
I think at the $11's, u grit your teeth, close your eyes, and push-- there are mnay idiots calling down w/ a lonley A of hearts, or K of hearts. if they have 88-QQ even better

sng-sam
04-09-2005, 12:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
u grit your teeth, close your eyes, and push--

[/ QUOTE ]
With only T500 left I think you have to push or check/fold. I think at this level push is probably better. I think he has the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif here.

spentrent
04-09-2005, 01:57 PM
I would push the flop. If someone has an A/images/graemlins/heart.gif (maybe even a K/images/graemlins/heart.gif), you will be called no matter what amount you bet. If those cards aren't out there, you probably won't get any amount called due to unrealistic flopped flush paranoia. So push to take the pot and welcome those 4-flushes who want to gamble.

Hell, you might even be called by any A6 here. I consider this a "push for value" at these tables. With better competition, it's a push for protection. Weird, that.

EasilyFound
04-09-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
u grit your teeth, close your eyes, and push--

[/ QUOTE ]
With only T500 left I think you have to push or check/fold. I think at this level push is probably better. I think he has the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I pushed. He had the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif and the Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif. That's poker. I figured him for the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif and concluded that pushing was the only option given the pot size and my stack.

BradleyT
04-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Edit - nm I see you're wondering what to do since he called the flop bet.

Check/fold or start a new tournament.

EasilyFound
04-09-2005, 03:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think at the $11's, u grit your teeth, close your eyes, and push-- there are mnay idiots calling down w/ a lonley A of hearts, or K of hearts. if they have 88-QQ even better

[/ QUOTE ]

How does play differ is this were a $50 or $100 or $200 SNG? Do you make the same kind of bet on the flop and play more cautiously on the turn after your opponent calls? On this board, people always make a distinction between the low-stakes SNGs and the higher-stakes SNGs. I don't play at the higher-levels, but I accept what the others who have played there say about the level of players. So I'm curious how differently folks would play this at a higher-level SNG.

Thanks.

BradleyT
04-09-2005, 03:18 PM
Well at the higher buyins you're going to find a much lower percentage of players who would have entered the pot (especially after a PFR) with A2s-A9s/Kxs in this situation so a flush is going to be out a much lower percentage of the time. That doesn't mean it's something to be scared of at the lower limits, it's one of the elements that makes ROI so much higher at lower limits (flush chasers, especially flush draw chasers who call off their stack).