PDA

View Full Version : Multitabling vs. Moving Up Buy-in Levels (10+1's and 20+2's)

Taraz
04-09-2005, 07:06 AM
I've been playing SNG's at Party/Empire for a few months now and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I played 93 at the 5+1 level with a 44% ITM and a 31% ROI mostly single tabling until I built up enough to go to the 10+1's. I've played 102 at this level mostly single tabling, but multitabling for the last 20-30. At the 10's I have a ITM of 43% and a ROI of 37%. I realize the sample size is tiny, but I thought I'd give you guys a ball park of where I'm at.

I decided that I was doing pretty well so I went to check out the 20+2's. After about 30 or so I have definitely noticed that they are more difficult than the lower levels, but still within my skill level.

So my question is, should I try to concentrate on multitabling the 10's right now or moving up to the 20's and doing the same thing? I'm leaning toward moving up just because they don't seem too much different from the 10's, but maybe 3- and 4-tabling the 10's might be a little more lucrative and/or educational. What do you guys think?

Pepsquad
04-09-2005, 07:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been playing SNG's at Party/Empire for a few months now and I think I'm starting to get the hang of it. I played 93 at the 5+1 level with a 44% ITM and a 31% ROI mostly single tabling until I built up enough to go to the 10+1's. I've played 102 at this level mostly single tabling, but multitabling for the last 20-30. At the 10's I have a ITM of 43% and a ROI of 37%. I realize the sample size is tiny, but I thought I'd give you guys a ball park of where I'm at.

I decided that I was doing pretty well so I went to check out the 20+2's. After about 30 or so I have definitely noticed that they are more difficult than the lower levels, but still within my skill level.

So my question is, should I try to concentrate on multitabling the 10's right now or moving up to the 20's and doing the same thing? I'm leaning toward moving up just because they don't seem too much different from the 10's, but maybe 3- and 4-tabling the 10's might be a little more lucrative and/or educational. What do you guys think?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take this feeback with a grain of salt, because I'm basing it strictly from the numbers you are providing, you may very well be able to move up and kill the 22's as you have the 11's and 6's. That said, with 93 - 5's, and 103 - 11's as your sample size, I would caution you on coming to any conclusions about your game based on this minicule sample. If you have 75 buy-in's for 22's, I can't fault you for moving up with the intention of dropping back down to the 10's if you drop 25 buy-in's. Just be careful. Seems like you're sort of basing your moves up on monetary feasability rather than profitability.

Good luck with it.

Pep.