PDA

View Full Version : Bouncing Sucks

fimbulwinter
04-09-2005, 06:49 AM
Did it all night. Spent my night with lame people trying to keep them away from cool people. Many of them probably could have beat me down if it came down to it.

I have new respect for full-time bouncers. I did it for one party and I never want to do it again.

fim

MelK
04-09-2005, 06:51 AM
How much $$$ did it take to get past you? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Boris
04-09-2005, 02:29 PM
how do you tell the difference between the lame ones and the cool ones.

InchoateHand
04-09-2005, 02:39 PM
The lame ones are outside trying to get in, the cool ones are inside.

Bouncing for parties is far worse than club bouncing, but club bouncing, especially if there are live acts, [censored] sucks.

Yeah, thankfully being short and overweight I don't have the intimidation factor to try out bouncing for any extended period. And I'd never get a job at a place that pays well enough to be worth it anyway.

Boris
04-09-2005, 02:58 PM
but how do the cool ones get inside? are they born there?

ttleistdci
04-09-2005, 03:06 PM
I think it's an election process. When the cool ones die, a lame one is elected and he replaces the deceased cool one.

InchoateHand
04-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Yeah, the lower the number, the longer you have been cool. Its not quite heriditary, but I am proud to say my family's coolness number is in the triple digits--ie safely used at most any venue.

Loci
04-09-2005, 04:06 PM
nah... they hold steel cage death matches to see who among the uncool survive. Survival skills in life/death situations is a critical aspect of overall cool.