PDA

View Full Version : Stop playing! Help!

zaphod
04-09-2005, 06:01 AM
I usually 3 table at the moment and think this is the right amount for me(until i get my new screen anyway).

This seems to be fine for me, not to stressfull, not to boring.

However i have a problem that i face often. Say it is 3 hours past bedtime. I just had a couple of bad beats(at least i think so myself,it might have more to do with bad play though) and finishes two of my three tables. The last table is currently at level 2, and it seems far away from the end... I really know that i should stop playing now. My game is far from my A level, and i am getting really tired. Ok, so i say to myself i surf awhile while i finsih this table. This last for about 5 hands and somehow i find myself starting up 1-2 more tables. Then i wakes up again 2 hour later and find myself playing 1 table at level 2. etc...

Do you guys have the same problem? Any suggestions how to fix it?

Pepsquad
04-09-2005, 06:08 AM
LMAO! Maybe it's just becasue it's early and I'm a little punchy, but I chuckled when I read this b/c I can identify with it. I've done it myself. At some point, you just have to set a time to not start any more tables - no matter how boring one-table gets. I play on UB and one thing I've done that makes the time pass much easier is to grab $2 from the casier and head to the 1c/2c table. Announce to everyone that you're bored and want to donate. Set up the rules for the table that you will never bet and call ALL raises until the $2 is gone. It puts the table in a great mood, and people start talking about where everyone's from, what they do for a living, etc. It's always a cool way to end a session if you're bored and need to wind down.

Pep.

dfscott
04-09-2005, 08:23 AM
I do the same thing. I've looked for things to stop this as well, since most of the time I'm doing this, I've gotten stuck and think "well, maybe I can win one more before I crash."

Suggestions:

1) AIM a buddy or another 2+2'er and whines about bad beats, etc., to kill the time. You can spend a lot of time just chatting about BS.

2) Post some hands from your last set to the forum.

3) Turn on the TV and watch something wierd that Tivo picked.