PDA

View Full Version : Highest VP$IP of a Winning Player at Party $25NL

Brian462
04-09-2005, 05:58 AM
I've been wondering about this. What is everyone's VPIP and how much are you beating the 25's for? My personal results I think are a bit off from having a good run, but as shown in poker tracker I am 15.05% VPIP, winning 25.78 big bets/100 hands. As I said I'm just coming off a good run, but from looking at my roomates stats who plays a nearly identical style to mine, I'd estimate my win rate to come down to 15-20BB/100.

To be a bit more specific. I play all of the obvious hands. JQs and up from EP. I start adding in more suited and non-suited connectors as I get into LP. I limp with all pocket pairs from any position at any table. I don't play KJo and QJo UTG but I add them in LP. Same goes for KTs, QTs, J9s, T8s and maybe a few more gappers. I don't generally play KTo and QTo outside of the blinds except for special situations.

I'd like to figure out whether loosening up more or even tightening up a bit would help my winrate a little. If you don't mind, please post your stats here and possibly a break down of which hands you play.

Thanks.

(Obviously your starting hands will change depending on the situation and the table etc. I am just looking for a general overview here.)

fimbulwinter
04-09-2005, 06:11 AM
thinking about why this is a terrible post will make you a better player.

*drunk*

fim

DavidC
04-09-2005, 06:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've been wondering about this. What is everyone's VPIP and how much are you beating the 25's for? My personal results I think are a bit off from having a good run, but as shown in poker tracker I am 15.05% VPIP, winning 25.78 big bets/100 hands. As I said I'm just coming off a good run, but from looking at my roomates stats who plays a nearly identical style to mine, I'd estimate my win rate to come down to 15-20BB/100.

To be a bit more specific. I play all of the obvious hands. JQs and up from EP. I start adding in more suited and non-suited connectors as I get into LP. I limp with all pocket pairs from any position at any table. I don't play KJo and QJo UTG but I add them in LP. Same goes for KTs, QTs, J9s, T8s and maybe a few more gappers. I don't generally play KTo and QTo outside of the blinds except for special situations.

I'd like to figure out whether loosening up more or even tightening up a bit would help my winrate a little. If you don't mind, please post your stats here and possibly a break down of which hands you play.

Thanks.

(Obviously your starting hands will change depending on the situation and the table etc. I am just looking for a general overview here.)

[/ QUOTE ]

how many hands have you played?

I'm still trying to figure out the game, but so far I've had a really good run: 2737 hands, 29/100, 23 vpip, 8 pfr.

I think I need a higher pfr and maybe just slightly lower vpip... and if I get dealt aces every hand that would help too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I come from the micros, where reasonable hand size is 20k-30k for sampling winrates, but we start to look at other things (pfr/vpip) at 10k.

I'm not sure if the SD/100 would be higher or lower at nlhe than lhe, which would greatly affect sample size requirements.

I'm really curious about how many hands you've played though. Do tell.

--Dave.

DavidC
04-09-2005, 06:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
thinking about why this is a terrible post will make you a better player.

*drunk*

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm new here so I'll take a guess...

1) You don't know, but it's just not something that's discussed among the expert players here.

or, more likely:

2) Everyone has their own style?

Any clarification you could give me would be helpful. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

zaxx19
04-09-2005, 06:29 AM
I think I need a higher pfr

No, 6-8% is about right for full ring play.

fimbulwinter
04-09-2005, 06:36 AM
1. the OP didn't specify 6max or full ring
2. the OP didn't specify table conditions
3. the OP didn't specify stack sizes

1,2 and 3 are the most important factors in answering OP's question (as well as an honest self-evaluation of skill level, which i feel is unmentionable here)- hence the fact that the question sucks.

and yes, to a certain degree everyone does have their own style, but honestly the style of winning NL players differs in the last seats only. moreover, i'd be willing to bet that all the winning NL players love it when their ATM's play all the obvious hands from EP...

fim

DavidC
04-09-2005, 06:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
1. the OP didn't specify 6max or full ring
2. the OP didn't specify table conditions
3. the OP didn't specify stack sizes

1,2 and 3 are the most important factors in answering OP's question (as well as an honest self-evaluation of skill level, which i feel is unmentionable here)- hence the fact that the question sucks.

and yes, to a certain degree everyone does have their own style, but honestly the style of winning NL players differs in the last seats only. moreover, i'd be willing to bet that all the winning NL players love it when their ATM's play all the obvious hands from EP...

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point about 6-max vs full ring.

However, the stack sizes and table conditions are a given at party's 25nl, depending on the time of day that he's playing, and whether or not it's full or 6-max.

Very very good point re: skill level.

I'm not sure that I see the relevance of predictability of opening strategy and how it pertains to hte vpip:

If you're mixing it up x% in EP, then you should see an x% difference in vpip, though, thus, you can give details to your vpip, and answer the question (provided that he gave you time of day and 6-max or full ring).

Brian462
04-09-2005, 01:55 PM
Yea sorry I am talking about full ring. The other stuff should be a given at Party 25. Yes conditions vary from table to table, but that's why I asked for those with larger sample sizes to respond.

I'm really just trying to determine if the people who play 25% or more of their hands are seeing a noticable benefit from the 10% more flops they are seeing. Up to now, I haven't thought that image is a big factor in deciding which hands to play at the 25's. Maybe I'm wrong and image really does play a large role. Or maybe those extra hands are simply profitable and I'm giving up cash by playing to tight. That's what I'm trying to figure out.

Thanks for the few replies so far, hopefully some more people will add to this.

Brian462
04-09-2005, 01:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
all the obvious hands from EP...

[/ QUOTE ]

By obvious hands I just meant AA, KK QQ AK etc.

Brian462
04-09-2005, 02:23 PM
My stats are after 10,385 hands. SD/100 of slightly over 68BB. The first 6-7kish were spent 4-tabling and the last little bit I have been 8-tabling. Still all at the Party25s.

I really wonder where you find 8% more hands than me. To get a bit more specific, my VPIP drifts from about 10% UTG to just under 20% on the button(only about 1k hands at each position but I doubt if these numbers will change much). PFR drifts from 3.5 to 6.5 in the same spots.

I wonder if making more steal raises in LP would help my winrate a bit. Any thoughts?

DavidC
04-09-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My stats are after 10,385 hands. SD/100 of slightly over 68BB.

I really wonder where you find 8% more hands than me. To get a bit more specific, my VPIP drifts from about 10% UTG to just under 20% on the button(only about 1k hands at each position but I doubt if these numbers will change much). PFR drifts from 3.5 to 6.5 in the same spots.

I wonder if making more steal raises in LP would help my winrate a bit. Any thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Firstly, the SD/100 at microlimits is 17-25 bb/100 (50 ptbb at nlhe). Man, this game might give me an ulcer. That's a thought! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sample size could be the difference in vpip. I could just be getting good hands. I never considered checking stats by position. Very cool.

I'm still at the laggy stage (pf at least) of my NLHE learning.

Re: stealing...

the consensus is that it's not worth it. I don't like the consensus, yet there it is.

excession
04-09-2005, 03:29 PM
I was expeimenting with loose aggressive play on the Party $50's during March.

Usually 2-3 tabling my stats were as follows:

Vp$iP 29%
PFR 9.5%
PFA 3.23
WtSD 21%
3595 hands
Amount won $489.46
PTBB/100 13.63 (plus another $300 in Party and skin bonuses)

However I tried the same tactics over at UB $100 tables over the past couple of weeks and haven't had much success(about 3PTBB/100).

Sponger15SB
04-09-2005, 05:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
My stats are after 10,385 hands. SD/100 of slightly over 68BB. The first 6-7kish were spent 4-tabling and the last little bit I have been 8-tabling. Still all at the Party25s.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah you're running out of your mind hot. Don't come crying when your BB/100 drops to <10bb/100

Sponger15SB
04-09-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

3595 hands
Amount won $489.46
PTBB/100 13.63

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh.....seriously people....c'mon

excession
04-09-2005, 06:37 PM
what?

I'm 10PTBB/100 over 40,000 hands at 25c/50c NL with a Vp$iP of 26% if you prefer

Brian462
04-09-2005, 10:33 PM
And the reason you posted this is?

Sponger15SB
04-09-2005, 11:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And the reason you posted this is?

[/ QUOTE ]

So people will stop being so delusional about their short term win rates.

Brian462
04-09-2005, 11:23 PM
Okay cool, except that I said twice that I am on a good run and that my own stats are not from a sufficient sample size. But yea your right, this forum needs you to add worthless anecdotes to otherwise okay threads.

BobboFitos
04-10-2005, 02:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But yea your right, this forum needs you to add worthless anecdotes to otherwise okay threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I heard a stitch in time saves nine

edge
04-10-2005, 02:46 AM
At $25 6-max I am VPIP 76 PFR 17 and -83 BB/100.
At $25 full ring I am VPIP 61 PFR 7 and -35 BB/100.