PDA

View Full Version : anything I can do about it?

JaBlue
04-09-2005, 02:46 AM
I had some friends over playing poker. It was about 7 people other than me. Five of them I'm close with. 2 of them I'm not, and one of these two seems very sketchy (gets in fights, has a hot temper, etc.). Anyway, I am almost positive that the sketchy one stole my ipod. It was out in the open and when I got back, only the headphones were left.

Anyway, is there anything I can do about it other than call this guy on it? He is incredibly strong and has much more fighting experience than I so a fistfight, unless I have a couple of my boys with me, is probably not in my favor. Cops can't do [censored] about it, right? I don't care so much about the money because 200-300 will not change my life at all. However, I am pissed off that I let him into my house and he jacked the [censored].

what can I do?

pshreck
04-09-2005, 02:49 AM
Why don't you be a man for once in your life?

[censored]
04-09-2005, 02:51 AM
I would find a way to convertly cost him $300. I am talking about a midnight brick through a windshield and 4 slashed tires. Things like that.

Either that or just do nothing and accept it as part of life.

Dead
04-09-2005, 02:52 AM
How does costing the dude $300 get him his Ipod back?

It might make him feel better but I would just get the guy super drunk until he passes out, and then grab the Ipod back. Maybe just slip a roofie in his drink for that, if he's a real scumbag.

[censored]
04-09-2005, 02:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
How does costing the dude $300 get him his Ipod back?

It might make him feel better

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty much the point. I am a big supporter of revenge.

daryn
04-09-2005, 02:54 AM
why can't the police do anything about it? you should scratch your initials into stuff like that. i'm serious.

Kaz The Original
04-09-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you be a man for once in your life?

[/ QUOTE ]

Man up and grow a pair.

Popinjay
buy one (http://www.taser.com/self_defense/x26a.htm?42,4)

then shoot him with it

tdarko
confront him and if he is going to fight hit him first, you may still get your ass beat but he will think twice about stealing again...nobody likes to get hit.

JaBlue
04-09-2005, 02:56 AM
I'm not sure if the police can do anything about it, that's one of the things. I have absolutely no hard evidence that he stole it and no witnesses.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if thsi guy offed the pod relatively quickly. I doubt he's dumb enough to have it with him around me. Scratching my initials wouldn't really do [censored] because people would still buy it for 150$ or whatever.

daryn
04-09-2005, 02:58 AM
the initials thing was just for identification, not to deter someone from buying it, but i see your point. still something could be done if acted upon soon after the theft.

JaBlue
04-09-2005, 03:00 AM
obviously you two are dickheads. I'm a strong guy and I go to the gym every day but I just can't take this guy. He's an amateur boxer. It is very likely that he could knock me out with one punch, and from what I know about him, he wouldn't stop there.

So stop giving me [censored] for not wanting to fight this guy. I have been in fights before and I'm not worried about getting hit once or twice. However, I'm not going to get knocked out and have him do some [censored] up [censored] to me that leaves me in the emergency room.

JaBlue
04-09-2005, 03:01 AM
well, here's the thing: what can the police do? Some guy says some other guy stole his [censored]. I can get the info on it like the serial number etc. that isn't hard. The problem is for the cops to do anything they'd need to search him and find it or something.

I really have no experience with cops doing stuff about petty theft so correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty positive they can't/won't do anything about it.

daryn
04-09-2005, 03:03 AM
i don't know with absolute certainty, but if they couldn't do anything, then why can they do something if i say.. mug you on the street and take your wallet? you give them a description of me, they pick me up, i have wallet on me, i'm boned.

JaBlue
04-09-2005, 03:08 AM
how many people do you know that get mugged and catch the person that mugs them? Sure the police can cruise around etc. but if they don't find them right then, well, I'm pretty sure you're SOL. Similarly with this guy, I don't think the cops will knock on his door or anything etc.

[censored]
04-09-2005, 03:11 AM
You should still file a report with the serial number a description. If he were to sell it to a pawn shop for example it would be pretty easy to trace. Additionally you should report it because it is the right thing to do.

daryn
04-09-2005, 03:13 AM
i don't get it. so i guess theft is OK? maybe i should steal some stuff from my neighbors. what are they gonna do, call the cops? "LOL"

not saying you are wrong, but if you aren't, wow.

JaBlue
04-09-2005, 03:13 AM
ok this is good advice thanks.

pshreck
04-09-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i don't get it. so i guess theft is OK? maybe i should steal some stuff from my neighbors. what are they gonna do, call the cops? "LOL"

[/ QUOTE ]

That lol in quotes was priceless. I actually laughed out loud myself at that one. Nice post deeron.

Kaz The Original
04-09-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
obviously you two are dickheads. I'm a strong guy and I go to the gym every day but I just can't take this guy. He's an amateur boxer. It is very likely that he could knock me out with one punch, and from what I know about him, he wouldn't stop there.

So stop giving me [censored] for not wanting to fight this guy. I have been in fights before and I'm not worried about getting hit once or twice. However, I'm not going to get knocked out and have him do some [censored] up [censored] to me that leaves me in the emergency room.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just get a bat jerk.

JaBlue
04-09-2005, 03:18 AM
the point is that the cops don't have the basis for a search warrant only on someone's word vs. someone else's (I think)

SpearsBritney
04-09-2005, 03:19 AM
The best thing to do is just let it go. I know you know this. Don't let your ego make you do something you'll regret. Don't call the cops either. It's just gonna be more hassle that you'll wish you hadn't put yourself through. Judging from your post, you probably don't want to be worrying about retaliation if you call the cops on him (especially if he didn't do it).Plus, you don't want your friends to look at you as a rat. It's only a few hundred bucks. I'm sure you've lost bigger pots. It'll sting for a while but just let it go.

Eurotrash
04-09-2005, 03:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That lol in quotes was priceless. I actually laughed out loud myself at that one. Nice post deeron.

[/ QUOTE ]

he totally took that one from El D.

Brainwalter
04-09-2005, 03:28 AM
I see nipples too.

Brainwalter
04-09-2005, 03:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

astroglide
04-09-2005, 03:31 AM
this was the first i saw of the "LOL" thing (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=2093834&Fo rum=All_Forums&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Main=2091848& Search=true&where=bodysub&Name=365&daterange=1&new erval=1&newertype=w&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyprev= #Post2093834)

anyway, when you got back? where did you go? i think i would have started by saying, "hey is somebody trying to mess with me by hiding my ipod?" it gets the subject out there and offers whoever took it somewhat of an out. nobody's going to respond to, "ok who stole my ipod?"

daryn
04-09-2005, 03:40 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a thing we both do in IRC. classic. i honestly can't remember who started it. maybe he does.

DBowling
04-09-2005, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

not saying you are wrong, but if you aren't, wow.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think the difference is you are flat out saying you know this person mugged you because you saw them mug you.

OP is saying he thinks this guy stole it because he seems sketchy to him but its not out of the question that somebody else stole it or maybe he just misplaced it.