PDA

View Full Version : Asian guys and white girls

handsome
04-09-2005, 02:25 AM
I wish it could happen, me being the asian guy and Erica from my history discussion class being the white girl, or any of the million hot white girls at my school.

Too bad interracial relationships rarely work out.

daryn
04-09-2005, 02:26 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
I wish it could happen, me being the asian guy and Erica from my history discussion class being the white girl, or any of the million hot white girls at my school.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's rare. for some reason, asian guys are not in demand.

Dead
04-09-2005, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it's rare. for some reason, asian guys are not in demand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we all know what that reason is. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pshreck
04-09-2005, 02:28 AM
Me and my Viet girlfriend talk about this all the time. Her 5 brothers have lived in the U.S. for most of their lives, date hot chicks all the time, but not a single one ever being white. Kind of funny.

Popinjay
04-09-2005, 02:30 AM
I liked a white girl named Erica once. Didn't work out. oh well

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 02:30 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
or any of the million hot white girls at my school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Send them to Atlanta, and give them my number. 1800HotWhiteGTGuy. peachy will vouch.

ceyoung
04-09-2005, 02:32 AM
my dad is chinese my mom is english. it can work out. you just have to goto england to make it happen.

PoBoy321
04-09-2005, 02:38 AM
I've seen plenty of interracial relationships work out.

However, it's usually a white guy and asian girl or white girl and a black guy.

pshreck
04-09-2005, 02:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

However, it's usually a white guy and asian girl or white girl and a black guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. This would be an interesting social study. Man I cant think of any white guy -asian girl or black girl - white guy comboes. And asian - black anything is quite unheard of, outside of the rap world.

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 02:44 AM
Dude, there are plenty of black girls I would go out with. They're just too famous I think.

Actually, I've always had a thing for black girls. I can't explain it, but I find hot black girls much, much, much hotter than an equally hot white girl.

Eurotrash
04-09-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't explain it, but I find hot black girls much, much, much hotter than an equally hot white girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

you, sir, have got a case of jungle fever!

daryn
04-09-2005, 02:46 AM
Dude, there are plenty of black girls I would go out with. They're just too famous I think.

Actually, I've always had a thing for black girls. I can't explain it, but I find hot black girls much, much, much hotter than an equally hot white girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

black girls for me are like 99% unattractive, but that 1% i would do anything to be with. i'm not talking about celebrities, but just random black chicks i see or know. but it's such a smalllllll percentage.

edtost
04-09-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't explain it, but I find hot black girls much, much, much hotter than an equally hot white girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

you can't explain it because it is logically inconsistant.

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 02:52 AM
Maybe it's Atlanta. Maybe all the rappers attract the hot black girls, I don't know.

Eurotrash is probably right though. I have jungle fever, but only for the hot ones. All darker skined girls do it for me. Latinas, black girls, etc. Just not Asian girls, I never understood that.

Dead
04-09-2005, 02:53 AM
http://www.tuttocasarano.it/alicia%20keys-new%20york4.jpg

daryn
04-09-2005, 02:54 AM
see, gross.

Eurotrash
04-09-2005, 02:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe it's Atlanta. Maybe all the rappers attract the hot black girls, I don't know.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see how the dirty souf might alter one's views like that

[ QUOTE ]
Eurotrash is probably right though. I have jungle fever, but only for the hot ones. All darker skined girls do it for me. Latinas, black girls, etc. Just not Asian girls, I never understood that.

[/ QUOTE ]

of course I am, just look at the pretentious way I hold my cigarette.. it exudes rightness.

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 02:56 AM
see, gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

darynfanboi party name up for sale.

Dead
04-09-2005, 02:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
see, gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah whatever. You know you'd [censored] her. Not that she would [censored] you, but you know what I'm sayin.

daryn
04-09-2005, 02:58 AM
i dunno, i'm just looking at her face man.

edit: the shirt doesn't help either.

pshreck
04-09-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
see, gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah whatever. You know you'd [censored] her. Not that she would [censored] you, but you know what I'm sayin.

[/ QUOTE ]

You seriously find her attractive? She is not even girl next door attractive.

Dead
04-09-2005, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
see, gross.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You seriously find her attractive? She is not even girl next door attractive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude she is totally hot. But maybe you shouldn't take my opinion on this seriously. My friends all tell me that I have "permanent beer goggles". Low standards they say. That's why they don't like it when I drink and go out to parties because then I think that 99% of girls there are like 10s, as compared to the 85-90% normally.

daryn
04-09-2005, 03:02 AM
But maybe you shouldn't take my opinion on this seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

who does?

Dead
04-09-2005, 03:04 AM
You think I am a cool dude Daryn.

I'm going to go to bed now.

PEace

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 03:09 AM
Everyone in this thread except Dead is a gigantic hater. See what living with 2 black guys does for you!

Of course, I might feel better if I was alone on this issue. <font color="white">kidding, kinda</font>

daryn
04-09-2005, 03:10 AM
hey man, there are plenty of fugly white chicks out there too.

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 03:13 AM
True, I'd feel much worse if people hated the white girls I liked. At least now I can brush them off as just having a thing against black girls.

Jazza
04-09-2005, 03:14 AM
i'm curious, am i one of few white guys who find asian girls more attractive on average than white girls or any other race? any of you guys like me in this way?

pshreck
04-09-2005, 03:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm curious, am i one of few white guys who find asian girls most attractive on average than white girls? any of you guys like me in this way?

[/ QUOTE ]

Always been the same way.

I wouldnt say the hottest asian girls are hotter then the hottest whites, but I think as a whole, asian chicks are hotter on average.

Popinjay
04-09-2005, 03:16 AM
i know a ton of white guys with big time asian fetishes. i think daryn is one of em

Eurotrash
04-09-2005, 03:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Everyone in this thread except Dead is a gigantic hater.

[/ QUOTE ]

let's not drag me into this.. I just said you had jungle fever.

I personally think Alicia Keys is rather striking

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 03:17 AM
Yellow fever is a poor man's jungle fever.

pshreck
04-09-2005, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I personally think Alicia Keys is rather striking

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, like 3 strikes and she's out.

Someone do that drum thing after a joke now.

Boris
My sister's white friend is engaged to a chinese american dude. You have a chance.

Boris
She's hot. what color is she?

somethingstupid
04-09-2005, 03:23 AM
I hate this thread. And I'm an [censored].

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 03:24 AM
She's hot. what color is she?

[/ QUOTE ]

Halfsy, but we'll say black.

astroglide
04-09-2005, 03:25 AM
alicia keys is not hot

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 03:27 AM
astroglide is not a good judge

[/ QUOTE ]

Sad, but true.

Popinjay
04-09-2005, 03:27 AM
http://i.realone.com/assets/rn/cms/2004/realguide_162x198/keys_alicia2_tall.5173331.jpg

astroglide
04-09-2005, 03:29 AM
is this because i didn't find that lady from step by step hot?

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 03:31 AM
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/images/alicia-keys-pop1.jpg

http://www.iballer.com/divas/keys/images/k16_jpg.jpg

http://www.iballer.com/divas/keys/images/k20_jpg.jpg

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 03:33 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, Full House girl and Topanga were both hotter than step by step. Alicia Keys is hotter than all of them though.

daryn
04-09-2005, 03:37 AM
i know a ton of white guys with big time asian fetishes. i think daryn is one of em

[/ QUOTE ]

no doubt about it. i agree with a previous poster though. it's not that i think the hottest asian is hotter than the hottest white chick (maybe though), but on the whole, asian hotter.

bholdr
04-09-2005, 03:38 AM
...and i dig the white chicks. for some reason, this cracks my freinds up.

i like black girls, too. never dated one *sighs*

hell, who am i kidding, i like ALL (reasonably attractive)girls, regardless of race.

something 'bout those white chicks, though.

daryn
04-09-2005, 03:38 AM

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, Full House girl and Topanga were both hotter than step by step. Alicia Keys is hotter than all of them though.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess i just find her face not attractive, and (for me at least) it's not possible to call a girl hot without her having a good looking face.

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 03:41 AM
Maybe it's just like my unicorn. Maybe I just want to get with a black girl because I haven't, and no one I know has. I don't know, but I do know would do all sorts of dirty things to Alicia Keys.

zaxx19
04-09-2005, 03:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think as a whole, asian chicks are hotter on average.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not from behind...unless they are Thai of Fillipina.

Plus, Latin women are WAY hotter than all the other races anyways, and it isnt even close.

Kaz The Original
04-09-2005, 03:49 AM
Have smaller... hands?

Is this scientifically proven, or just accepted urban legend.

PoBoy321
04-09-2005, 03:51 AM
http://www.psych.nwu.edu/psych/people/faculty/sherman/drums.jpg

Ba-DUP-chum.

Blarg
04-09-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew up in Guam and Hawaii, and interracial relationships were very common there. People didn't separate themselves out so nearly completely into ethnic neighborhoods, like they do here even in the more so-called "enlightened" places in the continental U.S.

Coming to California in my college years, I was surprised to find that almost none of my white male friends found female Asian girls attractive. I go nuts over Chinese and Japanese girls a lot of times(almost everyone in Guam was ugly except for them), so their attitude struck me as bizarre. Especially since many Japanese and Chinese are as light-skinned as whites, so it wasn't simply skin color. And Asians tend to have very small facial features, notably smaller than whites do, which matches the Caucasian general ideal of small noses and delicate facial features on women.

They seemed to equate Asians with having the kind of flat round pie-faces you sometimes seem to see among Asian women, but of course, that's just one type of typical Asian face. Anyway, it seemed to keep them from seeing the beauty in any Asian girls, even the astoundingly hot legs and asses you see on so many Chinese and Japanese girls.

I think people often tend to look at their internal pictures of others instead of seeing what's really right in front of them.

My guess is that a lot of white women don't care for asian guys for the same reason that lots of them go nuts for black guys. I'm figuring that to lots of young girls, going out with a black guy is something as far from the expected as they can comprehend, and seems exciting and daring and inherently sexy. Plus just on the cutting edge of cool, as black guys pretty much set the cultural tone for white America now.

Compare that to the image of Asian guys: nerdy engineering students with pocket protectors, with a little hold-over image from those Jerry Lewis caricatures of buck toothed guys with big thick glasses. NOT sexy. The anti-Christ of sexiness.

Funny thing is, things seem to have changed for a lot of white guys recently. Now lots of them seem to be really going ape over Asian girls, like an obsession or something.

So if Asian women want to be chased by white guys, they're in luck, but if Asian men want to be chased by white women...they've got a hard road.

I think we need a few more decades of Jackie Chan going through the culture before Asian men start to be commonly thought of as cool and stylish in American culture and not just nerdy or strange. Because frankly, for the average young woman, fashion is everything, including even fashion in people.

Blarg
04-09-2005, 04:02 AM
Not big on Alicia Keyes, but I think Hale Berry is one of the hottest women ever born.

I think Diane Carroll when she was young was very beautiful, too. Dorothy Dandridge was very very hot, too. So was Lena Horne when younger.

Overall, though, I tend to like really delicate features on a woman, and blacks tend to have broader facial features, so that automatically makes them drop down the attractiveness scale for me, in the same way it makes Chinese and Japanese girls jump up toward the top of it.

zaxx19
04-09-2005, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Asian girls, even the astoundingly hot legs and asses you see on so many Chinese and Japanese girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have lost you mind.

Kankles and flat booties are not my ideal.

ThaSaltCracka
04-09-2005, 04:04 AM
Alicia Keys is Hot as [censored], but you realize she is a halfie..... but thats probably why she is so fine.

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 04:04 AM
Someone make a note because apparently zaxx, Dead, and I all agree on something.

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 04:07 AM
Don't worry, there are plenty of straight up black chicks that I find amazingly hot as well.

I find it a little disturbing that we both called her a halfie (halfsy) though. I was not aware that was common.

ThaSaltCracka
04-09-2005, 04:12 AM
what are we suppose to call her? IMO, halfies are way hoter than full chicks(of whatever race they are)

zaxx19
04-09-2005, 04:16 AM
Its all about Latinas:

http://images.phun.org/phun/galleries/vida_guerra/phun.org_vida_2.jpg

Need I say anything else? This conversation about which race of women is hottest now officially has ended.

Id pay for that, and im not even a little ashamed to say so.

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 04:17 AM
what are we suppose to call her?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mrs. mmbt0ne works fine for me.

IMO, halfies are way hoter than full chicks(of whatever race they are)

[/ QUOTE ]

No contest.

daryn
04-09-2005, 04:17 AM
what are we suppose to call her? IMO, halfies are way hoter than full chicks(of whatever race they are)

[/ QUOTE ]

you gotta agree with this.

Shillx
04-09-2005, 04:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Someone make a note because apparently zaxx, Dead, and I all agree on something.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would say that you all agreed that wearing a pink shirt to a party was gay, but you dipped out on that one for some reason. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Sounds like fun dude. [censored] frat parties.

ThaSaltCracka
04-09-2005, 04:20 AM
I love chicks.

Halfies.... /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bholdr
04-09-2005, 04:22 AM
your post is far to thoughtful and insightful for OOT.

as a certified 'asian guy' i can tell you that not all asian guys are held back by the stereotypes (little dick, nerdy, safe, etc). and white chicks DO dig asian guys, at least in the northwest. i get 'chased' by (mostly unnatractive, or it seems like that sometimes) white women all the time.

one nice thing about being asian: i can get away with having long hair in a ponytail. it just looks STUPID on white dudes, IMO. so do dreds, but that's a whole 'nother discussion.

[ QUOTE ]
My guess is that a lot of white women don't care for asian guys for the same reason that lots of them go nuts for black guys. I'm figuring that to lots of young girls, going out with a black guy is something as far from the expected as they can comprehend, and seems exciting and daring and inherently sexy. Plus just on the cutting edge of cool, as black guys pretty much set the cultural tone for white America now.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is probably a very good geuss.

and as a note to the OP:
[ QUOTE ]
as far from the expected as they can comprehend, and seems exciting and daring and inherently sexy.

[/ QUOTE ]
...cliche coming...

Ding! Ding! Ding!
read that sentance out loud a couple times. it's money, baby. make it apply to you.

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 04:22 AM
Oh no, you have it backwards my friend. I went to a frat party tonight to see a friend's band play (www.honestlyband.com). I'm wearing a pink shirt tomorrow to the party that shut down a frat party.

Blarg
04-09-2005, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Asian girls, even the astoundingly hot legs and asses you see on so many Chinese and Japanese girls.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have lost you mind.

Kankles and flat booties are not my ideal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chinese and Japanese tend to think of sexiness and strength being all about the legs in the same way Europeans think it's all about a muscular barrel chest in men and big boobs in women. Thousands of years of selective breeding along those lines seems to have often echoed and reinforced that. That's why you see white guys looking like Robert Blake, with huge chests and legs like toothpicks, and white women with huge boobs and shapeless legs, and Asian guys with narrow chests and really strong legs, and Asian women with unbelievably curvy legs and great asses but nothing up top.

Not that there aren't plenty of exceptions, but that's the general trend.

Now, if you like big black Bushman-style camel hump bootie, Asian girls are going to be the last thing you like. But if you like great legs and a butt that's perfectly shaped and plenty curvy without being just a bunch of fat falling into a sack of skin without leaking out, Chinese and Japanese girls are what it's all about.

Blarg
04-09-2005, 05:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its all about Latinas:

http://images.phun.org/phun/galleries/vida_guerra/phun.org_vida_2.jpg

Need I say anything else? This conversation about which race of women is hottest now officially has ended.

Id pay for that, and im not even a little ashamed to say so.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should see the heavy Indian Latinas I see every day. Not pretty, let me tell ya.

A lot depends how much Indian is in them. The ones with heavy Indian influence tend to have unbelievably wide, broad backs. When they get fat they start looking like truckers almost immediately.

And Latinas have the hairiest forearms in the universe, and lots of moustaches.

And they turn to fat so fast it's almost audible. Check out the moms and aunts of almost every Latina I've ever met(and I live in Los Angeles), and they're beachballs to the last one. The wives are like two or three times the size of the husbands. There's just no cultural emphasis on fitness for women, once married, at all.

DBowling
04-09-2005, 05:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ive got the asian version of this.

jerome baker
04-09-2005, 06:42 AM
why would you wanna date a white chick?
they only look decent before 22.

as for white boys dating asians, no problem, they always pick the 3.5's not the 7.5+.

-a taiwanese guys opinion

Bill Murphy
04-09-2005, 06:42 AM
I know two Asian guys w/mega hot white GF's. Don't be a dweeb. Erica's prolly dying for pole, or at least a guy willing to go down and who can hold a decent conversation before and after.

You'll regret it the rest of your life if you don't take a swipe.

And post a pic of her, will ya? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

dsm
04-09-2005, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It's rare, but for some reason, asian guys are not in demand.

[/ QUOTE ]I think we all know what that reason is. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And what, pray tell, might that reason be?

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=Dr.+Evil/v=2/SID=w/TID=I040_85/l=IVS/SIG=1234mcq8j/EXP=1113129278/*-http%3A//www.cs.iastate.edu/~charlesg/dr.evil.jpg

yellowjack
04-09-2005, 07:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and it isn't even close. A lot of guys have yellow fever, I happen to have "mixed fever". Best mixes always have at least a little Japanese/Chinese/Indonesian and some other race(s) though imo.

Blarg
04-09-2005, 07:44 AM
The prettiest girls where I grew up were the halfa's, and I agree that the prettiest of them were usually half Chinese or Japanese.

It's amazing how dramatically the mixing of races can seem to "cure" stuff or make it better whatever the hell it does, but I've seen tons of great looking kids come out of really average looking mixed race parents. The percentage of mixed race kids I've seen that came out looking worse than their parents is really close to zero, and the halfa's are incredibly good looking a whole lot of the time.

Tyler Durden
04-09-2005, 07:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I think Diane Carroll when she was young was very beautiful, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

who?

[ QUOTE ]
Dorothy Dandridge was very very hot, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

who?

[ QUOTE ]
So was Lena Horne when younger.

[/ QUOTE ]

who?

Tyler Durden
04-09-2005, 07:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
one nice thing about being asian: i can get away with having long hair in a ponytail. it just looks STUPID on white dudes, IMO. so do dreds, but that's a whole 'nother discussion.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. What a great advantage of your race! I'm sure it doesn't look stupid at all like it does on a white guy.

P.S. Ponytails are gay.

Blarg
04-09-2005, 08:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think Diane Carroll when she was young was very beautiful, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

who?

[ QUOTE ]
Dorothy Dandridge was very very hot, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

who?

[ QUOTE ]
So was Lena Horne when younger.

[/ QUOTE ]

who?

[/ QUOTE ]

Black women. Google is your friend.

Arnfinn Madsen
04-09-2005, 08:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

?????????????????????????

Why not?

Blarg
04-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Most people aren't strong enough to stand up to their parents and friends. Sometimes they phrase it as, "But it would be so hard on the kids." Really they just don't want to jeopardize the other relationships in their lives.

mostsmooth
04-09-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Me and my Viet girlfriend talk about this all the time. Her 5 brothers have lived in the U.S. for most of their lives, date hot chicks all the time, but not a single one ever being white. Kind of funny.

[/ QUOTE ]
probably all of them are vietnamese. all vietnamese chicks are hot

Blarg
04-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Most of the ones I've seen aren't, but there have been some very nice exceptions.

Matty
04-09-2005, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Has to do with gender and class roles. If instead of Asian-White-Black, the general affluence ladder went Black-White-Asian, you'd see the opposite and as hard as it is to believe, daryn would probably find black chicks hot.

daryn
04-09-2005, 03:40 PM
so you think it has to do with class roles, and not appearance? (for me specifically)

Matty
04-09-2005, 03:46 PM
I think what appearances we find attractive are shaped largely by different aspects of society. If you think about it, don't we all generally find people from more successful countries/regions more attractive? There are exceptions, but there is a correlation.

Edit: By gender roles I mean two things:

1) lower classes almost always take on a more masculine persona, and women prefer masculinity more than men do.

2) With out liberal mating habits in America, men (who primarily pursue) are allowed to pursue whichever class of woman they want to.

daryn
04-09-2005, 03:48 PM
I think what appearances we find attractive are shaped largely by different aspects of society. If you think about it, don't we all generally find people from more successful countries/regions more attractive? There are exceptions, but there is a correlation.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagree big time. where are the successful countries you speak of? what country is more successful than the united states? is korea (my favorite) really that successful? thailand? china? hungary? czech rep.?

if you are talking about the very very very poor countries in africa, well the reason i don't like those girls as much is because they are black, not because they are poor.

Dead
04-09-2005, 03:54 PM
I don't think that certain races are hotter than other races.

I think that certain people are hotter than other people. As you said, there are some ugly white people and there are some black people.

Matty
04-09-2005, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i disagree big time. where are the successful countries you speak of? what country is more successful than the united states? is korea (my favorite) really that successful? thailand? china? hungary? czech rep.?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, asians are very successful. In America asians make more on average than whites, and they have significantly higher IQs. Caucasians are also generally successful as a race- and if you look at that poll that was posted in OOT a while ago, Asians and White chicks were winners.[ QUOTE ]
if you are talking about the very very very poor countries in africa, well the reason i don't like those girls as much is because they are black, not because they are poor.

[/ QUOTE ]My point is that there are things which subconsiously influenced what you find attractive or not. Look at the playboy playmates of years gone by- clearly attractiveness is not an absolute.

30 years from now who knows, maybe thick chicks will be the in thing again.

Matty
04-09-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I think that certain people are hotter than other people. As you said, there are some ugly white people and there are some black people.

[/ QUOTE ]My guess is the black people you find attractive just look like dark white people (no big lips, kinky hair, etc.)

Dead
04-09-2005, 04:05 PM
Not true.

I like some girls that look like this:

http://www.ceediddy.50megs.com/honimage/miscpage/lark.jpg

daryn
04-09-2005, 04:07 PM

[/ QUOTE ]My guess is the black people you find attractive just look like dark white people (no big lips, kinky hair, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

grey man, you're incredibly wrong in this thread.

Matty
04-09-2005, 04:10 PM
You're both just being stubborn and not giving any reasons for it.

Dead- I don't see any big lips or kinky hair. And look at her [censored] lipstick for chrissake! She might as well have blue eyes.

daryn
04-09-2005, 04:14 PM
i'm only saying you're wrong because you are. when you talk successful, you're talking about asians who come to america. even still there are a lot of poor asians in america. also there are a lot of poor countries in asia. your point about class/economic status is very weak and bogus.

also, like i think dead said, hot girls are hot. that's all there is to it. of course i think a much smaller % of black chicks are hot, but that does NOT mean that the only black chicks i find hot are the ones who "look almost white". i don't know what else to say but you are incorrect.

Dead
04-09-2005, 04:15 PM
What daryn said.

People like what they like. Even if someone happens to prefer white girls to black girls, that doesn't make them a racist, anymore than a Hispanic girl or white girl is racist for preferring black guys to white guys. We like what we like.

Matty
04-09-2005, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i'm only saying you're wrong because you are. when you talk successful, you're talking about asians who come to america.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, that's where we are correct? So that is the culture which has shaped you. If you grew up in a different area of the world, your idea of attractiveness would be different.[ QUOTE ]
even still there are a lot of poor asians in america.

[/ QUOTE ]This is why I was very careful to say "on average", "in general", "there are exceptions" and "correlation".[ QUOTE ]
also there are a lot of poor countries in asia. your point about class/economic status is very weak and bogus.

[/ QUOTE ]There is a correlation and you're trying to claim there isn't because there are exceptions- which is a very weak argument itself.[ QUOTE ]
also, like i think dead said, hot girls are hot. that's all there is to it.

[/ QUOTE ]No. This is stupid and demonstrably false. Attractiveness is not an absolute. We have no further to look for proof of this than our own culture for the last 40 years.

Blarg
04-09-2005, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not true.

I like some girls that look like this:

http://www.ceediddy.50megs.com/honimage/miscpage/lark.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

If you colored her skin white, she'd pass for white in an instant.

daryn
04-09-2005, 04:35 PM
This is why I was very careful to say "on average", "in general", "there are exceptions" and "correlation".

[/ QUOTE ]

in other words "my argument holds no water, etc. etc."

indians are also very successful in the US. i don't find indian women attractive (except for a few, kind of like i view black women). what i am saying is that this economic argument of yours is AT BEST A COINCIDENCE.

Dead
04-09-2005, 04:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this economic argument of yours is AT BEST A COINCIDENCE.

[/ QUOTE ]

It totally is a coincidence.

I mean, how many people find Jewish chicks attractive?

And Jews make more on average than either Asians or non-Jewish Caucasians, according to studies.

Matty
04-09-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
indians are also very successful in the US. i don't find indian women attractive (except for a few, kind of like i view black women). what i am saying is that this economic argument of yours is AT BEST A COINCIDENCE.

[/ QUOTE ]Funny that you mention Indians because Indian culture is an excellent example of how it is NOT A COINCIDENCE AT ALL but that the same correlation exists in every culture.

Seriously, look into how Indians choose brides based on skin tones and the correlation that holds with class.

Matty
04-09-2005, 04:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Jewish girls look just like white girls, who are deemed "most attractive" by Americans. I'm mostly semitic myself- but you could never tell by looking at me.

daryn
04-09-2005, 04:43 PM
it's funny that i mention indians? indians in the US are generally successful do you agree?

why don't you ever hear about indian girls? why do i not like indian girls?

Blarg
04-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Pretty much all cultures place a premium, though it may not be spoken of, on lighter colored skin, even American and African blacks.

Similarly, pretty much all cultures view darker skin, though it may not be spoken of, negatively, including American and African blacks.

An exception to this is the vogue for tanning that came on strong for about a quarter of a century in America. But that has already come and gone. Tanning parlors are still around, but having a tan has lost a lot of chic, and being pale has lost a lot of negative connotations of lack of health and vigor.

This definitely has an economic basis. Nobody admires the poor, or even people who look poor. And it's the poor who have to do manual labor and work in the sun. Light skin has historically been a sign of status, and used to be very much remarked on. It isn't quite as idolized now in America and Europe as it was, but the same connotations are still there.

Likewise, go to Asian countries and you'll easily find unregenerate examples of strong racial prejudice against Africans. Which would seem all the more inexplicable because those countries haven't seen many blacks living in them. But the negative connotations associated with dark skin are quite strong and unfortunately seem pretty universal.

daryn
04-09-2005, 04:44 PM

[/ QUOTE ]Funny that you mention Indians because Indian culture is an excellent example of how it is NOT A COINCIDENCE AT ALL but that the same correlation exists in every culture.

Seriously, look into how Indians choose brides based on skin tones and the correlation that holds with class.

[/ QUOTE ]

also, now you are talking about india itself, which i think operates under some caste system, no? how does that show that the same correlation exists in every culture? your arguments are becoming borderline stupid.

Matty
04-09-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
it's funny that i mention indians? indians in the US are generally successful do you agree?

[/ QUOTE ]No, I do not agree. Also you don't see any prominent Indians in our culture so it is a completely invalid point.

Matty
04-09-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
also, now you are talking about india itself, which i think operates under some caste system, no? how does that show that the same correlation exists in every culture? your arguments are becoming borderline stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]Yes, they have a caste system and generally you can only marry into a higher caste if you look like someone from a higher caste. Quit being an idiot.

InchoateHand
04-09-2005, 04:47 PM
He's not calling you racist, he's saying that a whole variety of constrictive and constructive social values inform the highly malleable, historically bounded notion of attractiveness. Grey is guilty of over-simplifying a complex situation, but the germ of his comments is spot-on. You do not simply "decide," in a vacuum, what is or is not "hot."

daryn
04-09-2005, 04:48 PM

[/ QUOTE ]No, I do not agree. Also you don't see any prominent Indians in our culture so it is a completely invalid point.

[/ QUOTE ]

you don't agree? oops wrong again grey. maybe you should go back to being wrong in the politics forum.

you don't see any prominent indians in our culture? where are the prominent asians in our culture? are you talking about jackie chan? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Dead
04-09-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Jewish girls look just like white girls, who are deemed "most attractive" by Americans. I'm mostly semitic myself- but you could never tell by looking at me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not entirely true. Some people look ethnically Jewish. David Schwimmer and Walter Matthau for example. You can tell they're Jewish.

But people can't tell that I am Jewish from looking at me.

Matty
04-09-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Grey is guilty of over-simplifying a complex situation, but the germ of his comments is spot-on.

[/ QUOTE ]I would have been more detailed from the beginning if I had had any idea people could be so damned stubborn.

Dead
04-09-2005, 04:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's not calling you racist, he's saying that a whole variety of constrictive and constructive social values inform the highly malleable, historically bounded notion of attractiveness. Grey is guilty of over-simplifying a complex situation, but the germ of his comments is spot-on. You do not simply "decide," in a vacuum, what is or is not "hot."

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your post was meant for Daryn but it makes good points.
I decide on individual cases, not by race.

But as I said above, it is not racist to prefer girls from some races over girls from other races.

Matty
04-09-2005, 04:54 PM
No one is calling you a racist. We all do it. For me the paler the skin the better, and the smaller the better.

Also, daryn, Lucy Liu, Lisa Ling, hot Asian news reporters, you have seen none of this?

daryn
04-09-2005, 04:55 PM
lisa ling i find unattractive. oh wait, she is successful and has a lot of money.

NEVERMIND I LUV HER "LOL"

also, a successful hot asian reporter is not hot because she is successful. she is successful because she is hot.

Dead
04-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Tia Carrere is hot.

She's Asian right? Hawaiians are Asian I think.

bholdr
04-09-2005, 04:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. Ponytails are gay.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah. i know. but, they're not quite as bad as the two horrendous cowlicks i have that make me look like i have devil horns when my hair is short. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Matty
04-09-2005, 05:04 PM
Now you're just being a jackass and not even trying.

I speak Korean, most of my friends are Korean, and many of them are girls new to America (I help out at a language school). It is the ultimate setup, and now I am not sending any of them your way. =]

Dead
04-09-2005, 05:08 PM
No soup for you!

Or Jewish girls either.

GreywolfNYC
04-09-2005, 05:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The prettiest girls where I grew up were the halfa's, and I agree that the prettiest of them were usually half Chinese or Japanese.

It's amazing how dramatically the mixing of races can seem to "cure" stuff or make it better whatever the hell it does, but I've seen tons of great looking kids come out of really average looking mixed race parents. The percentage of mixed race kids I've seen that came out looking worse than their parents is really close to zero, and the halfa's are incredibly good looking a whole lot of the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's proof. (http://www.h6k.com/entertainment/page5/p_tera3.jpg) She's Thai &amp; German, or Thai &amp; English, or Thai &amp; something European. Semi NSFW.

pshreck
04-09-2005, 05:29 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20050409/capt.sel10204091227.south_korea_big_women_fashion_ show_sel102.jpg

Blarg
04-09-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's proof. (http://www.h6k.com/entertainment/page5/p_tera3.jpg) She's Thai &amp; German, or Thai &amp; English, or Thai &amp; something European. Semi NSFW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, she is super fiercely hot!

Awesemo
04-09-2005, 06:59 PM
Any reasonable looking guy can get ANY girl. You just need to apply the right concepts. I recently watched this seminar Double Your Dating by David DeAngelo, and I realized that the approach I took to getting ladies was completely wrong. Most asian guys that I know are usually really wussy towards girls, and that is the easiest way to ruin attraction. Anyways, if you want to know more, the website is Double Your Dating (http://www.doubleyourdating.com).

daryn
04-09-2005, 06:59 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 07:36 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh

[/ QUOTE ]

Blarg
04-09-2005, 07:40 PM
You two are both homos.

daryn
04-09-2005, 07:43 PM
when i look at pics like this i hardly pay attention to anything below the neck. it just all looks the same after a while, and it's either good or bad down there. face makes or breaks it. this one is broken.

Sephus
04-09-2005, 07:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
when i look at pics like this i hardly pay attention to anything below the neck. it just all looks the same after a while, and it's either good or bad down there. face makes or breaks it. this one is unspectacular.

[/ QUOTE ]

Popinjay
04-09-2005, 09:37 PM
It's just a bad pic of Tera Patrick. she is indeed incredibly hot and half white half asian chicks are super hot. i think kristin kreuk is one of em as well

Blarg
04-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Is she the one from Smallville, that superman show? That girl is so hot she's barely even human. I have no idea why she decided to come to our planet and visit our sorry asses.

thirddan
04-09-2005, 10:02 PM
i am white, was in a 5 yr relationship with a half mexican half japanese girl (actually it was Bob T's cousin, pretty weird coincidence)...it can work as long as you don't live far away from each other and both have busy academic lives and keep weird hours...

GreywolfNYC
04-09-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You two are both homos.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Goober
04-09-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This definitely has an economic basis. Nobody admires the poor, or even people who look poor. And it's the poor who have to do manual labor and work in the sun. Light skin has historically been a sign of status, and used to be very much remarked on. It isn't quite as idolized now in America and Europe as it was, but the same connotations are still there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what happened is that in more industrialized nations, you would find poor people that worked indoors all day, and now having a tan meant you were weatlthy enough to have enough leisure time to lie around in the sun. I think now things like self-tanner and cheaper tanning salons have made it more possible for poor people to be tanned, and so the trend reverses again. Now its [censored] like cosmetic surgery that distinguishes the body of a poor person from a rich one.

TimM
04-09-2005, 10:10 PM
No, she's a porn star. I don't care for her much, and that makeup sure doesn't help.

The Goober
04-09-2005, 10:25 PM
I think there's a couple of factors that make asian guy/white girl relationships rare. One is a simple matter of size (I'm talking about height here, not "hand" size...). A girl is just generally less likely to go for a guy that is shorter than her. Also, since our society teaches that height is important for a man, I think guys who are shorter than those around them tend to be a little more aggro and less laid back than tall guys - and none of this helps when trying to pick up a girl.

Second, I think that a lot of asian cultures tend to be more misogynistic than the US (I know this is a gross generalization, and there are a lot of different cultures in asia, but I think its legit as a general trend). This means that a lot of asian guys may have trouble relating to women as equals- the way that most women expect to be treated in this country. Obviously there's a huge a difference between a guy who just got off the boat from china and a 3rd-generation asian-american - but even in the latter case guys can be affected by the way he sees his father treat his mother, for example. Of course I'm not saying that all asian guys disrespect women - I'm just saying that when we talk about a general trend I think this is a factor.

Blarg
04-09-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think what happened is that in more industrialized nations, you would find poor people that worked indoors all day, and now having a tan meant you were weatlthy enough to have enough leisure time to lie around in the sun. I think now things like self-tanner and cheaper tanning salons have made it more possible for poor people to be tanned, and so the trend reverses again. Now its [censored] like cosmetic surgery that distinguishes the body of a poor person from a rich one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you're right. Tans went from anti-status-symbol to status symbol and now have drifted off into not meaning too much of anything.

Surgery definitely has become a big thing in our culture now. Old people are looking younger all the time, and rich celebrities have washboard stomachs a couple of months after pregnancy...and it's not from exercise, either. Being beautiful all the time is definitely very glamorous, and sometimes surgery is the only way to do it.

nate1729
04-09-2005, 10:44 PM
Gee, a poker player with a thing for asian women. What a shock.

4thstreetpete
04-09-2005, 11:19 PM
I think there's hope for you, just stop being a dweeb and talk to erica. Although I do understand how you feel.

I'm asian and dated a few white girls before and actually prefer them to asian girls unlike most of my friends who are strictly into asian girls only.

At my school one of my asian girl pals introduced me to her
best friend, a really really hot white chick. Everytime I talk to her I feel like Harold from the movie "harold and kumar" when he was trying to talk to the white chick in the elevator. I kinda see myself as this geeky asian guy who just happens to hang around this really hot white chick. Just can't help but feel insecure.

I only found out later that she told me her friend thought I was really hot and was pretty head over heels for me. WTF? Thinking back, she did gave me lots of hints but it just never occured to me that I'd ever had a chance. Too bad I had a girl at the time because she was such a fine piece of ass.

yellowjack
04-10-2005, 01:37 AM
The thing with mixed girls is that since they have features common to many races, people see them very differently. This is much moreso than girls of just a single dominant descent. In terms of attractiveness to us as individuals, they're either way ahead or way behind.

To see this in action try to find the overall consensus on Kristen Kreuk (Smallville chick). In general, I've seen that guys see her as very hot. At the same time though, there are a significant number of guys who think that she looks somewhat like an alien. Either way I have found very few people sitting on the fence.

EliteNinja
04-10-2005, 04:55 AM
Here are some facts:

White Girls Don't Want Us (http://www.bitterasianmen.com/whitegirls.html)

Asian Girls Don't Want Us! (http://www.bitterasianmen.com/asiangirls.html)

A Scientific Approach to why us Asians are unwanted in Western Society (http://www.bitterasianmen.com/math.html)

So sad but true.

RED_RAIN
04-10-2005, 05:49 AM
I'm asian and have only dated white girls. I almost dated this Hmong girl but decided not to (not into that type of culture). I'm also adopted. I find many adopted asians (as least for Koreans) have not dated any asians but only white people.

gamblore99
04-10-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm asian and have only dated white girls. I almost dated this Hmong girl but decided not to (not into that type of culture). I'm also adopted. I find many adopted asians (as least for Koreans) have not dated any asians but only white people.

[/ QUOTE ]

cool. are your parents asian to? how old where you when you were adopted?

RED_RAIN
04-10-2005, 06:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
cool. are your parents asian to? how old where you when you were adopted?

[/ QUOTE ]

My parents are white. I was adopted when I was 2. I am also a twin.

Boris
04-10-2005, 06:30 AM
all you baby! (http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/w4m/67755735.html)

DBowling
04-10-2005, 06:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a fetishist, and you can't be bitter just because of a mere fetish

RydenStoompala
04-10-2005, 07:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its all about Latinas:

[/ QUOTE ]

Except for J. Lo who could scare my dog. She's a goalie for a dart team. Third place in a three hag potato rake right. Butt ('scuse the pun) freakin ugly. And that voice! Shatters car windshields two cities over. Cant sing a note and needs two crappers to take a dump.

Blarg
04-10-2005, 09:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here are some facts:

A Scientific Approach to why us Asians are unwanted in Western Society (http://www.bitterasianmen.com/math.html)

So sad but true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read that -- pretty funny. A grain of truth there, I'm sure.

Blarg
04-10-2005, 09:17 AM
Salma Hayek is freaky hot though. And her body's as close to perfect as anyone's will ever get. I'm no fan of J-lo either, though.

Blarg
04-10-2005, 09:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The thing with mixed girls is that since they have features common to many races, people see them very differently. This is much moreso than girls of just a single dominant descent. In terms of attractiveness to us as individuals, they're either way ahead or way behind.

To see this in action try to find the overall consensus on Kristen Kreuk (Smallville chick). In general, I've seen that guys see her as very hot. At the same time though, there are a significant number of guys who think that she looks somewhat like an alien. Either way I have found very few people sitting on the fence.

[/ QUOTE ]

The smallville chick is amazingly great.

Blarg
04-10-2005, 09:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think there's a couple of factors that make asian guy/white girl relationships rare. One is a simple matter of size (I'm talking about height here, not "hand" size...). A girl is just generally less likely to go for a guy that is shorter than her. Also, since our society teaches that height is important for a man, I think guys who are shorter than those around them tend to be a little more aggro and less laid back than tall guys - and none of this helps when trying to pick up a girl.

Second, I think that a lot of asian cultures tend to be more misogynistic than the US (I know this is a gross generalization, and there are a lot of different cultures in asia, but I think its legit as a general trend). This means that a lot of asian guys may have trouble relating to women as equals- the way that most women expect to be treated in this country. Obviously there's a huge a difference between a guy who just got off the boat from china and a 3rd-generation asian-american - but even in the latter case guys can be affected by the way he sees his father treat his mother, for example. Of course I'm not saying that all asian guys disrespect women - I'm just saying that when we talk about a general trend I think this is a factor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah being short is definitely the kiss of death.

And most women would much rather give guys [censored] than take it from them, which you can't blame them for. Asian culture is still much more traditional than American culture, and men are highly valued there. It must be a shock to a lot of Asian guys coming to America to see men generally portrayed in the media as a tiny percentage of ultra macho superstuds and the rest as idiotic buffoons spiced with the occasional rapist.

4thstreetpete
04-10-2005, 09:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here are some facts:

So sad but true.

[/ QUOTE ]

bwahahhaha!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
that site is hilarious!!! sad but true.

zaxx19
04-10-2005, 09:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Salma Hayek is freaky hot though

[/ QUOTE ]

Her body is....ive seen better faces on latinas with equal or even better bodies.

[ QUOTE ]
I'm no fan of J-lo either, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

TBIBA That Bitch is Below Avg

Blarg
04-10-2005, 11:25 AM
I guess everyone's got their own tastes, but I've never seen a better body than Salma Hayek's.

EliteNinja
04-10-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
all you baby! (http://www.craigslist.org/sfc/w4m/67755735.html)

[/ QUOTE ]

omfg!!!
wtf!
These chicks exist?
A little too old for me, though.