PDA

View Full Version : Stud Hi Lo v Holdem

Wozza
04-09-2005, 02:22 AM
I've been playing Holdem for quite a few weeks now, but only play money so far. I'm waiting for a couple of the low limit books to turn up to do some book learnin' before I deposit some of my hard-earned on one of the micro limit sites.

What I'll quite often do when I need a break from counting my outs and working out pot odds is to pop over to one of the 7 card stud hi-lo games.

OK, I appreciate that playing Holdem for funny money is nothing like playing at even the micro limits. But how do the two games compare?

I win slooowly at Holdem. My 'bankroll' creeps up a little every week, but at 7 Card hi lo, it's like shelling peas! It goes up in leaps and bounds, at least a factor of 10 over the Holdem games and the guys playing it seem to be complete idiots. I'm typing this in between hands and on the last pot, one idiot called me with 10s and 9s when I had aces and Jacks showing!

If any of you guys hit the stud tables as well as the Holdem can you tell me if they play for real money like this?

bholdr
04-09-2005, 04:33 AM
at the micro-mirco limits, sure they do.

like any poker game, it gets harder as the money gets bigger. the players at 1/2 are still TERRIBLE, but they have a rudimentary understanding of strategy. by the time one hits 3/6 most are decent or a little better, though still very beatable. even .5/.10 is NOTHING like play money. it's a whole new game.

Stud Hi-Lo is by far my favroite and best game. that being said, i win more at holdem. there are a lot of rocks on the stud tables, and there are many, many more holdem games to choose from.