PDA

View Full Version : Drawing Dead and fuggin clueless

goodguy_1
04-09-2005, 02:17 AM
This was the 5th of 6 hands were I lost $425 in a whooping 25 minutes..Trying to get used to these swings aint easy !.UTG is a retard LAG and is on tilt.I didnt need to cap the flop but thought it was the best option at the time..in retrospect I think the cap does little especially with the sb sneakily hanging in there and just smooth-calling the flop action.I thought I was drawing live but noooo /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Only real issue here is whether I should have just raised the flop or capped the flop...thoughts?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

River: (22 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 30 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Kc Tc (straight flush, king high).
UTG has 7c 4c (flush, queen high).
Outcome: SB wins 30 BB. </font>

balkii
04-09-2005, 04:32 AM
the only reason i might not cap the flop would be to put in a raise on a good turn card. I could go either way with that depending on my current table image and the last few hands. actually, reading your description of UTG i'm gonna cap the flop and still hope to put in a turn raise.

i think you played the hand well. drawing dead happens, you're not folding that hand until its 2 cold to you and you havent filled up.

Kasumeat
04-09-2005, 05:00 AM
Hey, at least you didn't hit the Queen.

helpmeout
04-09-2005, 05:14 AM
You have to cap the flop so you can draw to your boat later on if the 4 flush/straight cards comes.

You likely have 10 outs so bump the flop call the turn and hope you catch your boat on the river.

Guy McSucker
04-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Even pot-limit Omaha players consider the top full worthy of playing like it's the nuts. Ignore the possibility of the straight flush... it never happens... except this time.

Ignoring the SF, you're either ahead on the flop or better than 2-1 to fill up and win by the river. Either way you want to pump it.

Guy.