PDA

View Full Version : A Simple Plan...

Ianco15
04-09-2005, 01:26 AM
is on FX right now (east coast time). FX shows it a lot. It is a really good movie and if you haven't seen it, watch it. It has Bill Paxton and Billy Bob Thorton. They find a plane crashed in the woods with hundreds of thousands of dollars inside. Madness insues. It also has the actor who played Lumbergh in Office Space.

Ship__It.

Dead
04-09-2005, 01:27 AM
Bill Lumbergh is awesome.

http://www.kinoweb.de/film99/OfficeSpace/pix/off3.jpg

Soo... Peter... about those TPS reports...

Ummm.. yeahhh...

jstnrgrs
04-09-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
They find a plane crashed in the woods with hundreds of thousands of dollars inside.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I recall, the plane had $4,000,000.00 inside.

pshreck
04-09-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
They find a plane crashed in the woods with hundreds of thousands of dollars inside.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was like 500,000.

Dead
04-09-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was like 500,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it was like 4,000,000.

Plot Outline: Two brothers and a friend find $4 million in the cockpit of a downed plane. The pilot is dead. No one is looking for the money.

Well, 4.4 million to be exact.

Ianco15
04-09-2005, 01:30 AM
You're probably right. I haven't seen it in a while and I turned it on after the begging.

Ship__It.

Ianco15
04-09-2005, 01:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No one is looking for the money.

[/ QUOTE ]
Lumbergh comes looking for it in the end, though. It's always funny to see actors associated with a comedy role in a drama role. Like Lumbergh in this movie and he was also in the Ring 2.

Ship__It.

Blarg
04-09-2005, 07:04 AM
That was a very good movie with some really memorable scenes.

Every once in a while two scenes from it pop into my head and I remember how great they were. One is the scene where Billy Bob Thorton, playing the dumb brother, really lets his brother have it and tells him his whole idea of who he is and what went on in their family are completely full of crap. I've never seen a supposedly dumb guy give a supposedly bright guy that kind of completely mental ass whipping before -- it was friggin glorious. The other is when the smarter brother(Bill Pullman? forget his name) thinks Billy Bob is going to ruin the whole plan and blurt out stuff to the other guy they're trying to set up, and really seems to be doing it, but it turns out to all be part of just being more convincing and following the plan. Man, that conversation was completely on the razor's edge and you could see Billy Bob's brother just pooping a brick and completely at the mercy of his "dumber" brother, and then really surprised and incredibly relieved.

Crap, I gotta go rent that sucka again. That was some damned good writing and acting in that movie, and it was a great story in lots of ways.

beerbandit
04-09-2005, 09:27 AM
movies on regular tv suck

i need nudity or cursing

shayneon
04-09-2005, 10:01 AM
I love both those scenes as well.

When the topic of great acting performances comes up, I always think of Billy Bob in A Simple Plan. Fing Brilliant.

broodwitch
04-09-2005, 10:17 AM
in order of relevance...

1) my favorite thing about this movie is a review (http://www.brunching.com/simpleplan.html) which calls it "evil dead 4: a simple plan".

2) ron livingston (http://imdb.com/name/nm0515296/), who played peter gibbons, was on an episode of celebrity poker. his voice and persona are very similar to peter's, which amuses me greatly. ("RON livingston? the young guy? the office space guy?"; "uh, ron, if you could go ahead and move your chips over to my side of the table ... yeah ... that'd be great")

Matty
04-09-2005, 10:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bill Lumbergh is awesome.

http://www.kinoweb.de/film99/OfficeSpace/pix/off3.jpg

Soo... Peter... about those TPS reports...

Ummm.. yeahhh...

[/ QUOTE ]You ruin everything.

Blarg
04-09-2005, 01:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I love both those scenes as well.

When the topic of great acting performances comes up, I always think of Billy Bob in A Simple Plan. Fing Brilliant.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they were some of the most intense scenes I've ever seen; they remind me of something you'd maybe see out of DeNiro or Christopher Walken in one of his trademark moments in a Tarantino film or something.

The writing was so damn good and the acting was so damn good, and they really turned your expectations upside down. You get even one of those scenes in a movie and you get surprised and kinda blown away, but two of them in the same movie -- wow wow.

PoBoy321
04-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Lumbergh was in the Ring 2? I just saw it the other day and I didn't recognize him.

Boris
04-09-2005, 02:42 PM
extremely mediocre flick. Only great aspect was Bridget Fonda. I love her.

mmbt0ne
04-09-2005, 02:44 PM
I was hoping this would be about the Piebald song. Meh.

theBruiser500
04-09-2005, 05:43 PM
yeah great movie

pshreck
04-09-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Lumbergh was in the Ring 2? I just saw it the other day and I didn't recognize him.

[/ QUOTE ]

He plays Samara.

Alobar
04-09-2005, 05:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's always funny to see actors associated with a comedy role in a drama role.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it totally ruins it. Its like any movie with Bill Paxton, I cant see him as anything other than the guy in "True Lies".

"mmmmmm, Titties that make you wanna stand up and beg for buttermilk. Ass like a ten year old boy!"

and my favorite line "I gotta little dick...its pathetic!!"

Jack of Arcades
04-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Try watching en episode of Full House after Half Baked.

Alobar
04-09-2005, 06:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Try watching en episode of Full House after Half Baked.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh, now that I dont live at home and have to share the TV remote with my sister, I will NEVER AGAIN endure the 30 minutes of torturous hell that is "full house".

But yeah, I hear what you are saying. Thats the only thing bob fa[/i]ggot has done that was actually funny.

Jack of Arcades
04-09-2005, 06:23 PM
Bob Saget is a very funny man. Try his stand up if you can find some.

istewart
04-09-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true.

Alobar
04-09-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

*eyeballs you skeptically* Did you watch "americas funniest home viodeos"????

istewart
04-09-2005, 06:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you actually think ANYBODY could be funny in that setting?

Alobar
04-09-2005, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you actually think ANYBODY could be funny in that setting?

[/ QUOTE ]

god no...but anyone who would take that job cant possibly be funny.