PDA

View Full Version : I need help with HU limit play in MTTs

CardSharpCook
04-09-2005, 01:09 AM
I guess I've had 4 of these and won two, but I feel that this is a huge and costly hole in my game. I'm no damn good HU limit. I just get too agro. I tend to always enter with a raise from the button. Is this wrong? I tend to call a lot when my opponent raises PF. I play a huge % of hands HU - I'd guess 80%. I am good at every other aspect of Limit play except this. All of my final table MTTs in Limit have been converted into HU - I really am good at limit. But HU.... Once I blew a 3:1 chip lead going into HU. Another time, I ALMOST blew that same 3:1 chip lead - was AI twice - before coming back. Just now I lost HU with near equal stacks HU. I don't get it. I'm supposed to be really good. I'm supposed to be able to read people well, and the fewer people at the table the better. I'm supposed to have good command over my opponents - especially HU. I know that this post probably doesn't help you help me... Actually it might, when you get HU with a hyper-agro how do you play? If you wanted to knock some sense into your opponent, what would you say?

Obviously, I'm really not happy with my recent loss, but surely there is a lesson I can learn here...

CSC

ClaytonN
04-09-2005, 01:13 AM
This will sound very retarded coming from me, but neverwin has some decent HU LHE advice over at his forums.

Might help you in some spots.

CardSharpCook
04-09-2005, 01:22 AM
good idea, I'll check out the HU limit forum. I did a username search for "neverwin". It came up empty. Did you mean something else?

CSC

ClaytonN
04-09-2005, 01:33 AM
neverwinpoker.com

forums in there are mostly trash, so just look for his advice on "how to own HU play" or something like that

CardSharpCook
04-09-2005, 01:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
neverwinpoker.com

forums in there are mostly trash, so just look for his advice on "how to own HU play" or something like that

[/ QUOTE ]

TY. Also, let me take back some of my claims from my first post. Suffering from my still fresh defeat I was trying to convince myself that I'm not a bad player. I'm sure you all know how that goes. I've gotten extremely lucky in final tables with limit. Once, a desperation all-in call with 10 left into a 6 handed pot with Q9s gave me the necessary chips to win. This game, I won to numerous coin-flip all-ins to stay in it late.

Still though, I know that HU limit is a weakness for me. Anyone else with advice would be appreciated.

CSC